NBA 2K19 MyTEAM

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: NBA 2K19 MyTEAM

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 am

Andrew wrote:True. For me it's been about collecting some cool cards and playing the single player modes, but I imagine the market crash has played havoc with online balance.

I take it one step further, I collect cool cards and try to make historic teams/all-time teams/Olympic teams, but then I don't ever even play with them :lol: I used to the past couple games, but this year I mostly spent my time on retro roster creations.
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:44 pm

That's kind of what I've been doing as well, though I'll probably play with them a little bit before NBA 2K20 drops, as I'm basically done with MyCAREER.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Yeah, they've been overly-generous with the locker codes this year. My starting five is Opal Tony Parker, Opal McCollum, PD Spreewell, Opal Dirk and PD Jermaine O'Neal, while my bench is mainly filled out with Diamond rewards... I have yet to play a game with said lineup between the mode crashing and previous reasons I've cited (god squads being boring)... it's all about Play Now Online now.

Remember at the beginning of the year when we were all hunting for budget cards? Even if it was glitched Amethysts like Hedo (or even Rubies), that was still a fun facet of the mode that is nonexistent now -- that was the prime of the mode; now, it's useless imo. I never really would've thought Opals would be as cheap as they are (I imagine they're like 5K now).

At the end of the day, it's probably better I'm playing Play Now Online: playing with other players on the Playground is infuriating (I can only think of like one experience all the way back in 2K17 where two teammates and I were playing in perfect harmony and it was a transcendent experience), MyTEAM is glitched and running a dynasty story is time-consuming... that being said, I'll echo you guys in that it was fun to create some retro squads in the Dwight Howard Magic, Arenas Wizards and Bibby/Johnson/Williams/Smith/Horford Hawks... I guess it's finally over for 2K19 MyTEAM.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:53 pm

I'd prefer it to the way they approached Locker Codes in previous years, which is to say barely anyone getting to claim them and less substantial rewards. They could stand to be a bit more balanced I suppose, but I have to give credit where it's due: I've been able to build a decent team without spending any real money, and some of my best pulls came from spending the VC I earned while grinding in MyCAREER. I also have no interest in playing MyTEAM's online modes, so the balance doesn't bother me as much there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:08 am

Admittedly I didn't play Supermax much (too many placement matches), but that's exactly what I'm desiring -- a salary cap-type mode, but they'll never go back to that because of $.
[Hyperize]

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19