Feedback & Suggestions

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Feedback & Suggestions

Postby dwayne12345 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:18 am

Changing gears a bit from the skating to some MyLeague easy fix quality of life stuff:

In the image below this has always irked me. It says the Pistons have Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson, Jon Leuer and 2 more people on the trading block.

Why not just list the names of the 2 more? It goes to a 2nd line anyway so listing all the players who are on the block for them in Team Intel just makes sense.

This +2 more makes me so irrationally angry. Now I have to go to the contract section of each player on the team to find out who the 2 more players they have on the block are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dwayne12345

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 am

Perhaps the new animation engine highlights it, and the problem repeats more often, but sliding/skating are legacy issues.
That doesnt excuse this problem, but it's 2K signature.

2k11 :
phpBB [video]

2K13 :
phpBB [video]

2k16 :
phpBB [video]

2K17 :
phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Perhaps the new animation engine highlights it, and the problem repeats more often, but sliding/skating are legacy issues.
That doesnt excuse this problem, but it's 2K signature.

2k11 :
phpBB [video]

2K13 :
phpBB [video]

2k16 :
phpBB [video]

2K17 :
phpBB [video]

Oh totally, sliding was in past games, it's in Live 19 as well. But it's not even close to as bad or as constant. There are INSTANCES of sliding in games before 2K18 and 2K19, where you would go "whoa what was that" and forget about it a moment later. It's not just instances in 2K18 and 2K19, it's literally happening all the time.

It's felt on most everything you do in 2K19, and hurts the feel and visual appeal of the game. Like on my video, it's happening on every step sometimes, and players are literally floating above the court (like in my example of Payton, Bird, Lillard etc).

The thing about 2K17 and before (back to 2K11) is that you had some foot planting implemented to offset the occasional skate. Because of the foot planting in those games, you had more control when you wanted to stop, or switch directions, or just turn a corner in general.

With how rampant it is on every possession in 2K19 (and 2K18) it's just a terrible gameplay flaw. In a sports game, nothing is more important than player movement, because it impacts the feel and visual appeal at all times.

If you watch my 2K17 videos (or any really from past games) you can visually the control, you can visually see that the game has better foot planting and more control. The new motion system was implemented poorly IMO, and for me it's a total game killer.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby skoadam on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:39 am

sticky-fingers, problem is, in 2k19 we see player with ball without any contact and he slide HAAAARD. I can fully agree that sliding in 2k games is real since years but scale is different.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 pm

I agree with Dee, it's not a good look, and it's happening way more in 19 than 18 or previous versions. I have to admit, I didn't really notice it in older games. I'm just wondering what did the devs do, to make it more pronounced in this years game?
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:45 pm

A new motion system went in last year, which seemed to exacerbate the issue. Whatever tweaks have been implemented this year appear to have made it worse still.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:I agree with Dee, it's not a good look, and it's happening way more in 19 than 18 or previous versions. I have to admit, I didn't really notice it in older games. I'm just wondering what did the devs do, to make it more pronounced in this years game?

What makes it even worse this year is it's impacting change of direction even more (so turning left or turning right is worse). You will try to turn a corner, and your player will skate in that direction as opposed to realistically moving into it, or your player will actually float about the court for a second, like the examples in my videos. It's also impacting acceleration more, as acceleration feels like you are literally trying to start a run in real life on an ice rink, as your feet are sliding underneath you constantly.

Try to change directions in 2K19 and you will see what I mean. It feels, and looks completely unnatural.

I just posted a 2K17 gameplay video on my youtube channel. You can easily tell that the movement is much more free, foot planting is easily apparent.

The good thing is, I feel far less isolated with this complaint this year, compared to my defense thread last year. People fought me on it a lot early on, and started coming around later on. Here, people are noticing it right away, and I think part of that is because there was a lot of dissapointment surrounding 2K18.

The skating video of 2K19 that posted on my channel is about at 60 views, 25 likes, and 0 dislikes, and a lot of comments stating that they agree and noticed it. Small sample size obviously, but it's still a sample size. I'm noticing more and more comments on other gameplay videos as well.

Can't believe how poor the movement has becomes in this series. The new motion system really hurt it.

The first three impressions in my apartment were as follows (this was without them picking up the game). I also made sure not to say anything to them about my opinions until they gave theirs.

My brother , Nick: OMG the skating, the player movement looks terrible!.

My brother, Mark: Dee, please don't tell me we are switching to this, I can't handle the sliding.

Hannah: Why are they floating and gliding above the court?

Literally the first impressions from unbiased parties. Meaning, we don't care which company makes the game, we treat them equally. We have been bouncing back and forth from NBA Live 04, NBA 2K17, NBA 2K14, NBA Live 10, etc. My first impression with the full version was: I can't play this, the movement is terrible, I don't have control. When Nick picked up the controller, he immediately said "I CAN FEEL IT" and paused the game on the first possession and pointed out several instances of his player sliding and even floating above the court. Acceleration in this game feels broken, and that's the other thing him and I noticed first, as it's an exercise in frustration to even stop and go.

Glad I still like so many of the past 2Ks.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:16 pm

Dee4Three wrote:The good thing is, I feel far less isolated with this complaint this year, compared to my defense thread last year. People fought me on it a lot early on, and started coming around later on. Here, people are noticing it right away, and I think part of that is because there was a lot of dissapointment surrounding 2K18.

Although there is a vocal contingent of gamers on Twitter who feel everything is perfect and any valid criticism is just "whining". At least we can rise above such attitudes around these parts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 am

Andrew wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:The good thing is, I feel far less isolated with this complaint this year, compared to my defense thread last year. People fought me on it a lot early on, and started coming around later on. Here, people are noticing it right away, and I think part of that is because there was a lot of dissapointment surrounding 2K18.

Although there is a vocal contingent of gamers on Twitter who feel everything is perfect and any valid criticism is just "whining". At least we can rise above such attitudes around these parts.

Yep.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Ray4Three0906 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm

I felt something really weird about the lightning right after I started my first game.
You can see a thin line area around players legs that are transparent, no shades.
125141uzr8mq6vmoorw81m_副本.jpg

This issue is even visible when you are actually playing using camera angles.
18353363wy3feeer303yyg.jpg

it looks like players are glowing with a black smoke around them.
It's really obvious since it's basically around every player and the ball.
Not sure if anyone noticed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray4Three0906

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Do you have bloom enabled?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Roberto on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Gameplay is worst than last year. Game looks more slow, CPU players a lot of faster than yours. Amazing that Simmons is faster than Rozier. Impossible dribbling etc... Don't like gameplay
Roberto

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Too many damn steals, and unforced turnovers ( just losing the ball off the dribble) The steals are ridiculous this year, especially by the CPU. And rim protection on back door cuts (help side defense) is non-existent. Suppose to tap the A button to move to the closest defender, but they don't rotate quick enough. Offensive rebounds are still a problem, when 6ft guards are boxing out the bigs, and the CPU always shoots a ungodly field goal % every game. I haven't played a close game yet. The gameplay is better IMO, but some of the same bugs from previous versions, still exist.
Uncle Drew

Postby Midas Touch on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Too many damn steals, and unforced turnovers ( just losing the ball off the dribble) The steals are ridiculous this year, especially by the CPU. And rim protection on back door cuts (help side defense) is non-existent. Suppose to tap the A button to move to the closest defender, but they don't rotate quick enough. Offensive rebounds are still a problem, when 6ft guards are boxing out the bigs, and the CPU always shoots a ungodly field goal % every game. I haven't played a close game yet. The gameplay is better IMO, but some of the same bugs from previous versions, still exist.

This post explains it all.

Sliding is probably what’s killing it the most for me.
Midas Touch

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:21 am

something that's been bothering me for several years, this issue is a legacy flaw for years : if you trap CPU, it's a tip off :

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm

As deep as NBA 2K19 is (and it's DEEP), it has a flaw when it comes to the retro content.

The game forces you to have 14 players on each team in MyLeague or Season mode, and there is no way to shut that requirement off. If you start your MyLeague or Season with under 14 players, the game places random players on your team. I understand that those are the rules for the NBA NOW, but that hasn't always been the case. And, with the historical teams in the game missing so many licensed players as it is (benches with many fakes), it's frustrating. Also, 2K didn't put enough fakes on most of the teams (they are at 13 players), so if you try and start your MyLeague with one of those teams, it will automatically add a random real player onto the team.

2K gives us an option to delete players from a roster in create roster, which is awesome. But, that doesn't help MyLeague or Season mode at all. And, you can delete all the players off the free agent list and start your MyLeague, and the game will still assign players to your teams with under 14 players.

They should have an option in those modes that allow us to dismiss the 14 player requirement. That way, we can bring historical teams into MyLeague, and enjoy them with the roster intact. And with the ability to delete players, they should atleast allow us to bring 10-12 player historical teams into MyLeague without players randomly being assigned to the teams.

I made 3 huge rosters for 2K17. Back at that time, the requirement for each team was 13 players, and that was still tough. This year it's even tougher. But, this would benefit those on consoles GREATLY, as they don't have the modding options we do.

Again, 2K19 has the most depth of any sports game on the market (and ever). But, that's one hole in the depth. As the system is now, historical teams are really only good for play now. With all of this retro content in the game, can we atleast bring some of the historical teams into MyLeague without having random players assigned?

Hopefully the devs will patch this option in.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Midas Touch on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:48 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:something that's been bothering me for several years, this issue is a legacy flaw for years : if you trap CPU, it's a tip off :

phpBB [video]

If this isn’t the most accurate statement ever.
Midas Touch

Postby Dwell On on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:03 am

Ok, the skating and gliding is one thing, but what about the level of difficulty. I playing the 2k Series for more then 7 years now and my difficulty level every year was Superstar. I had a lot of fun and it feels realistic. Now I have so much problems playing All-Star (MyLeague and MyPlayer). In the MyPlayer mode it's too hard to get a good player/team note, because a lot of team play stuff I do on the court are not counting correct or give me points and when I do a turnover or foul I lost so much points. That's the worst thing for me at the moment and takes all the fun of playing 2k19.

Another problem is I don't have any clue to pass by the defender, not even with a Pick and Roll. And if I don't lose the ball, then I take a jumpshot that does not fall. For 7 years I did not know that the teamplay note goes to F. This is a completely new experience for me that i would like to forego.

The pro level is to easy...
Dwell On

Postby miki_92 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm

is it just me or the game looks much better visually in triple threat MyTeam mode
miki_92

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:19 pm

It's possible that the playground in Triple Threat has different lighting and that makes it look better for you.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby miki_92 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 am

it def has and it's much better than the one used in NBA arenas IMO

everything looks much more vivid from jerseys, floor reflections to players alone
miki_92

Postby dare on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:25 pm

I don't want to create another thread, so the game is 50% off on steam is it worth it to buy it now?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:06 am

A new topic would've been preferable to posting off-topic here. The impressions thread would've also been more suitable: viewtopic.php?f=240&t=106078&p=1948393#p1948393

In any event, at this point I would say that it's an improvement over NBA 2K19. There are lingering legacy issues, but overall I'm enjoying it more than NBA 2K18, in terms of both gameplay and game modes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Some feedback actually...

When Raptors won, 2K posted this image on twitter.

It says "expires 9:20 pm PDT" and the tweet was posted at 8:53 pm PDT. So literally less than half an hour to redeem the code.
To be fair to 2K they announced there will be a code early.

First, I'd say the reward is kinda meh. Now imagine if instead of the jersey it would be full Raptors' Champions set. Hoodie, cap, shorts. IMO much better.

Second, I also think just adding it to everyone's inventory would be better. Half an hour window at 5:53 AM in Europe on workday is just big nope. And I checked, since there's quite a few Aussies here (hey Andrew), it was 1:53 PM in Sydney and 11:53 AM in Perth. Like you can get away with having the game in some jobs on a screen, but less likely to play on your console to redeem the code.

Feels like a bad decision of some manager. Neglecting players outside of US with something that isn't exactly hype creating.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:01 am

I noticed that as well. They've been quite good with the MyTEAM Locker Codes this year (odds and certain secondary prizes not withstanding), but codes like that need to be up for a day or so.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K19