NBA2K19 servers will be discontinued on Dec-31-2020

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

NBA2K19 servers will be discontinued on Dec-31-2020

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:07 am

Not a good news but it was expected...

2K announced on Twitter that "The #NBA2K19 server will be discontinued on December 31, 2020.
Players will no longer be able to play ranked or online league games. For more info: http://2k.com/serverstatus"
sticky-fingers

Re: NBA2K19 servers will be discontinued on Dec-31-2020

Postby drj32 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:31 am

unfortunately I just spent a month creating a custom league for 2K 19 on PS4.

I'm assuming that the only way that the roster and league will be accessible is if I only use the teams available within the game itself, including the 6 expansion teams in the base game, but if the base roster was originally downloaded, will the players show up or will the roster file be corrupt as well?

Would DNA still work?

Trying to figure out under what conditions the game can still be playable off-line.
Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
drj32

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:56 am

I'm only mildly surprised they didn't extend it a few weeks as they did with NBA 2K18, but generally speaking, they've been sticking to the 27 months they promised after the debacle with NBA 2K14.

drj32 wrote:unfortunately I just spent a month creating a custom league for 2K 19 on PS4.

I'm assuming that the only way that the roster and league will be accessible is if I only use the teams available within the game itself, including the 6 expansion teams in the base game, but if the base roster was originally downloaded, will the players show up or will the roster file be corrupt as well?

Would DNA still work?

Trying to figure out under what conditions the game can still be playable off-line.
Thanks

No guarantees, but I believe existing files are still usable. Back in NBA 2K17, MyLEAGUE saves with downloaded content were locked, but I believe they've fixed that in subsequent releases.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:08 am

I like the way they posted on twitter "2K19 Servers"
At least we know why online is shitty for years :lol:
sticky-fingers

Postby drj32 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:18 am

Andrew wrote:I'm only mildly surprised they didn't extend it a few weeks as they did with NBA 2K18, but generally speaking, they've been sticking to the 27 months they promised after the debacle with NBA 2K14.

drj32 wrote:unfortunately I just spent a month creating a custom league for 2K 19 on PS4.

Would DNA still work?

Thanks

No guarantees, but I believe existing files are still usable. Back in NBA 2K17, MyLEAGUE saves with downloaded content were locked, but I believe they've fixed that in subsequent releases.

Andrew,
that's what happened with my 2K 17 files. I can't access any of the rosters or leagues I created.

from what you're saying, for 2k19, it sounds like as long as I don't use any downloaded content for the league, then it can still load up even though the servers are gone?
or are you saying that even downloaded content would work off-line?

I wonder if I can test possibilities today by just unplugging my online capability and going fully off-line?
drj32

Postby drj32 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:33 am

just got this message from 2K...

I'm afraid as we here at 2K support currently have no information on availability of game modes after the server shutdown, you will still be able to play the game but unfortunately, I am sorry to say and I know this is not convenient, you will not be able to use a player created online on the offline game against CPU.

I think that means that if you don't create a roster on your own, any roster that was downloaded will not work. I wonder if there is any way around that?
drj32

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:17 pm

I believe that as of NBA 2K19, those saves will continue to function offline, with the downloaded content. I believe Phil89 confirmed that after suffering the lockout with his NBA 2K17 MyLEAGUE, by doing as you suggested with NBA 2K19: putting Steam into offline mode, firing up the game, and trying to load the save. It probably wouldn't hurt to try again just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure Phil discovered that it worked.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:16 pm

Few hours left, dont forget to download the rosters you want to keep / try :!:
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 pm

I'd intended to play one more game of MyTEAM with my stacked lineup with all the Galaxy Opals, just to get some more use out of them and write a feature about it. Unfortunately I didn't have time as I was wrapping up the 25th Anniversary of NBA Live retrospectives, so the article won't ever be coming. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K19