every save is gone. MyLeague

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

every save is gone. MyLeague

Postby wicked waway on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:42 pm

Hi all, I Need help please? I have NBA2k19 steam version and after I reformatted my PC last week, and launcing the game for the first time
it wont load my myLeague saves. It sees it in the manage files but it tells me

"please connect to the 2k sports network to download the data required to load this save"

But when I press connect,nothing happens anyway

Im holding on the 2k19 and skipped 2k20/2K21 waiting for next gen (hopefully) 2K22
so Id like to keep on playing my 2k19 myleague which i started, well, since it released
So kind of a waste to restart all over again(about 12 seasons into it)

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Duterte 2016
wicked waway

Re: every save is gone. MyLeague

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:49 pm

That's a pain. I've seen it happen with old save files following a reinstall after the servers go offline. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's any way to fix that.

What kind of backups do you have for NBA 2K19? If you've got any update files including sync.bin, you could try overwriting whatever's in the folder at the moment. That's the only thing I can think of. The "always online" aspect of recent NBA 2K games hasn't been well-designed in my opinion, because offline saves can end up getting affected as well, and former online saves that are meant to convert into offline saves once the servers are offline don't always do so when reinstalling the game after the server shutdown. It's messy, and a sign that they're counting on people never going back or continuing to play old games beyond the span of online support.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wicked waway on Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:41 am

Andrew wrote:That's a pain. I've seen it happen with old save files following a reinstall after the servers go offline. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there's any way to fix that.

What kind of backups do you have for NBA 2K19? If you've got any update files including sync.bin, you could try overwriting whatever's in the folder at the moment. That's the only thing I can think of. The "always online" aspect of recent NBA 2K games hasn't been well-designed in my opinion, because offline saves can end up getting affected as well, and former online saves that are meant to convert into offline saves once the servers are offline don't always do so when reinstalling the game after the server shutdown. It's messy, and a sign that they're counting on people never going back or continuing to play old games beyond the span of online support.

Thanks.I guess I can try to load one I have from back in August.
Do you think I can just overwrite the 841370 contents with these?
H:\+backups\2020 Reformat\Steam Userdata\Steam\userdata\32250028\841370
Duterte 2016
wicked waway

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:30 am

You should be able to. If in doubt, back up what's there so you don't lose it (just in case it can be salvaged), and try overwriting it with the backup.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K19