(help) game launch error

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

(help) game launch error

Postby andrucabezas on Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:40 am

anyone have an idea how to fix this error?

d3d11createdice() failed
with error code 0xffffffff887a0004
this application requires direc3d 11 intalled,
runnig a gpu with direct3d 11.0 feature set or greater,
and a cpu with or more cores,
and with SSE4.2 Sopport or greater.

I have a geforce 405 directx 12 graphics card
and an intel i5-2400 cpu (supports sse 4.2, and is 4-core)

I appreciate in advance any solution you can give me, I really want to play 2k again and after days downloading the game with a bad internet I hope I can solve this
andrucabezas

Re: (help) game launch error

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:24 am

According to this thread on the NVIDIA forums, people have had similar issues with older NBA 2K games as well. They were able to fix it by running the game using Intel graphics rather than NVIDIA.

There's some more troubleshooting info in this Reddit thread that might be more helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/co ... 3d_issues/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby andrucabezas on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Andrew wrote:According to this thread on the NVIDIA forums, people have had similar issues with older NBA 2K games as well. They were able to fix it by running the game using Intel graphics rather than NVIDIA.

There's some more troubleshooting info in this Reddit thread that might be more helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/co ... 3d_issues/

I am going to try installing the gpu drivers cleanly again as recommended in the reddit thread, I will tell how it goes once I do
andrucabezas

Postby andrucabezas on Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:52 pm

andrucabezas wrote:
Andrew wrote:According to this thread on the NVIDIA forums, people have had similar issues with older NBA 2K games as well. They were able to fix it by running the game using Intel graphics rather than NVIDIA.

I am going to try installing the gpu drivers cleanly again as recommended in the reddit thread, I will tell how it goes once I do

I installed the drivers again cleanly and nothing follows the same error
andrucabezas

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:40 am

Are you getting the issue with any other games? It sounds like a generic error message about a driver/hardware conflict, which makes it difficult to troubleshoot beyond the obvious. Anything else you can tell us about your PC's specs?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby andrucabezas on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:24 am

Andrew wrote:Are you getting the issue with any other games? It sounds like a generic error message about a driver/hardware conflict, which makes it difficult to troubleshoot beyond the obvious. Anything else you can tell us about your PC's specs?

I have not had problems with any other game, games like dragon ball figtherz or hollow knight run without problems.

other pc specs are 8gb ram ddr3
500gb hard drive
motherboard ecs h51h2-Cm
I checked the temperatures of everything and they are fine so I do not think it is a physical problem
andrucabezas

Postby andrucabezas on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:51 am

andrucabezas wrote:
Andrew wrote:Are you getting the issue with any other games? It sounds like a generic error message about a driver/hardware conflict, which makes it difficult to troubleshoot beyond the obvious. Anything else you can tell us about your PC's specs?

I have not had problems with any other game, games like dragon ball figtherz or hollow knight run without problems.

other pc specs are 8gb ram ddr3
500gb hard drive
motherboard ecs h51h2-Cm
I checked the temperatures of everything and they are fine so I do not think it is a physical problem

update:

I tried disabling the graphics and ran the game with the cpu and it worked perfect but very poor performance because of the old graphics chip of the cpu, so I keep trying and looking for ways to make it work with the graphics card
andrucabezas

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:14 pm

That lines up with what other people have been saying about that error. Unfortunately I haven't seen any other solutions except that one, but if you get it to work with your dedicated card, please let us know!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K19