Stadium Crowd crowd_lighting.FxTweakables Tutorial/Discussion

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Stadium Crowd crowd_lighting.FxTweakables Tutorial/Discussion

Postby bongo88 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 am

This post will work best in tandem with the Stadium PostEffect.FxTweakables guide found here link

I finally took a look at the crowd_lighting.FxTweakables found in the stadium file (s005.iff or whatever).

Approximate range for values:
crowd brightness [-5] ---- [5] .... can use any number really (10, 500, -30, 18.8, -6.2, etc)
crowd luminostiy [-9000] ------- [9000] (rather large range. -9000 is warm light, 9000 is fluorescent blue light)
crowd shadow [-2] ---- [2] (looks good around 0.8 or so.... but try all decimals between -2 and 2 )

preview image:

there's too many images. should be self explanatory if you go with album from top to bottom.
Album image link: https://imgur.com/a/dZYju0I

streamable hex tutorial videos (applicable)

here's a video (no sound) about working with the Float in Data inspector window

https://streamable.com/v63aw

by using the Float Value, you can think of stuff in whole numbers. so if contrast is 1.09 ... then increase it to 1.20 .... or decrease it to 0.8
or if white balance/luminosity is 4800.0000 .... then change to 4200.0000 or 3600.000 or 5800.000.... or whatever number.

with small numbers (1.0 or 0.8 or 0.5 etc ) usually a small change is all that's required. so changing contrast from 1.09 to 1.18 will change bunch of stuff. changing 1.09 to 18.4 will make a very very large change. that usually the rule with small numbers.

oh, forgot about data inspector video
https://streamable.com/q08vi

guide attached to post. Zip file has hex guide and the 2k16 crowd_lighting.fxTweakable in the zip file. must use that crowd_lighting with the guide. Just edit the crowd fx and place in the stadium file (s005.iff or whatever)

edit: https://medium.com/@Dropality/matching- ... e80cc79474
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bongo88 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Re: Stadium Crowd crowd_lighting.FxTweakables Tutorial/Discussion

Postby Manni Live on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:31 pm

OH wow! Nice find bongo!!

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby maumau78 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Great Work
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:22 am

Hex Master :bowdown: :applaud:

Edit: I just tried, it works but it seems only for front ranks. Any chance to make the whole crowd on upper level brighter ?
sticky-fingers

Postby HappySnow on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:18 am

HappySnow

Postby TRIIIAD on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 am

That's crazy 2K can look like that without Reshade. It means the base game could look that good from the start but consoles are holding it back :roll:
TRIIIAD

Postby bongo88 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:20 am

Those look amazing HappySnow! (Y) (Y)
You have a great eye for lighting tones. Certainly better results than any lighting adjustments i have made :) haha :)
You should make a lighting thread with your stadium presets. they look great.
Edit: just noticed the little Thank You, Bongo88 messages :) :) ... but seriously, you've gotten amazing results by adjusting the lighting. Glad you used the tutorial :)
Edit2: haha.... No Reshade Rockets .... thought it was their new sponser.... haha, i should go get some coffee lol

TRIIIAD wrote:That's crazy 2K can look like that without Reshade. It means the base game could look that good from the start but consoles are holding it back :roll:

I've noticed that if i push the lighting different ways, it causes distortion/aliasing in the crowd. With some lighting values.....When i'm sprinting down court, the Crowd goes blurry and shimmers. then crowd settles into focus when the movement stops. Like the depth of field is too strong or the engine can't render the lighting quick enough. But, yeah, the lighting can look amazing.

In 2k18, i've been brightening the whole scene with post.fx ... which makes the floor bright and the crowd super bright. then darkening the crowd.fx.... so the crowd brightness is back to normal. just so it looks like the stadium owners turned the lights on :) haha :)
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:35 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Hex Master :bowdown: :applaud:

Edit: I just tried, it works but it seems only for front ranks. Any chance to make the whole crowd on upper level brighter ?

For the Crowd Dark Shadow .... in 2k18 we were able to use 2k17 crowd.Data. the 2k19 crowd.data is much, much shorter than 2k18/2k17. But in the stadium.iff there is a new crowd.SCN that was not in 2k18/2k17. Unfortunatley, the crowd.scn does not load into blender. Anyways, it would be interesting if y'all got that crowd.SCN to load into blender. Dunnow what that controls.
There might be a value in the arena.scn file (when opened with notepad). that has lots and lots of lighting values. I haven't tried many of them.
bongo88

Postby Santicruyff on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:09 am

Hello, congratulations for this awesome tutorial, I've been doing my editions and it's a wonder the realism that can be brought to the game with this, but I only had one problem was the s015.iff that corresponds to the Lakers' stadium, when I try to edit with the Hex the brightness for example, what it does is not increase or reduce it, but it increases or decreases the darkness of the upper part of the stadium, an incredible surprise, but it is not what I was looking for and I can not find where it goes up or low brightness for example. The only good thing is that the power to remove or put the shadow in the crowd_lighting.FxTweakables de lakers gives you to think that you can get in the other stadiums, but you should look calmly, to be able to achieve it. If you can investigate a little in this s015 .iff and know why this happens I would greatly appreciate it, while I will continue researching to see what I can solve.
Attached image as proof of what happened to me with the stadium of lakers

Santicruyff

Postby DEIRRA on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:59 am

Santicruyff wrote:Hello, congratulations for this awesome tutorial, I've been doing my editions and it's a wonder the realism that can be brought to the game with this, but I only had one problem was the s015.iff that corresponds to the Lakers' stadium, when I try to edit with the Hex the brightness for example, what it does is not increase or reduce it, but it increases or decreases the darkness of the upper part of the stadium, an incredible surprise, but it is not what I was looking for and I can not find where it goes up or low brightness for example. The only good thing is that the power to remove or put the shadow in the crowd_lighting.FxTweakables de lakers gives you to think that you can get in the other stadiums, but you should look calmly, to be able to achieve it. If you can investigate a little in this s015 .iff and know why this happens I would greatly appreciate it, while I will continue researching to see what I can solve.

[ Image ]

:bowdown: :bowdown2: espero ver los tribunales con gran oscuridad
DEIRRA

Postby KBMAMBA24 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:03 am

congratulations, I hope the crowd of lakers in the dark like real life :bowdown2: :crazyeyes: (Y)
KBMAMBA24

Postby DEIRRA on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:10 am

TRIIIAD wrote:That's crazy 2K can look like that without Reshade. It means the base game could look that good from the start but consoles are holding it back :roll:

right they are layering the power of the game in pc hopefully somebody can find the configuration similar to the one of the nba 2k14 to increase the lighting on the board and the advertisements and the field as well as the focus of the lights
DEIRRA

Postby DEIRRA on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:15 am

bongo88 wrote:Those look amazing HappySnow! (Y) (Y)
You have a great eye for lighting tones. Certainly better results than any lighting adjustments i have made :) haha :)
You should make a lighting thread with your stadium presets. they look great.
Edit: just noticed the little Thank You, Bongo88 messages :) :) ... but seriously, you've gotten amazing results by adjusting the lighting. Glad you used the tutorial :)
Edit2: haha.... No Reshade Rockets .... thought it was their new sponser.... haha, i should go get some coffee lol

I've noticed that if i push the lighting different ways, it causes distortion/aliasing in the crowd. With some lighting values.....When i'm sprinting down court, the Crowd goes blurry and shimmers. then crowd settles into focus when the movement stops. Like the depth of field is too strong or the engine can't render the lighting quick enough. But, yeah, the lighting can look amazing.

In 2k18, i've been brightening the whole scene with post.fx ... which makes the floor bright and the crowd super bright. then darkening the crowd.fx.... so the crowd brightness is back to normal. just so it looks like the stadium owners turned the lights on :) haha :)

right they are layering the power of the game in pc hopefully somebody can find the configuration similar to the one of the nba 2k14 to increase the lighting on the board and the advertisements and the field as well as the focus of the lights....,,,,,as I would like to see more intensity in the lights of the stadium as they are advertising board and see darkness in the audience to see the game more realistic style nba live 2019 hya to look for that lighting
DEIRRA

Postby DEIRRA on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Santicruyff wrote:Hello, congratulations for this awesome tutorial, I've been doing my editions and it's a wonder the realism that can be brought to the game with this, but I only had one problem was the s015.iff that corresponds to the Lakers' stadium, when I try to edit with the Hex the brightness for example, what it does is not increase or reduce it, but it increases or decreases the darkness of the upper part of the stadium, an incredible surprise, but it is not what I was looking for and I can not find where it goes up or low brightness for example. The only good thing is that the power to remove or put the shadow in the crowd_lighting.FxTweakables de lakers gives you to think that you can get in the other stadiums, but you should look calmly, to be able to achieve it. If you can investigate a little in this s015 .iff and know why this happens I would greatly appreciate it, while I will continue researching to see what I can solve.

[ Image ]

YOU COULD SEND ME THE FILE YOU ARE WORKING WITH THE COURTS
DEIRRA

Postby Manni Live on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Santicruyff, is right about the s015.iff im having quite some troubles with the lakers aswell im using the same .fxtweakbles from the sixers and the results are vastly different.

Imagenba2k19.exe Screenshot 2018.09.29 - 08.40.16.31 by ebook22, on Flickr
Imagenba2k19.exe Screenshot 2018.09.29 - 08.42.21.70 by ebook22, on Flickr

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Manni Live
Contributor

Postby DEIRRA on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:28 pm

Manni Live wrote:Santicruyff, is right about the s015.iff im having quite some troubles with the lakers aswell im using the same .fxtweakbles from the sixers and the results are vastly different.

[ Image ]nba2k19.exe Screenshot 2018.09.29 - 08.40.16.31 by ebook22, on Flickr
[ Image ]nba2k19.exe Screenshot 2018.09.29 - 08.42.21.70 by ebook22, on Flickr

what happens is that the first lines of the courts of the lakers can show that when the lights go out the public follows with light and brightness that means that those values are in another file or are very high
DEIRRA

Postby Santicruyff on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Hello, I found a solution for s015. IFF and its crowd_lighting. FxTweakables, I found the brightness in the offset 000001D0 and I was able to darken the first rows of the stadium, and thanks to that I found by chance in the offset 000001A4 to increase or decrease the darkness of the rest I stay the result that you see in the photos.
Now I'm trying to find in other stadiums that normally work what I found by chance in the 000001A4 offset of the Lakers stadium

Santicruyff

Postby DEIRRA on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 am

Santicruyff wrote:Hello, I found a solution for s015. IFF and its crowd_lighting. FxTweakables, I found the brightness in the offset 000001D0 and I was able to darken the first rows of the stadium, and thanks to that I found by chance in the offset 000001A4 to increase or decrease the darkness of the rest I stay the result that you see in the photos.
Now I'm trying to find in other stadiums that normally work what I found by chance in the 000001A4 offset of the Lakers stadium

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

You could send me or upload that crowd_lighting settings. FxTweakables in the file as you have it and the photos you upload please :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
DEIRRA

Postby KBMAMBA24 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:40 am

DEIRRA wrote:
Santicruyff wrote:Hello, I found a solution for s015. IFF and its crowd_lighting. FxTweakables, I found the brightness in the offset 000001D0 and I was able to darken the first rows of the stadium, and thanks to that I found by chance in the offset 000001A4 to increase or decrease the darkness of the rest I stay the result that you see in the photos.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]

You could send me or upload that crowd_lighting settings. FxTweakables in the file as you have it and the photos you upload please :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Please I too would like to get it is very nice
KBMAMBA24

Postby Santicruyff on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:34 am

Here you have the file s015.iff as you edit it in the last pictures. I hope it will help you

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g28hj886c ... s.rar/file
Santicruyff

Postby Manni Live on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:22 am

:applaud: very nice! thanks for that Santicruyff, !

Manni Live
Contributor

Postby KBMAMBA24 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:48 am

:applaud: Thank you Santicruyff
KBMAMBA24

Postby Santicruyff on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:55 am

You're welcome . I am working on a pack of global, courts and stadiums edited in their lighting as close to reality, something that could never have been achieved without so many wonderful people who contribute and work in this community, to which there will never be enough words of gratitude , but still I will. As soon as I finish it I'll share it hoping that they can enjoy it and help :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Santicruyff

Postby maumau78 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:19 am

Santicruyff wrote:You're welcome . I am working on a pack of global, courts and stadiums edited in their lighting as close to reality, something that could never have been achieved without so many wonderful people who contribute and work in this community, to which there will never be enough words of gratitude , but still I will. As soon as I finish it I'll share it hoping that they can enjoy it and help :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Some retro stadiums too if possibile :-)
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Santicruyff on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:43 am

maumau78 wrote:
Santicruyff wrote:You're welcome . I am working on a pack of global, courts and stadiums edited in their lighting as close to reality, something that could never have been achieved without so many wonderful people who contribute and work in this community, to which there will never be enough words of gratitude , but still I will. As soon as I finish it I'll share it hoping that they can enjoy it and help :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Some retro stadiums too if possibile :-)

ok, as soon as I finish what I'm doing I'll get the retro stadiums, it will take me a little time because every stadium I do I put the video of the broadcast of the real game and compare it with the game to make it as real as possible, I know that sometimes it is almost impossible for it to be exactly the same as reality, but as close as possible. I hope you can like the final result
Santicruyff

Next

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding