trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Updated Auto-shrinkwrap Tool Rlsd! ~

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:45 am

Yes you can add hair with or without this tool
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Starboy on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:38 pm

How? I tried giving Lonzo hair but it won't show up in game? Thanks in advance TG and others
Starboy

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Starboy wrote:How? I tried giving Lonzo hair but it won't show up in game? Thanks in advance TG and others

I would recommend that you don't use the tool because doing it the regular way saves you a step at the end. Take the hair SCNE file, model file, and the hair_color / hair_tangent files and drag them into Lonzo's png.iff archive. After that go into his appearance_info.RDAT file and at the bottom where it says "has hair" it needs to say "true" and where it says "hair_in_separate_iff" it needs to say "false"
trevorjpt33

Postby wtferrell on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Can you replace 3d hair if the player has it already within their png? So on the above Lonzo example, if you add a hair, and want to replace it later, what would I need to do?
wtferrell

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:45 pm

wtferrell wrote:Can you replace 3d hair if the player has it already within their png? So on the above Lonzo example, if you add a hair, and want to replace it later, what would I need to do?

Just delete the files related to the current hair mentioned above and drag in the set of files for the new hair.
trevorjpt33

Postby Starboy on Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:06 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
Starboy wrote:How? I tried giving Lonzo hair but it won't show up in game? Thanks in advance TG and others

I would recommend that you don't use the tool because doing it the regular way saves you a step at the end. Take the hair SCNE file, model file, and the hair_color / hair_tangent files and drag them into Lonzo's png.iff archive. After that go into his appearance_info.RDAT file and at the bottom where it says "has hair" it needs to say "true" and where it says "hair_in_separate_iff" it needs to say "false"

I did what you said, but the game crashes every time I try to view it on edit player.

Got it to work, but now the hair texture isn't the same as the actual hair even though I dragged the hair color files into Zo's files
Starboy

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am

i thought i could resize this in blender, but i'm getting the same result.

zondac12

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:20 pm

Starboy wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

I did what you said, but the game crashes every time I try to view it on edit player.

Got it to work, but now the hair texture isn't the same as the actual hair even though I dragged the hair color files into Zo's files

It could be the UV map that got messed up. If you wanna send your files over to me, I can take a look.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:23 pm

zondac12 wrote:i thought i could resize this in blender, but i'm getting the same result.

[ Image ]

As in you're making noticeable changes in Blender, exporting successfully, and seeing no changes in the exported file?
trevorjpt33

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:28 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
zondac12 wrote:i thought i could resize this in blender, but i'm getting the same result.

[ Image ]

As in you're making noticeable changes in Blender, exporting successfully, and seeing no changes in the exported file?

how do i clean up the hole in the headband?
zondac12

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:31 pm

zondac12 wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:

[ Image ]

how do i clean up the hole in the headband?

To me it looks like the headband is clipping and needs to be re-positioned and/or re-scaled in Blender. I don't think it's that the headband has a hole in it.
trevorjpt33

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:49 pm

how do i re-positioned, re-scaled? i thought i could shrink the head size but i'm getting the same results.
zondac12

Re: trevorjpt33's Mods ~ Auto-shrinkwrap Tool | 3D Accessory Tool | Ninja Headband |

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:11 pm

-import the model into Blender
-enter Edit Mode
-at the bottom of the Vertex Groups panel there should be 4 groups that start with "headtie_"
-select one or all of those and then hit 'S' to scale the headband or hit 'G' to move it
-go back to Object Mode and export the model
trevorjpt33

Postby zondac12 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 pm

trev, ty again

:mrgreen:
zondac12

Postby RKJ2k on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:01 pm

do we already have glasses add on?
RKJ2k

Postby robinchow on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:48 pm

zondac12 wrote:trev, ty again

[ Image ]

As far as I find, you could re-size or re-position the single hairband model first by loading original hihead file and individual hairband SCNE file both in blender and use the edit mode to modify it. After finished, you should save the hairband model and use this new model file in the tool so it can be perfectly matched. After you added the hairband to the player model, I don't think you can further adjust it.

Trevor, am I correct or there is an easier way I don't know?
robinchow

Postby trevorjpt33 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:00 am

robinchow wrote:
zondac12 wrote:trev, ty again

[ Image ]

As far as I find, you could re-size or re-position the single hairband model first by loading original hihead file and individual hairband SCNE file both in blender and use the edit mode to modify it. After finished, you should save the hairband model and use this new model file in the tool so it can be perfectly matched. After you added the hairband to the player model, I don't think you can further adjust it.

Trevor, am I correct or there is an easier way I don't know?

Yes you are correct in that the most flexibility you have to make edits is with the two individual files. However, you can still adjust it further once you've added the hairband to the player model.
trevorjpt33

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:01 am

Hi, i've been using your autowrap tool for some time and it was working great, until today i tried a routine bodytype transfer and it messed up the player, causing a strange visual bug with some black lines and stuff. So i reinstalled your program and now this happens. Any idea what's wrong?
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:06 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:Hi, i've been using your autowrap tool for some time and it was working great, until today i tried a routine bodytype transfer and it messed up the player, causing a strange visual bug with some black lines and stuff. So i reinstalled your program and now this happens. Any idea what's wrong?
[ Image ]

Have you been using it for just 2K19 or 2K20 as well?
trevorjpt33

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:30 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
PettyPaulPierce wrote:Hi, i've been using your autowrap tool for some time and it was working great, until today i tried a routine bodytype transfer and it messed up the player, causing a strange visual bug with some black lines and stuff. So i reinstalled your program and now this happens. Any idea what's wrong?
[ Image ]

Just 2k19
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:15 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:
[ Image ]

update: got it back to working again :D
PettyPaulPierce

Postby robinchow on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:24 am

Damn, I think I just find a REALLY useful application for your Auto-shrinkwrap tool (I don't know if someone else figured it out before). We know 2K always have big head problem, not that bad in 2K19 but almost every player has it in 2K18. With your tool, I can just scale down the entire player in blender easily and replace his shrunk head onto his original body, not necessary to shrink every part of the head model in blender, and never run into problems like "exploded eyes".

Again thanks for this great tool and also your efforts to make it user-friendly to mod starters like me.
robinchow

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:38 pm

does this work 2K20 also?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:54 am

robinchow wrote:Damn, I think I just find a REALLY useful application for your Auto-shrinkwrap tool (I don't know if someone else figured it out before). We know 2K always have big head problem, not that bad in 2K19 but almost every player has it in 2K18. With your tool, I can just scale down the entire player in blender easily and replace his shrunk head onto his original body, not necessary to shrink every part of the head model in blender, and never run into problems like "exploded eyes".

Again thanks for this great tool and also your efforts to make it user-friendly to mod starters like me.

That's awesome! I've never thought of using it like that but I am happy to see that you have found an additional use for it.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:56 am

TGsoGood wrote:does this work 2K20 also?

Nope but thanks for reminding me I've been meaning to update for 2K20.

Just updated it and released it here: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108027#p1980953
trevorjpt33

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding