Ninja headband

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Ninja headband

Postby zetsuboushta on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am

I've seen global or smth with it somewhere. Does anyone know how can we get it?
zetsuboushta

Re: Ninja headband

Postby trevorjpt33 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 am

zetsuboushta wrote:I've seen global or smth with it somewhere. Does anyone know how can we get it?

I am looking for the same thing. I've been trying to get ahold of the durags from MyCareer to try and achieve that look. Those are in the SYNC.bin. But if there are actual ninja headbands that would be amazing.
trevorjpt33

Postby zetsuboushta on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:02 pm

https://bbs.eyeuc.com/t/78843
Here is that author, but probably he won't share it.
zetsuboushta

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 am

I took a look and saw the ninja headband in several of his mods and across the site. So there is clearly a way to accurately portray the look. I have no idea if they are manipulating the traditional headbands or if they found some 3D accessory to use but it is possible.

I haven't found any mods including the look that are available to download.
trevorjpt33

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:I took a look and saw the ninja headband in several of his mods and across the site. So there is clearly a way to accurately portray the look. I have no idea if they are manipulating the traditional headbands or if they found some 3D accessory to use but it is possible.

I haven't found any mods including the look that are available to download.

Yeah it’s just imported into blender and taking only two points and pulling them out and down. If you look closely, the texture is a traditional headband texture. I tried it this morning and could recreate the look fairly easily. Only problem is that it looks odd for a sweatband texture to be pulled like that. Needs to be more cloth-like.
bluejaybrandon

Postby ksmiz on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:13 am

it is likely just a mod of the model within blender like bluejaybrandon said

even though there is a headband that is in the game globally there are still certain players that it doesn't apply to and doesn't look right on because of how specific they made each individual

I would think with 2K's budget they could figure this out but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them to make everyone have the ability to wear a headband/facemask/goggles/whatever

I don't have much experience with player mods so someone correct me if I am wrong but within blender you will actually have a headband shown on the player and then each time you mod a player you would be able to mod their headband in a different way

Idk if the headband is on them or off to the side floating but I think the same applies to when they wear goggles and facemasks etc like Amar'e with goggles/glasses is a different face than Amar'e without goggles/glasses

You can see this in the styles of headbands used on different players being different like Holiday and Butler are longer in the back than the Embiid one and Harrell has like a thicker fold to his

The problem would be that the global textures would try to be applied to this and those are styled to work on what a headband normally looks like so when you go stretching the sides or something like that inside a player model then the global texture look gets applied and distorted

Props to whoever did those mods and made them look good

Probably took a bit of trial and error to get the look they got
ksmiz

Postby trevorjpt33 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Oh yeah I guess I was just overthinking it. I will give that a try in Blender and see what it looks like - that sounds a lot easier.

Yeah all the players show up with a headband on in Blender but it is hidden in-game unless the headband setting is turned on. So there is the ability to custom fit the headband for each mod. So we'll just have to see if there is something we can do to compensate for the distortion.
trevorjpt33

Postby trevorjpt33 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 am

Thanks to help from ksmiz, I finally found the 3D files for the durags from MyCareer. As I was suspecting, the durag seems to provide a better base for the ninja headband look than the traditional headband. And that is almost entirely because the durag is already tied in the back and we wouldn't have to try and imitate that with the traditional headband, nor would texture distortion be an issue.

I collapsed the back and top parts of the durag to make it resemble a headband but with the back of the headband tied. This is original durag:

And this is after making the edits:
trevorjpt33

Postby cocota on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:38 am

trevorjpt33 wrote:Thanks to help from ksmiz, I finally found the 3D files for the durags from MyCareer. As I was suspecting, the durag seems to provide a better base for the ninja headband look than the traditional headband. And that is almost entirely because the durag is already tied in the back and we wouldn't have to try and imitate that with the traditional headband, nor would texture distortion be an issue.

I collapsed the back and top parts of the durag to make it resemble a headband but with the back of the headband tied. This is original durag:
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Can you share the file mod? It looks nice. Thanks
cocota

Postby trevorjpt33 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:35 am

cocota wrote:
trevorjpt33 wrote:Thanks to help from ksmiz, I finally found the 3D files for the durags from MyCareer. As I was suspecting, the durag seems to provide a better base for the ninja headband look than the traditional headband. And that is almost entirely because the durag is already tied in the back and we wouldn't have to try and imitate that with the traditional headband, nor would texture distortion be an issue.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Yep I will be including it with the new 3D accessory tool in my modding tools thread: Subject: trevorjpt33's modding tools for 2K19
trevorjpt33

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:13 pm

more great work from great minds coming together
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby miky654 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:29 pm

trevorjpt33 wrote:
cocota wrote:

[ Image ]

[ image]

Yep I will be including it with the new 3D accessory tool in my modding tools thread: Subject: trevorjpt33's modding tools for 2K19

Bro this 3D durag project is insane , keep it up (Y) (Y)
miky654

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding