Roster Editing [CE]

Modding tutorials and other resources for NBA 2K19.

Roster Editing [CE]

Postby ksmiz on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 am

New year, new tables.

This is a continuation of the 2K18 tables thread by CarolusXCI - Link
Thanks a lot to CarolusXCI and everyone else in that thread who contributed.

Update 12/13/18

Nuked the first post because people aren't willing to read through the thread

Update 5/3/19
Roster editing of jerseys and accessory colors plus many other things are overwritten in versions of the "NBA2K19.exe" file that are above 1.06
So no support is provided by me for figuring out what to do about anything if you are using v1.07 or v1.08 of the exe sorry

Therefore my most recent tables are built using v1.06 of the "NBA2K19.exe" file
My newest tables are loaded as attachments to posts that is just how I do it, the one in the downloads section is old, so read latest posts to keep up on any new info

NEWER
Link to TEAM Table(Apr23): viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=525#p1969872
Link to STADIUM Table(Apr24): viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=525#p1969963
OLDER
Link to post and table about changing "Portrait Team" value: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=475#p1963472
Link to a table about NAMEDATA: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=450#p1960791
Link to a table about changing Head Coaches Faces: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=450#p1962945
Link to a table dealing with copying over new Shoes to older rosters: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=375#p1958227
Link to a post talking about copying over jersey data (was showing how to copy city jersey into older roster): viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=375#p1958388
Link to older post explaining how accessories and their colors work: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=100#p1949924
Link to post explaining how I set up my table with a ton of categories I haven't made full tables for : viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=400#p1958990

THIS POST SHOWS HOW TO FIND POINTERS AND SPECIFICALLY THE EXAMPLE OF EDIT PLAYER TABLE: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106237&start=50#p1948725
Last edited by ksmiz on Sat May 04, 2019 7:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K19 Modding by Andrew on Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:38 pm.
ksmiz

Re: Roster Editing [CE]

Postby ksmiz on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:55 am

I think we can successfully make full copies of teams with these addresses. It will be easier to clone players for sure and many other things.

The player addresses I placed under the staff address seem to have to do with minutes and rotation stuff.
The other player addresses can change if the person isn't in the game but you pasted an address anyway.

I copied all the player addresses (specifically the bytes) from the 12-13 heat and was able to paste them over the areas for the St. Louis Sound. I locked these addresses in by clicking the box then saved real quick and it worked when I reopened the roster back up, all the players were copied over. I did the same thing with the jersey addresses and it worked too.
ksmiz

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:57 am

ksmiz wrote:I think we can successfully make full copies of teams with these addresses. It will be easier to clone players for sure and many other things.

The player addresses I placed under the staff address seem to have to do with minutes and rotation stuff.
The other player addresses can change if the person isn't in the game but you pasted an address anyway.

I copied all the player addresses (specifically the bytes) from the 12-13 heat and was able to paste them over the areas for the St. Louis Sound. I locked these addresses in by clicking the box then saved real quick and it worked when I reopened the roster back up, all the players were copied over. I did the same thing with the jersey addresses and it worked too.

Wow, so wait.

It's possible for us to clone teams (creating new slots), as to not overwrite any of the teams in the default roster?

If this is possible, I might throw a damn party. My life would be so much easier.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ksmiz on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:53 am

I don't know about that. What I mean is I overwrote an extra team (st. louis sound) but I basically cloned another team(classic heat) overtop of that team.

Not like cloned budding where 1->2 but like cloned insert dna where the basic structure was there but now has identical everything.

That was just a quick example to see what I could do with the addresses. You can make a team of players by just pasting their addresses in and it will direct to them and ends up cloning extra player copies when you save I guess.

So I didn't try pasting a whole data block over a blank space and making something out of nothing yet. I don't think it will be that easy but overwriting any team as well as the extra teams with no players yet I think it will be way easier now.
ksmiz

Postby maumau78 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:57 pm

ksmiz wrote:I don't know about that. What I mean is I overwrote an extra team (st. louis sound) but I basically cloned another team(classic heat) overtop of that team.

Not like cloned budding where 1->2 but like cloned insert dna where the basic structure was there but now has identical everything.

That was just a quick example to see what I could do with the addresses. You can make a team of players by just pasting their addresses in and it will direct to them and ends up cloning extra player copies when you save I guess.

So I didn't try pasting a whole data block over a blank space and making something out of nothing yet. I don't think it will be that easy but overwriting any team as well as the extra teams with no players yet I think it will be way easier now.

Any idea on why I'm getting this message?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby SexCurryBeats on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:33 pm

maumau78 wrote:
ksmiz wrote:I don't know about that. What I mean is I overwrote an extra team (st. louis sound) but I basically cloned another team(classic heat) overtop of that team.

[ Image ]

Any idea on why I'm getting this message?

same here
SexCurryBeats
Contributor

Postby R4zoR on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you for this
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:44 am

I think you can bypass the errors by just click on the X button

Edit: nevermind, the AOB scan doesn't work if you get the error. I tried it about 6 times now
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby pjt8413 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:16 am

Same here.
pjt8413

Postby R4zoR on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 am

Yea i can't get the AOB scan to work either, it just never expands after clicking on the tick mark.
R4zoR has been modding video games for 10 years now, if you want to help me out in the process financially. You can do so by clicking on this link https://www.paypal.me/modderr4zor I will be more than grateful, for the support.
R4zoR
10 years of modding
Contributor

Postby Suns_Of_Thunder on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 am

Also not able to get that to work.
Suns_Of_Thunder

Postby Shuajota on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:53 am

Thanks for this mate, but it doesn´t work. I can´t open it...
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:23 pm

So in that case, could I clone the 03-04 Lakers over the 05-06 Grizzlies? And after I could rename them to the 09-10 Lakers and change the players and artwork?

Reason I'm asking is: it would make things a lot easier for me, because the accessory colors would be the Lakers, and it would have the Lakers audio ID etc.

Or, I've seen "unlocking teams" mentioned. Can teams be unlocked in the roster, and than another classic team be cloned over them as a base? That way I don't have to overwrite any default classic teams.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ksmiz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Edit/Update: Still working on fixing it.

My b!

I still don't know what I'm really doing with these cheat engine scripts.
I found some question in the cheat engine forums and I copied over the beginning portion of what it had into the script I tried to make in my table. Somehow it worked!
I tried it in Cheat Engine 6.8.1 and it worked. Maybe I had some plugins or addons with 6.7 I don't know why it worked there but wouldn't work for others.
No guarantees this will work for others but here try this new one out and let me know

Also I added some stuff over from the edit player table by TGsoGood

Last edited by ksmiz on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
So in that case, could I clone the 03-04 Lakers over the 05-06 Grizzlies? And after I could rename them to the 09-10 Lakers and change the players and artwork?

Reason I'm asking is: it would make things a lot easier for me, because the accessory colors would be the Lakers, and it would have the Lakers audio ID etc.

Or, I've seen "unlocking teams" mentioned. Can teams be unlocked in the roster, and than another classic team be cloned over them as a base? That way I don't have to overwrite any default classic teams.

Yeah that's exactly what you can do!

That is if I can fix it so it works for everyone...

For unlocking teams, what you want to do is look for team type and change it to 4:Historic (Classic?) then you can add a year, team colors, etc

Then you can copy over jerseys

Copy over players. On this there like 3 different areas where I found players at so make sure you look at all sub menus. They player addresses under "staff address" I think are rotations so you can copy rotations over but if you didn't copy the players on the other section it will eventually revert back to no players on the team.

You can copy the arena address and they will use the same arena etc let me know if you figure out more stuff

I still can't find a missing audio ID.

I played with that heat team and it kept calling me Fresno but then later in the game it would say the heat
Last edited by ksmiz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksmiz

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm

ksmiz wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Yeah that's exactly what you can do!

That is if I can fix it so it works for everyone...

For unlocking teams, what you want to do is look for team type and change it to 4:Historic (Classic?) then you can add a year, team colors, etc
[ Image ]

Then you can copy over jerseys
[ Image ]

Copy over players. On this there like 3 different areas where I found players at so make sure you look at all sub menus. They player addresses under "staff address" I think are rotations so you can copy rotations over but if you didn't copy the players on the other section it will eventually revert back to no players on the team.
https://i.imgur.com/HdhzUNW.png

You can copy the arena address and they will use the same arena etc let me know if you figure out more stuff

I still can't find a missing audio ID.

I played with that heat team and it kept calling me Fresno but then later in the game it would say the heat

So just to clarify (sorry about all these questions).

So we could "unlock" NEW spaces for teams (by unlocking teams, say... college teams or something) and after clone a team OVER that unlocked team, so we won't have to overwrite any regular or classic teams in the roster?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby ksmiz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Like these potential spots to overwrite if I am looking at this right. I haven't tried every option.
The extra random expansion teams, the g league teams, the gaming teams, etc just turn them all into current or classic teams and you will see them in the game now with the ability to add players to them
Maybe 50-75 spots without touching Current, Classic, or All-Time teams
I don't know if it breaks anything so maybe keep some backup roster saving periodically.
ksmiz

Postby ksmiz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm

One more try. If it doesn't work I will try again tomorrow.

The arrays that it searches for are probably way overkill so it will take a while to search and might freeze for a little but if it works, it works

If the script doesn't work and you know how to search for these strings and find the right ones then you can just match the values up so they match what the description says
-after that everything below is just based off those 3 starting points and it will all line up

Found another problem with my aobscan idea... it will only grab the first array that matches so if you open another roster up it will be stuck on the first one you loaded
So if you do it in the first roster you load in the game it might work but after that it won't catch the new ones

Going to have to rethink how to go about this and learn a lot more before it is easy to set up
Last edited by ksmiz on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksmiz

Postby maumau78 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm

ksmiz wrote:One more try. If it doesn't work I will try again tomorrow.

The arrays that it searches for are probably way overkill so it will take a while to search and might freeze for a little but if it works, it works

If the script doesn't work and you know how to search for these strings and find the right ones then you can just match the values up so they match what the description says
-after that everything below is just based off those 3 starting points and it will all line up

Found another problem with my aobscan idea... it will only grab the first array that matches so if you open another roster up it will be stuck on the first one you loaded
So if you do it in the first roster you load in the game it might work but after that it won't catch the new ones

Going to have to rethink how to go about this and learn a lot more before it is easy to set up

I try 6.6 6.7 6.8.1 It doesn't work for me....sorry

The sequence I use is:

- Load the game
- Load a roster
- Load CE
- Load the cheat script
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Shuajota on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 pm

maumau78 wrote:
ksmiz wrote:One more try. If it doesn't work I will try again tomorrow.

I try 6.6 6.7 6.8.1 It doesn't work for me....sorry

The sequence I use is:

- Load the game
- Load a roster
- Load CE
- Load the cheat script

Same here, I appreciate your work, I hope you can find the solution. Thanks mate.
Shuajota

Postby ksmiz on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:23 am

Alright so I guess aobscan is not the right idea for this job.

Here it is with pointers. It should read the value as f000 right away and when you click the box with pointer it will expand.
If it doesn't work right away you can search for the string "f000" I wasn't getting many results which is good but if for some reason that's a bad choice let me know. I think this varies with amount of rosters you load so not a clue if the pointer is going to hold up or work for anyone.
Everything will be based off of that spot in the roster. So just line it up so that the value reads f000
If it still isn't working then browse by memory and I'm sure you'll be in the ballpark to where you need to place it.

Last edited by ksmiz on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksmiz

Postby Shuajota on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 am

ksmiz could you make a video? Explaning step by step... Thanks!
I´m lost here...
Shuajota

Postby SexCurryBeats on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Shuajota wrote:ksmiz could you make a video? Explaning step by step... Thanks!
I´m lost here...
[ Image ]

Its reallllll simple, I got caught up with it too tho. What you do is double click the address next to (value=f000) then a window will pop up. Uncheck the pointer box, and type in 7FF48AB9BD84 for the address, when you click OK, everything fills in :D
Last edited by SexCurryBeats on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SexCurryBeats
Contributor

Postby SexCurryBeats on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:37 pm

phpBB [video]
SexCurryBeats
Contributor

Postby ksmiz on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:47 pm

For right now the video SexCurryBeats made will work.

Should do a pointerscan for that address though to make it reliable

Shuajota you could double click that result down to the table then copy "7FF73930BD84" to paste over top of that "P->???????" for now.
The table should fill in when you do that and then all clicking does is expands the submenus

I added some more edit player stuff - for this you'll find player addresses under their teams and when you paste those in you will see
Last edited by ksmiz on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ksmiz

Next

Return to NBA 2K19 Tutorials & FAQs