NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 am

That isn't a bug report, and therefore does not belong in this topic. Please don't post off-topic like that. I also see you've posted the same question in multiple other topics, which is spamming and also against the rules; please don't do that either. Pick one relevant topic to post it in, or start a new topic for the issue. Posting in multiple topics just makes it harder to reply to because it means the same conversation is taking place in different places, and is therefore harder to keep track of. It's also very annoying, and when you annoy people, they're less inclined to help, so posting in multiple places tends to be counter-productive anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dante24 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 am

Game mode: All modes (Video's captured in scrimmage offline)

PC windows 7 Deluxe edition

When dribbling the ball it randomly wraps from one side of the ball handle to the other.

https://youtu.be/bSy9edwVm1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSy9edwVm1s
dante24

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:31 am

That's not so much a bug as a shortcoming in the motion/animation system. It's likely not going to be fixed/improved upon until next gen, when new tech is introduced.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dante24 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Andrew wrote:That's not so much a bug as a shortcoming in the motion/animation system. It's likely not going to be fixed/improved upon until next gen, when new tech is introduced.

I don't imagine that they will fix this issue either but I wouldnt call it a shortcoming as i'm sure the dribbling wasn't intended to look like that and and as you said that would be classed as weird behaviour.

Have you seen similar issues with the animations on your side?
dante24

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:21 am

Plenty of times. Ball-warping, clipping, and animation oddities are a legacy issue that have become more pronounced with the motion system introduced in NBA 2K18. The same goes for skating and sliding.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:12 am

Yeah, the ball just transferring hands while dribbling, the ball warping and warping through players, the clipping etc, all legacy issues.

I covered the ball just transferring hands without a dribble motion being made in a video. Sometimes the ball just floats in the air while trying to grab a rebound (which was the main image used during the #fix2k20 thing that happened early on in the games cycle)
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Wangelen on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 pm

Bug description: "There was a problem getting the team design. Please try again"

Game Mode: Myleague offline

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC Steam

When trying to download equipment designs for expansions in my league, even if they are created by me, this error throws me.

help please,
best regards.
Wangelen

Postby vincemeister55 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:12 am

Bug description: Whenever I successfully challenge a call like a foul, the cutscenes switch and focus on the headcoach while the game runs real-time. I can't seemed to skip the cutscene while a jumpball for the possession is going on. Therefore, the cutscene is bug. Also, the replay review is somewhat buggy. It will load the cutscene but won't finish. And I don't know if it's a bug but I can't seem to make a shot from a jumper that swish the net. 100% of my made shots from midrange to 3pt range are rim rattled shot. The only thing I can swish a shot is on the ft line. Using Real % on shots and shot stick timing on ft.

Game Mode: Myleague offline

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PC Steam
vincemeister55

Postby NoCap on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 pm

I got a problem in mycareer to start new season after finished playoffs, the game just crashed after i skipped season awards announcement. I have also tried to move wigua folder out, it doesn't work for me.

Any ideas my friends???? Thanks in advance! :bowdown:

Platform: PC Steam
NoCap

Postby USMarineSoldier on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:15 pm

Bug description:
The Home team Assistant Coach is a generic cyberface. Away team assistance coach is the correct cyberface

Platform:
PC

Game Mode:
Play Now
USMarineSoldier

Postby smokex on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:51 pm

1. If you edit playbook in team practice in MyCareer, it will edit the default 76ers playbook.
2. If you start an NBA game from MyCareer, it will use the default 76ers playbook during the game.

Platform: PC/Steam
Game Mode: MyCareer

Workaround: Start the game from the neighborhood.
smokex

Postby DaPrazident5B on Tue May 05, 2020 10:45 pm

Hello,

I had search on many websites and I saw as many solutions to fix my problem, I've tried all of them but couldn't fix it. So maybe someone could help here.
I have nba2k20 on my laptop (Intel core i5, 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 1050 gtx). It used to run normally, since last November.
I used many mods, without any problem.
But for about a week. When I launch 2k,it crashes to desktop 49 times out of 50, not even seeing Davis face.
I re-installed 2k,i checked files integrity, I checked my graphics driver, I updated windows 10. I launched it via steam, via my shortcut, via Nvidia panel, but same same...
I'm out of hope... If somebody has an idea...

Thanks by advance.
DaPrazident5B

Postby ebok24 on Thu May 07, 2020 4:10 am

Hi.

My game is crashing everytime I'm in offseason during qualifying offers stage, I tried to advance to next season but still my game crashes. Any work-around?

Thanks!
ebok24

Postby smokex on Wed May 13, 2020 5:18 am

Platform:PC - XBox - Playstation 4

What is the bug?: Game stuck when offering a new staff member a contract

What mode did you experience the glitch/bug in?: MyGM

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?:

Started a MyGM, fired a staff member, gave 4 different offers to the prospective staff member, all lower than what he wanted. When I raised the amount to his preferred amount, MyGM said 'We can make that work." then the next dialog box was blank and MyGM was still running his mouth like he was talking. You could not go forward or get out of the conversation. I exited the game, went back and loaded the MyGM and the same issue happened when it automatically spoke to the prospective staff member.

The fix was to offer the prospective staff member 1000 more than the asking price. This bypasses the broken dialogue sequence by using a different one where they're surprised you offered more.

How often has the bug been reproduced?: Hundreds of times.

Do you have video or a picture?
• No but it's common and now people will know how to get past it. You're welcome and welcome to NLSC, the best source of NBA 2K knowledge on the internet.
smokex

Postby bongo88 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:59 pm

howdy,

i've only played a handful of games... like 10... havent had the time....anyways, could somebody who has played 2k20 test this out

set the user slider "free throw difficulty" to 0... i think it makes the cpu shoot 100% from the free throw.

anyways, when testing scoreboards, i usually put it on 0 to make free throws and check random numbers in the scoreboard...

anyways, if a few of you could fire up a game against a team that cpu team that you have played before ... and see if there free throw ends up with 100% ... not sure if it's a bug or i just have some corrupted archives.

thanks

bongo88

Postby ebok24 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:16 am

Hi.

Anyone knows what is causing the bug in the halftime stats? Wherein the player's point total is the same as the player's assist total?

Thanks.
ebok24

Postby dante24 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 am

Platform: PC/Steam
Game Mode: All

Very late release shots still go in at a high rate

Sliders used in video are on superstar. I've tried it on all the sliders including some custom ones but the majority of very late releases

Stanley Johnson 71 3pt rating
phpBB [video]

Myleague jaylen brown 83 3pt rating
phpBB [video]
dante24

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Yep, that's an exploit in the shooting mechanics this year. Strange that it didn't get patched.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dante24 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:39 am

Andrew wrote:Yep, that's an exploit in the shooting mechanics this year. Strange that it didn't get patched.

I haven't played online yet (probably won't) but I can imagine this must be ruining the game if you can just hold the release and have a better chance of the ball going in
dante24

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:13 am

I don't see many people exploiting it online, probably because it's easier to get blocked doing that. Still an oversight, of course.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby lacky21 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:57 am

Menu Boxes are blocking the team designs. I'm trying to check out the pre-made and user-uploaded team designs. When i click on either of those two boxes, the three boxes that let you choose if you want to design your own, choose a pre-made desing, or check out the user uploaded designs turn black and stay on the screen, blocking you from seeing the actual designs.

Anyone ever encounter this issue or have a fix?

Looks like this: Image
lacky21

Postby flsh on Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:28 am

Hi, I'm going crazy with 2k support trying to solve this. Anyone had similar issues?

Platform: PC-Steam

What is the bug?: Can't save anything anymore.

What mode did you experience the glitch/bug in?: initially MyLeague, but everywhere from MyCareer to saving rosters and draft classes

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? Whenever I go to save/save as the basketball animation bottom right starts spinning and then weirdly abrupts. Originally I could overwrite my old files but not create new ones. Eventually all my save files completely disappeared so the game is completely unplayable. Tried using VC in MyCareer, they withdrew it from my account and then my save disappeared.

I tried reinstalling, deleting all files and starting again, sfc/scannow as 2k suggested but it keeps on happening.

Disk space is fine. Tried moving Steam install to another drive but its the same thing. Disabled sync from Steam cloud, still the same thing.
flsh

Postby duffman616 on Sun May 30, 2021 12:24 am

flsh wrote:Hi, I'm going crazy with 2k support trying to solve this. Anyone had similar issues?

Platform: PC-Steam

What is the bug?: Can't save anything anymore.

What mode did you experience the glitch/bug in?: initially MyLeague, but everywhere from MyCareer to saving rosters and draft classes

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? Whenever I go to save/save as the basketball animation bottom right starts spinning and then weirdly abrupts. Originally I could overwrite my old files but not create new ones. Eventually all my save files completely disappeared so the game is completely unplayable. Tried using VC in MyCareer, they withdrew it from my account and then my save disappeared.

I tried reinstalling, deleting all files and starting again, sfc/scannow as 2k suggested but it keeps on happening.

Disk space is fine. Tried moving Steam install to another drive but its the same thing. Disabled sync from Steam cloud, still the same thing.

This is also happening to me
duffman616

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20