NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:08 pm

NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

This is our official bug report topic for NBA 2K20. Please keep all posts constructive, civil, and on-topic. Please also use the following template when posting issues, so as to provide clear and concise information about the problem you're having:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):[/b]

Please make sure that you include any relevant details such as error messages, what you were doing when the bug occurred in case there are specific steps or scenarios to recreating it, and so on.

Also, a few things to keep in mind...

What IS a bug

A mode or feature that isn't working as intended. This includes issues such as game crashes, data not saving (or being suddenly erased), non-functioning menus, weird behaviour and glitches during gameplay, and the like.

What ISN'T a bug

Anything that's working as intended, but you simply don't like or agree with. This includes player ratings that you disagree with, a feature you don't care for, an outdated face/hairstyle, and so forth. That's all valid feedback, but they aren't bugs, so they don't belong in this topic. Feel free to post them in other topics discussing feedback about NBA 2K20.

No Mod-Related Bug Reports

This is for bugs that are related to the game itself, not any community-made mods. If you need help with a mod, ask the person who made it. If you're experiencing crashes or glitches after installing mods, then troubleshoot the mod itself. Don't report it as a bug here.

No Help with Pirated Copies

We don't supported pirated games here, and if you're having problems with a pirated game...well, you get what you paid for. If you ask for help with a pirated copy, or post a bug report that reveals you pirated the game, it's grounds for an immediate ban. That rule's been in effect for well over a decade here at the NLSC, so don't say you weren't forewarned.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Bug description:
game runs fine but half time replay is capped at 30 FPS

Platform:
PC

Game Mode:
Play Now

Any additional information (steps to reproduce, etc):
Vsync Off, frame rate at 144Hz, 1440p
End of the game replay is OK
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby tobay2k on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:45 pm

The loading time it takes to change jerseys / accessoires in the new menu for it.
I'm not sure to call it a bug but it's bugging me big time... Loading times in player editor opening faces are also very long compared to 2K19 and older games. Game is installed on SSD btw

Edit: The loading times get better by changing Fullscreen to Borderless windowed for strange reason. This is sad because Borderless runs worse ~10 fps.
Last edited by tobay2k on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
tobay2k

Postby tobay2k on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Ninja Headband on the player only showing ingame, not in the player editor (for example Jrue Holiday)
tobay2k

Bug report - Create a play

Postby gp2k25 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:14 am

Created some players last night. this morning went back into the game and my players were gone??
gp2k25

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:51 am

Thanks to sticky-fingers for creating the topic. I've gone ahead and stickied it, while stealing the first post. ;)

Just a heads up, I've simplified the template this year:

The old one just lead to doubling up between the description and further information fields. As always, please try to include as much information as possible including error messages, and anything special/unique about what you were doing at the time that might help the developers to re-create, pinpoint, and troubleshoot the bug. You can include that all under the "Bug description" field now.

I've also added a note about mods. This topic is for bugs related to the game as provided by NBA 2K. If you start having issues after installing mods, then you need to troubleshoot the mods you're using, and that has nothing to do with bugs in the product that NBA 2K provided.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby iuguernsey on Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:12 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Bug description:

Platform:
PC

Game Mode:
Play Now

Same problem, running T 1080P
iuguernsey

Postby bobkat711 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:13 am

No instant replay

Any mode

Pc steam
bobkat711

Postby bobkat711 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:55 am

Screenshot cant access replay in any mode
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobkat711

Postby Lyncaz on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Bug description:
Can't see and use custom logos/team desingns/My player face scan

Game Mode:
MyCareer, MyLeague

Platform: PC (steam)

Lyncaz

Postby Stildo33 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:36 am

Bug description:
Wrong animations for dunking

Game Mode:
myleauge, playnow, etc.

I have multiple instances (usually 5-8 times a game) where a player will drive to basket with WIDE OPEN lane with at LEAST enough room to do finish strong at the rim via layup/dunk. Instead, the player (regardless of direction pushed on right stick) will do a 2-foot jump stop gather and try and do a layup. EVERY TIME this leads to the player getting his shot blocked. Every freaking time. It's doing a move you do in traffic with multiple defenders.
Stildo33

Postby tobay2k on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:35 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Bug description:

Platform:
PC

Game Mode:
Play Now

And has tearing despite Vsync enabled, WNBA halftime report works fine with 60 fps strangely
tobay2k

Create a player bug

Postby gp2k25 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Bug description:
Unable to adjust body length

Game Mode:
Features / Create a Player

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):
PC
gp2k25

Postby markyeoj on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Bug description:
Game is always crashing after every game and drills. also in park games, I'm always being disconnected right after the game starts.

Mode:
MyCareer / Park

Platform:
PC (Steam)

Specs:
RTX 2060 6GB
Intel i7 8750
16 GB RAM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markyeoj

CAP Body length issue

Postby gp2k25 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:51 am

Bug description:
In CAP Body length does not work

Game Mode:
CAP

PC
gp2k25

Postby Dwell On on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 am

Bug description:team chemistry don't increase

Game Mode:MyLeague

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One):PC
Dwell On

Postby bee12 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Bug description: FPS and texture quality dropped dramatically

Game Mode: ALL

Platform : STEAM PC

Could run the game comfortable at 144fps until this afternoon. FPS dropped to low 80s only to 90s.
Changed all of the video setting but nothing changes and the models of players and crowd look very off.
bee12

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 am

Stildo33 wrote:Bug description:
Wrong animations for dunking

Game Mode:
myleauge, playnow, etc.

I have multiple instances (usually 5-8 times a game) where a player will drive to basket with WIDE OPEN lane with at LEAST enough room to do finish strong at the rim via layup/dunk. Instead, the player (regardless of direction pushed on right stick) will do a 2-foot jump stop gather and try and do a layup. EVERY TIME this leads to the player getting his shot blocked. Every freaking time. It's doing a move you do in traffic with multiple defenders.

2k had this fixed until the game patched just now......SERIOUSLY!!!! This iS GAME-BREAKING!!!

phpBB [video]
Stildo33

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 am

Are you holding stick to left/right for hand selection dunk? You need to hold it right-up or left-up.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby dante24 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:20 am

Bug description:
1.Unable to play any play now game mode (2KU, quick play etc) game instantly crashes.
2. CPU Centers and PF are bringing the ball up court as if there the PG

Game Mode:
Play now, Myleague

PC
dante24

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:06 pm

I think the second issue is by design since we're seeing more of that happening in today's NBA.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dante24 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:00 am

Andrew wrote:I think the second issue is by design since we're seeing more of that happening in today's NBA.

I only used to see this happening with players who had initiate plays on yes. Now brook lopez is bringing the ball up which is just wrong lol
dante24

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Yeah, that definitely shouldn't be.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RoshaAE on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 am

Bug description: Wrong call of OFF 3 Seconds violation, the offense just changed and i got called on off 3 seconds violation.

Game Mode: Playground

Platform (PlayStation 4/Xbox One): PlayStation 4

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh0-QYCc8Xs
RoshaAE

Postby NoCap on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:46 am

Andrew wrote:NBA 2K20 Bug Reports

This is our official bug report topic for NBA 2K20. Please keep all posts constructive, civil, and on-topic. Please also use the following template when posting issues, so as to provide clear and concise information about the problem you're having:

Please make sure that you include any relevant details such as error messages, what you were doing when the bug occurred in case there are specific steps or scenarios to recreating it, and so on.

Also, a few things to keep in mind...

What IS a bug

A mode or feature that isn't working as intended. This includes issues such as game crashes, data not saving (or being suddenly erased), non-functioning menus, weird behaviour and glitches during gameplay, and the like.

What ISN'T a bug

Anything that's working as intended, but you simply don't like or agree with. This includes player ratings that you disagree with, a feature you don't care for, an outdated face/hairstyle, and so forth. That's all valid feedback, but they aren't bugs, so they don't belong in this topic. Feel free to post them in other topics discussing feedback about NBA 2K20.

No Mod-Related Bug Reports

This is for bugs that are related to the game itself, not any community-made mods. If you need help with a mod, ask the person who made it. If you're experiencing crashes or glitches after installing mods, then troubleshoot the mod itself. Don't report it as a bug here.

No Help with Pirated Copies

We don't supported pirated games here, and if you're having problems with a pirated game...well, you get what you paid for. If you ask for help with a pirated copy, or post a bug report that reveals you pirated the game, it's grounds for an immediate ban. That rule's been in effect for well over a decade here at the NLSC, so don't say you weren't forewarned.

Hey bro, I have one question.
I changed mycareer cyberface to "0", default it should be "1", so i cant play mycareer loading stuck at 61 and then i got error code "e434de73"
any idea how to solve this?? thanks in advance :bowdown:
NoCap

Next

Return to NBA 2K20