Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.14)

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.14)

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Here is the official information, feedback, and discussion thread for the official NBA 2K20 patches. The latest patch for NBA 2K20 is Patch 1.14.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.14

Release Dates

PC: TBA, 2020
PlayStation 4: July 19th, 2020
Xbox One: July 19th, 2020

Unofficial Patch Notes

• Fixed an exploit with Events in The Neighborhood

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.13

Release Dates

PC: May 21st, 2020
PlayStation 4: May 19th, 2020
Xbox One: May 19th, 2020

Unofficial Patch Notes

• Fixed an exploit with MyTEAM Unlimited

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.12

Release Dates

PC: April 20th, 2020
PlayStation 4: April 20th, 2020
Xbox One: April 20th, 2020

Unofficial Patch Notes

• Fixed audio bug during free throws, introduced by Patch 1.11.
  • Patched an exploit in MyTEAM Challenges
  • Updated soundtrack

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.11

Release Dates

PC: April 7th, 2020
PlayStation 4: April 6th, 2020
Xbox One: April 6th, 2020

Patch Notes

• Fixed a case where select MyPLAYERs were unable to alley-oops dunk even though they met the rating requirement.
  • Addressed an issue in MyTEAM that was restricting the desired accessory colors from appearing in-game for created/customized assets.
  • Addressed an issue in MyTEAM where the ball would drop unnecessarily slow for some users when utilizing the ball drop mechanic.
  • Addressed a rare issue in MyTEAM where users reported their Collector Level would reset to 0 after performing a bulk sales of cards.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.10

Release Dates

PC: January 23rd, 2020
PlayStation 4: January 22nd, 2020
Xbox One: January 22nd, 2020

Patch Notes

• The following players have received Hair updates to reflect their latest real-life look: D’Angelo Russell, Austin Rivers, Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington, Jrue Holiday, Kelly Oubre Jr., Myles Turner, Marquese Chriss, Devonte Graham, Jordan Poole, Cody Martin, Terance Mann, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
  • The Duo overlay will now properly show badge upgrades in MyTEAM.
  • Button latency has been reduced when playing Pro-Am games, resulting in a more familiar user experience.
  • Addressed reported concerns where users could walk onto the court in specific Neighborhood games.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.09

Release Dates

PC: December 17th, 2019
PlayStation 4: December 12th, 2019
Xbox One: December 12th, 2019

Patch Notes

• Addressed an issue where specific animations were getting unequipped upon entering the Neighborhood.
  • Hot Zones are now properly reflected in both The Rec and Neighborhood games.
  • The appearance of the ‘ninja-style’ headbands seen on many players has been updated to reflect their new look for the 2019-20 NBA season.
  • The proper amount of boosts are now consumed upon completion of a MyPLAYER Nation game.
  • MyTEAM users can once again quickly sub in their bench lineups in one action.
  • When two players form a Duo in MyTEAM, their badge upgrades are now visible on the player card when viewed in the Lineups menu outside of gameplay.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.08

Release Dates

PC: November 13th, 2019
PlayStation 4: November 12th, 2019
Xbox One: November 12th, 2019

Patch Notes

• Improved performance for PS4 Pro users.
  • Improvements to the MyPLAYER Nation feature in MyCAREER. Help lead your team to the title!
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent users from joining their friends in the Neighborhood, and/or would sometimes load the invited friend into the wrong location.
  • Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20!

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.07

Release Dates

PC: October 21st, 2019 (257 MB)
PlayStation 4: October 21st, 2019 (18.5 GB)
Xbox One: October 21st, 2019 (37.35 GB)

Patch Notes

• To celebrate the start of the NBA season, we are preparing to launch our brand new ‘MyPLAYER Nation’ feature! Once the season has officially tipped off, head into MyCAREER to learn more about MyPLAYER Nation and how you can earn 2x VC, 2x MyPOINTS, AND 2x Badge Points while representing your team!
  • Season 3 is here! NBA 2K League Qualifying begins 10/22 and runs through 11/10. More info: https://2kleague.nba.com/news/2019-qualifier/
  • Addressed an issue where your controller settings would reset to your previous default when making changes and changing Neighborhoods (e.g. joining a friend elsewhere).

Some additional information has been sourced and added here in our Wiki. Thanks to Derfla76 for the assist!

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.06

Release Dates

PC: October 16th, 2019 (257.5 MB)
PlayStation 4: October 10th, 2019 (14.6 GB)
Xbox One: October 10th, 2019 (23.44 GB)

Patch Notes

• Fixes incorrect MyPLAYERs loading when joining friends in The Neighborhood
  • Fixes users getting disconnected during timeouts in some online game modes
  • Fixes hanging when dismissing the phone in The Neighborhood
  • Many more fixes

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.05

Release Dates

PC: September 30th, 2019 (626.8 MB)
PlayStation 4: September 30th, 2019 (20.6 GB)
Xbox One: September 30th, 2019 (35.8 GB)

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue that caused some Play Now Online, MyTEAM Unlimited, Play With Friends, and All-Star Team-up games to disconnect prior to completion.
  • Fixed an issue where some MyTEAM users were reporting their Collector Level progress was shown as being reset (visit the Collector Level menu to return to your proper level).

Additional Notes from Beluba

This information about gameplay adjustments in Patch 1.05 was Tweeted out by Gameplay Director Mike Wang, aka Beluba.

• Successful coach challenges won't use a timeout
  • Fix for baseline dunks that weren't triggering properly
  • Adjust Pro Stick window for hop step gathers so left or right performs normal dunks/layups
  • Fewer missed "full white" releases
  • Buff Pick Dodger to match Brick Wall strength
  • Fix Steve Nash sig dribble style yo-yo ball bug
  • Widen the speed gap, especially to reduce the speeds of low-rated bigs

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.04

Release Dates

PC: September 19th, 2019
PlayStation 4: September 19th, 2019
Xbox One: September 19th, 2019

Patch Notes

Fixed the game hanging when attempting to leave The Neighborhood (via exiting to the main menu, playing your next NBA game, etc) after previously viewing the Animation Store.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.03

Release Dates

PC: September 13th, 2019
PlayStation 4: September 13th, 2019
Xbox One: September 13th, 2019

Patch Notes

• Fixed a major issue that was causing the game to hang at intermittent times (e.g. when accessing the VIP Stats menu, when completing games in Domination, when playing Play Now Online games, and more).
  • Addressed a number of issues in MyCAREER to greatly improve the user experience in that mode.
  • Fixed an issue where some MyPLAYER names would disappear (may need to create a new build to correct existing saves).
  • Numerous Gameplay improvements & fixes including: support for standing stepback escapes and finishing alley-oops with Pro Stick, out of bounds awareness improvements, more reliable interior shot defense contact detection, logic fixes for certain badges, and much more.
  • Addressed an exploit that allowed users to play players out of position in MyTEAM.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were reporting they were not receiving the correct reward cards from Domination games in MyTEAM.
  • Fixed an issue where some users were not receiving their awards when achieving new Collector Levels in MyTEAM.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.02

Release Dates

PC: September 9th, 2019
PlayStation 4: September 9th, 2019
Xbox One: September 9th, 2019

Patch Notes

• Stamina Buff.
  • Increased speed of players in The Playground.
  • Improved the stability of the title in addition to a number of general improvements to the user experience.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.01

Release Dates

PC: September 6th, 2019
PlayStation 4: September 6th, 2019
Xbox One: September 6th, 2019

Patch Notes

• Day One Patch
  • Improved the stability of the title in addition to a number of general improvements to the user experience.
[/list]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.02)

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm

We don't have official notes on Patch 1.02 (which just went live today), but an increase in player speed and a buff to stamina has been confirmed. According to Beluba, the speed increase was greater than desired/intended, so that's going to be addressed in a subsequent patch.

Patch 1.02 is currently out for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox One. Hopefully that'll be the case with most title updates this year, the PC getting it around the same time as the PS4 and X1. Seems like Switch users will still have it tough, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby diamenz on Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 pm

there was a lot of uproar against the speed increase and whether or not it affected offline sim. what's crazy is how quick mike caves to these twitch my park guys. the devs work all year on this game and end up getting swayed by some kids that barely know basketball three days after release.
diamenz

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:30 pm

I guess they do make up a large portion of the userbase now. The game is getting review bombed pretty hard, even worse than NBA 2K18.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby maumau78 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Biggest IMHO 2K problem..

...too many patches...and Mike giving too much credit to MyPark, MyCareer users....

Just my 2 cents
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby diamenz on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Andrew wrote:I guess they do make up a large portion of the userbase now. The game is getting review bombed pretty hard, even worse than NBA 2K18.

wow - i just saw that on steam. apparently sim players are a vast minority... what a world.
diamenz

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:35 am

I think there's been a generational shift as NBA 2K's audience has expanded.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby burnshroom on Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 am

Patch 1.03 out... it's HUGE... 28G for PS4 and 38 for XBoxOne

Patch Notes:

Fixed a major issue that was causing the game to hang at intermittent times (e.g. when accessing the VIP Stats menu, when completing games in Domination, when playing Play Now Online games, and more).
Addressed a number of issues in MyCAREER to greatly improve the user experience in that mode.
Fixed an issue where some MyPLAYER names would disappear (may need to create a new build to correct existing saves).
Numerous Gameplay improvements & fixes including: support for standing stepback escapes and finishing alley-oops with Pro Stick, out of bounds awareness improvements, more reliable interior shot defense contact detection, logic fixes for certain badges, and much more.
Addressed an exploit that allowed users to play players out of position in MyTEAM.
Fixed an issue where some users were reporting they were not receiving the correct reward cards from Domination games in MyTEAM.
Fixed an issue where some users were not receiving their awards when achieving new Collector Levels in MyTEAM.
Many, many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K20!
burnshroom

Postby MaxMBox on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:23 am

2.7 GB for PC
MaxMBox

Postby blackthorne2001 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:52 am

MaxMBox wrote:2.7 GB for PC

5.4gb for me
blackthorne2001

Postby mrk326 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:32 pm

no update is showing on my steam. Did the update for pc come out today too?
ACCEPTING DONATIONS
DONATE
mrk326

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm

mrk326 wrote:no update is showing on my steam. Did the update for pc come out today too?

Mine is updating right now on Steam. Its 2.7GB
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:20 pm

I've added the patch notes and release information to the first post.

I checked and my name is showing up on my MyCAREER save where it went missing. I didn't have to create a new build (or perhaps the fact I'd already done so after the initial bug was sufficient), but it's worth a try if it's still not working for you. The tiles in the MyCAREER menu have also been updated with new artwork, though I'm noticing a delay moving through the menu. It usually sticks for a moment on The Neighborhood tab.

I haven't had a chance to play any games as yet and probably won't until tomorrow as I'll be out all afternoon and evening at a friend's wedding. I would've liked some more specifics in the notes in regards to the gameplay fixes, though.

mrk326 wrote:no update is showing on my steam. Did the update for pc come out today too?

Try restarting your Steam client if you haven't already. It's definitely out, so that should check for and start downloading the new update.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.03)

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 am

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but 2K20 is growing on me, by leaps and bounds. I really love the gameplay and other additions. I took me a few games, as I was complaining as well, but I'm starting to retract my earlier opinions. However, something is going on with the mods not showing up in game, post patch. I've downloaded numerous courts and jersey files, put them in the waigua folder and they aren't in game. Anyone else?
Uncle Drew

Postby maumau78 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:29 am

1.03 is solid; is what the game should have been on sept 6th.....

....still unbelivable they shipped the game with some huge bugs :(
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lagoa on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:39 am

maumau78 wrote:1.03 is solid; is what the game should have been on sept 6th.....

....still unbelivable they shipped the game with some huge bugs :(

Exactly
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby benji on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 am

1.04 patch out now. "Various fixes."

57MB on Steam, consoles may be up to 125MB apparently depending on certain factors.

They also pushed another content update but it was only a few MB if that, the people on Twitter who are downloading multiple GB seem to be people who didn't get the last large one.
benji

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:36 pm

Looks like it fixes some hanging that was occurring in MyCAREER: https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1174785525053440001
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04)

Postby miki_92 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:14 pm

after all these updates half of the features still don't work in My Team, this is ridiculous

never pre-ordering this thing again
miki_92

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04)

Postby rickberge on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:52 am

Any news when 1.05 will come out for PC?

I know it's out for xbox and ps4. Just anxious because someone said they fixed the ease of blow bys by guards, which was a game killer for me. Also, some myleague fixes were addressed according to some people that have the patch.
rickberge

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.05)

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:59 pm

It's out now for PC. Fortunately it hasn't been a long wait for the PC updates this year, usually coming within a few hours of the PS4 and X1 patches. I've added the details for Patch 1.05 to the first post, but here they are again.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.05

Release Dates

PC: September 30th, 2019 (626.8 MB)
PlayStation 4: September 30th, 2019 (20.6 GB)
Xbox One: September 30th, 2019 (35.8 GB)

Patch Notes

• Fixed an issue that caused some Play Now Online, MyTEAM Unlimited, Play With Friends, and All-Star Team-up games to disconnect prior to completion.
  • Fixed an issue where some MyTEAM users were reporting their Collector Level progress was shown as being reset (visit the Collector Level menu to return to your proper level).

Additional Notes from Beluba

This information about gameplay adjustments in Patch 1.05 was Tweeted out by Gameplay Director Mike Wang, aka Beluba.

• Successful coach challenges won't use a timeout
  • Fix for baseline dunks that weren't triggering properly
  • Adjust Pro Stick window for hop step gathers so left or right performs normal dunks/layups
  • Fewer missed "full white" releases
  • Buff Pick Dodger to match Brick Wall strength
  • Fix Steve Nash sig dribble style yo-yo ball bug
  • Widen the speed gap, especially to reduce the speeds of low-rated bigs
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:54 am

So how the gameplay after this 5th update ?
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 pm

It feels more or less the same to me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:13 pm

ok, thank you Andrew ;)
sticky-fingers

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.06)

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:33 am

New patch is out on PS4 and X1. Should hopefully be hitting PC soon, based on previous patch release times.

NBA 2K20 Patch 1.06

Release Dates

PC: TBA
PlayStation 4: October 10th, 2019 (14.6 GB)
Xbox One: October 10th, 2019 (23.44 GB)

Patch Notes

• Fixes incorrect MyPLAYERs loading when joining friends in The Neighborhood
  • Fixes users getting disconnected during timeouts in some online game modes
  • Fixes hanging when dismissing the phone in The Neighborhood
  • Many more fixes
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA 2K20