Shot meter disappeared?

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Re: Shot meter disappeared?

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 pm

Well, as I said before, if it's on user timing and it's not showing up, the only explanation I can think of would be a rare bug or an issue caused by a mod.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:13 am

The other thing is using Shuajota's roster and modded files, I don't know exactly what's in there in the modded stuff because it's not listed anywhere as far as I can tell. And I don't know how to read the files to know what they all do. So I guess there could be a meter remover in there.
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:45 am

The only way to troubleshoot would be to temporarily remove all mods and check. If it returns after that, then there's a problematic/conflicting mod to track down. You might want to double check with Shuajota, as he might be able to point you in the right direction.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:56 am

I have been playing with the meter at the feet which makes the bar slightly bigger and easier to see than the hands one. I have been shooting a lot better now. Plus when looking at the meter I can use my peripheral vision to see the shot height and try to time everything
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby tinpanalley on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 am

Yeah, I agree. By the feet is better. I don't know why I can't get the flash back. Problem is, I don't know how to un-install Shuajota or the TSN presentation because, stupidly, I didn't use JSGME to install them. I guess I could start from scratch.
tinpanalley

Postby jwin on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:14 am

[Q] wrote:That has been my biggest complaint about the way that 2k does things. I remember in 2k7 people would shoot like 90 percent free throws with Ben Wallace because of an "easy" animation but Yao under 50 because of a long animation. I don't think success rate should be so dependent on an animation

Also after starting playing 2k20 a few weeks ago I've noticed that I have been having a hard time getting green releases with great shooters and that anything that's slightly early or late has a big chance at missing. I may have to pull up my jump shooting stars somehow but it's bad

I also tried real % for a little bit after being frustrated after missing so many easy layups and inside shots

for me anything that is slightly early or late goes in more than if i'm near green but not quite green, also i tried to test that in practice mode and found that if i let the meter reach halfway down on a late release the shot was still going in about half the time, tried it in a game and still the same success rate.

but even near perfect releases usually never go green, in fact if i get three green releases a game i'm doing good on 12 minute quarters. i thought maybe there was some lag in response from the game to gamepad, but it's been the same with three different pads. and it seems like every time a patch is released the shot meter speed changes for me and i have to adjust my release again
jwin

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am

It doesn't help that Badges have become such a big part of everything now. They've gone from "setting players apart" to "necessary for any kind of success".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:42 am

jwin wrote:
[Q] wrote:That has been my biggest complaint about the way that 2k does things. I remember in 2k7 people would shoot like 90 percent free throws with Ben Wallace because of an "easy" animation but Yao under 50 because of a long animation. I don't think success rate should be so dependent on an animation

Also after starting playing 2k20 a few weeks ago I've noticed that I have been having a hard time getting green releases with great shooters and that anything that's slightly early or late has a big chance at missing. I may have to pull up my jump shooting stars somehow but it's bad

I also tried real % for a little bit after being frustrated after missing so many easy layups and inside shots

for me anything that is slightly early or late goes in more than if i'm near green but not quite green, also i tried to test that in practice mode and found that if i let the meter reach halfway down on a late release the shot was still going in about half the time, tried it in a game and still the same success rate.

but even near perfect releases usually never go green, in fact if i get three green releases a game i'm doing good on 12 minute quarters. i thought maybe there was some lag in response from the game to gamepad, but it's been the same with three different pads. and it seems like every time a patch is released the shot meter speed changes for me and i have to adjust my release again

So what you're saying is instead of actually trying for green releases you were better off filling halfway on a late release? I might have to try that
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby jwin on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:36 pm

[Q] wrote:
jwin wrote:

So what you're saying is instead of actually trying for green releases you were better off filling halfway on a late release? I might have to try that

yeah i will try it again to see if that still works, but just finished a game and i switched the meter to by the feet and i had four green releases this time, but it was still the same, if i fill the meter up but it doesn't go green i miss the shot, if i get it at about a tenth of the meter early or late it goes in more often.
jwin

Postby tinpanalley on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:27 am

Just wanna revive this...
I now see, several weeks later how the perfect release green indicator for the CPU is annoying. How can I disable it? Is there a mod or something? If the setting is in-game, I must not be seeing it.
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:44 am

There's no setting to disable it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Andrew wrote:There's no setting to disable it.

Awesome. In the game where pretty much EVERYthing has an option in a menu somewhere, that is just ignored? So weird. Such a strange thing to not give you an on-off switch for.
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:42 pm

I've noticed a few handy options disappear over the years, or in this case, fail to be implemented.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K20