Some questions, please help

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Some questions, please help

Postby Leander on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:03 am

Hi!

I have some questions.

1) When I shoot and the opposing them grabs the rebound and brings the ball up court, strange percentage numbers are displayed...from red to green. What is this? Can I disable this? It looks odd.

2) Can you remove fav plays? I press LB and want to select a position-based play, for example with the SG or PF...I don't want to have press an additional button. LB -> positional-based plays -> position -> play. I am used to NBA 2K19 and don't need the fav plays.

3) Cutscenes are capped at 30 FPS. I have a 144hz monitor. How can I have everything without a limit or at a steady 60 FPS?
Leander

Re: Some questions, please help

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:18 am

1. Those percentages are the potential shot percentages of your opponents, and the result of one of your players having the Defensive Leader Badge equipped. The only way to disable it would be to remove that Badge from the player.

2, Not as far as I'm aware. That's how it works in NBA 2K20, for better or worse.

3, I don't think there's a way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leander on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:23 pm

Thanks! I don't want to edit the default roster. I was playing Knicks vs. Rockets (retro teams). It just looks bad with the percentages. Ok, I searched with Google and there are many complaints that these percentages break immersion...and no, you cannot turn them off. Good job, 2K. :D Glad, I got the game for 8€. I had fun with 2K19, but wanted to take a look how good the graphics are in 2K20. And no, I won't buy 2K21. :D
Leander

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 pm

NBA 2K21 definitely isn't worth it. After some more updates and certainly when it can get new rosters it might be worth it on sale, but in general, I wouldn't recommend it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Leander on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:40 am

Thanks! I'll stick to 2K20. Movement is a bit odd as it feels heavy. You do not control medium-sized cars, but heavy trucks. Moving around on the court takes some time, players need time to react and to stop. After catching the ball after a pass, they need some time before they can shoot...

Just started a season with the awesome 1996-97 mod and replaced New Orleans with my custom team..then held a fantasy draft and got Ewing, Antonio Davis, Robert Horry, John Starks, Nich Van Exel and young future stars such as J. O' Neal and Ben Wallace.

Leander

Postby Leander on Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:40 am

1) Is there a mod to display starting lineups in every game, not just for playoffs?
2) I had 3 blocks with Ewing and an icon appeared...with a crossed out mailbox or something...and sometimes a player shoots and a green circle appears for a second. Can you disable these immersion-breaking effects?
Leander

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:48 pm

No and no.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:24 am

Does anyone know how to defend some of these flare screen plays? Opponents get open 3s almost every time they run them.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Leander on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:36 am

Check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUxji ... wAw52sw-mQ

What I do not understand is the gameplay. I have problems doing certain moves, but others are just OP. My PG is Nick Van Exel...I just run around and nobody can guard me...I always get by for the layup...but I am stuck with all other players.
Leander

Return to NBA 2K20