Controller - right stick on dribble moves

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Controller - right stick on dribble moves

Postby tinpanalley on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:41 am

Bit confused about this.. I prefer to shoot with buttons. I accidentally shoot too much if I let the right stick control shooting. But then what do you do when you dunk holding the right stick in different directions for different dunks? Hold down the right and left stick while using the edge of your index finger to hold down the shoot button?
tinpanalley

Re: Controller - right stick on dribble moves

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:50 pm

If you're using the stick to perform different dunks, you don't need to press the shoot button as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:29 pm

No no, Im saying, when I set the right stick to ONLY be a dribble stick in 2k20, how do I then choose what kind of dunk I want?
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:55 pm

With the left stick, but it's Camera Relative; there's no Absolute option if you change the Pro Stick to Dribble only.

If you do use that setting, you can use the left stick to control the dunk by holding it left, right, down, or up as you press the shoot button. As I said it's Camera relative, so make sure you're holding the left stick towards your left or right hand, or towards or away from the rim. If you want to use the Absolute setting (left is always left, up is always towards the rim, etc), you'd need to use the default combined dribbling and shooting for the Pro Stick.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:12 am

I may try the dribble only setting as I do accidentally pump fake while trying to do right stick moves
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby tinpanalley on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 am

Andrew wrote:With the left stick, but it's Camera Relative; there's no Absolute option if you change the Pro Stick to Dribble only.

If you do use that setting, you can use the left stick to control the dunk by holding it left, right, down, or up as you press the shoot button. As I said it's Camera relative, so make sure you're holding the left stick towards your left or right hand, or towards or away from the rim. If you want to use the Absolute setting (left is always left, up is always towards the rim, etc), you'd need to use the default combined dribbling and shooting for the Pro Stick.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. So let me ask then, I thought somebody here had told me that dribbling in 2K21 was more like it was years ago in 2K. Is that true?
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:15 pm

It's like NBA 2K20, only a bit clunkier in my opinion.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tinpanalley on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Andrew wrote:It's like NBA 2K20, only a bit clunkier in my opinion.

Ohh... I could have sworn it was being discussed as a return to older gen dribbling controls?
tinpanalley

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Nope. I mean, someone might've said that, but I wouldn't call it an accurate statement at all. But for a couple of changes, it's still very similar to NBA 2K20 for the most part.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20