NBA 2k20 Questions

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

NBA 2k20 Questions

Postby BarateGites on Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi, I apologize if I am dumb enough to ask here but I cannot google it. I just played 2k again and a lot has changed.

Questions:

What is the VC Sports Management? What it does, because I could go in once a day and it will allow me, but without VC. I had a 500 VC on my first entry though.

VC for dribbling 10 and 25 times in practice mode, are there anything else besides the dribble, and are there really VC behind those?

I noticed I can share my apparels between my MC Players. Do I share the Rep also? Or just the skateboards? I am still at Rookie :) only playing SinglePlayer MC. Also why I cannot share the animation, lol.

I started noob in MC so my Build a Player mode is a total random. Now my driving dunk is only 81. Is there a way to still get contact dunks? I have around of 50k VC from not being able to spend it since I need to level up first, is there a way to raise my dunk for those animations?

How do I execute the reverse windmill dunk? bought it but for a lot of games now, it still does not want to trigger.
BarateGites

Re: NBA 2k20 Questions

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:17 am

VC Sports Management is leftover from previous games where you had to go there to pick up your endorsement cheques. You can use it once every 24 hours to get a bonus 500 VC.

You can also earn up to 500 VC between NBA games by shooting around on your MyCOURT. One thing to note is that the figure that pops up is a running tally of the VC you're getting, and not VC for that particular action. Also, different actions earn VC each time, i.e. the goal will pop up, but it won't always reward you with VC, while other times it will. As such, you kind of have to do everything every time to make sure that it adds up to the maximum 500 VC. It is another way to grinding for VC, though. Off the top of my head, these are the different MyCOURT shootaround goals:

• Make a shot within 15 seconds of starting a shootaround
  • Make a shot in both baskets within 20 seconds of starting a shootaround
  • Make a shot in both baskets within 10 seconds (any time)
  • Shoot around for ten minutes
  • Hit 100 shots
  • Hit 50 shots
  • Hit 10 shots in 30 seconds
  • Hit 20 shots in 60 seconds
  • Make ten dunks
  • Make ten layups
  • Make three three-pointers in a row
  • Make five three-pointers in a row
  • Make ten three-pointers in a row
  • Hit consecutive shots without moving (standing under the basket and continuing to shoot layups will get this one
  • Perform 10 dribble moves
  • Perform 25 dribble moves
  • Perform a dribble move into a made shot
  • Chain four dribble moves together into a made shot
  • Make five shots in each basket
  • Make a shot from beyond half court
  • Hit a shot from behind the backboard
  • Hit a shot from out of bounds in the left corner
  • Hit a shot from out of bounds in the right corner
  • Make five consecutive swishes (dunks count here, and most dunks are swishes; keep dunking, and you'll get this one easily)
  • Make five bank shots (layups count here)

There might be a couple of others, I'll have to check. Needless to say, it's a good practice to string some of those goals together. I'd always start out by running in and dunking, then running to the other end and dunking, repeat three more times, and then switch to layups running end to end. Right out of the gate, it'd be possible to get the goals for scoring within 15 seconds, at both ends within 20 seconds, at both ends within 10 seconds, five dunks, five swishes, five layups, and five in each basket. Basically, once you get the routine down, you can efficiently farm 500 VC with a ten minute shootaround between NBA games. You'll need to play the next NBA game for the goals to reset and begin farming VC again.

MyREP is shared across all players that you create. That way if you start over with a second player, people will still recognise your experience despite running with a lower-rated MyPLAYER that you're still levelling up.

If the ratings cap you've set doesn't allow you to get certain animations, unfortunately you're stuck. There's no re-spec option, so all you can do is start over with a new build. This is, as you might have guessed, by design to get people to spend money on VC to level up a new build quickly if they find their original one isn't suitable.

I believe that'll count as a flashy dunk, so holding down on the right stick if you're using Absolute controls (or away from the basket if you're playing with the Camera Relative setting) should trigger it from time to time as long as it's equipped in your Dunk Packages.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20