Olympic Basketball Legacy - V6.1 RELEASED! 160 teams! [pg.9]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [16 09] Olympic Basketball History

Postby eda on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:41 am

Olympic history lesson #6: Crushing three-peat

The U.S. men's basketball team routed Serbia, 96-66, in the gold medal game at the Rio Games to capture their third straight gold.
Australia have lost a heartbreaking bronze medal playoff in Rio, with Spain prevailing in the dying seconds to hold on for a 89-88 win.
The United States crushed Argentina, 105-78, to advance to the semifinals in the 2016 Olympic men's basketball tournament Wednesday night. It was easily the Americans' best performance yet in Rio, and there was no need for late heroics to end the Golden Generation's run.
THE Boomers have guaranteed themselves a shot at an historic medal in Rio, defeating heavyweights Lithuania in one of their greatest performances to storm into the semi-finals.

sticky-fingers did it again
-=NEW SCOREBOARDS=-!

RIO
LONDON
BEIJING
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [16 09] Olympic Basketball History

Postby kidhybrid89 on Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:36 am

eda wrote:
Olympic history lesson #6: Crushing three-peat

The U.S. men's basketball team routed Serbia, 96-66, in the gold medal game at the Rio Games to capture their third straight gold.
Australia have lost a heartbreaking bronze medal playoff in Rio, with Spain prevailing in the dying seconds to hold on for a 89-88 win.
The United States crushed Argentina, 105-78, to advance to the semifinals in the 2016 Olympic men's basketball tournament Wednesday night. It was easily the Americans' best performance yet in Rio, and there was no need for late heroics to end the Golden Generation's run.
THE Boomers have guaranteed themselves a shot at an historic medal in Rio, defeating heavyweights Lithuania in one of their greatest performances to storm into the semi-finals.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

sticky-fingers did it again
-=NEW SCOREBOARDS=-!

RIO
[ Image ]
LONDON
[ Image ]
BEIJING
[ Image ]

Nice job man!
kidhybrid89

Re: [26 09] Olympic Basketball History: Introducing the cover and the aim (pg.1)

Postby eda on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:07 am

kidhybrid89, thank you (Y)

The release is scheduled for the upcoming weekend.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: [26 09] Olympic Basketball History: Introducing the cover and the aim (pg.1)

Postby Arnau13 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:11 am

I enjoyed a lot being part of this project and I'm sure all the people the helped Eda with this project are also proud with the final result of the mod.

All the details... Finally everything being put together... It's just amazing!!
I'm so happy that a small "crazy" idea turn into a mod big enough to be shared with the rest of the community.

Can't wait for the realease date to bring back some historic moments from past olympic games!!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Arnau13

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:39 am

Excited for the release! We haven't had a mod dedicated to retro Olympic teams publically released in a while outside URB 2K14. Props to the team for creating something amazing (Y)

PS, if there's a possibility of more history lessons to be included in the future, I've been converting some of Retroman's old courts from 2K12-14. It's been a bit since I've worked on a court, but I'd say I've still got it.

84olympiad.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayRay_953

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:11 pm

eda wrote:Great news!
The mod just got 4 authentic era specific scoreboards thanks to a NLSC member that shares the same amount of love for retro, sticky-fingers!

6 :cheeky:

happy to have been able to help a little bit with this project (Y)
sticky-fingers

Postby Shuajota on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:35 pm

An incredible job @eda :100: . I am glad I helped on this project.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby eda on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Arnau13 wrote:I enjoyed a lot being part of this project and I'm sure all the people the helped Eda with this project are also proud with the final result of the mod.

All the details... Finally everything being put together... It's just amazing!!
I'm so happy that a small "crazy" idea turn into a mod big enough to be shared with the rest of the community.

Can't wait for the realease date to bring back some historic moments from past olympic games!!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Thanks! Well said, small crazy idea (Y)

RayRay_953 wrote:Excited for the release! We haven't had a mod dedicated to retro Olympic teams publically released in a while outside URB 2K14. Props to the team for creating something amazing (Y)

PS, if there's a possibility of more history lessons to be included in the future, I've been converting some of Retroman's old courts from 2K12-14. It's been a bit since I've worked on a court, but I'd say I've still got it.

84olympiad.JPG

As I mentioned before you did plant the idea into my head :)
As for the other teams, I think it is really possible. There are some teams I would still like to add (after the first release).
The main drawback off going further into the past are faces. I'm OK with making the roster and the graphics adding/editing courts and Jersey.

sticky-fingers wrote:
eda wrote:Great news!
The mod just got 4 authentic era specific scoreboards thanks to a NLSC member that shares the same amount of love for retro, sticky-fingers!

6 :cheeky:

happy to have been able to help a little bit with this project (Y)

6? I did not know about the 6th one! Which means all the eras from 2000 to 2020 will have scoreboards. Awesome!
Thank you!

Shuajota wrote:An incredible job @eda :100: . I am glad I helped on this project.

Thank you!
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:52 pm

Olympic history lesson #7: Not Yet, Luka

What an Olympics! After all the hard-fought games at the Saitama Super Arena this is certain: the gap may be closing, but the United States still rule the basketball roost.

For the Americans, their triumph in the Finals over France marked their fourth straight Olympic gold - and 16th in 19 Games appearances. Tokyo 2020 also saw the Czech Republic and Slovenia play in the event for the first time.

First matches showed that Luka Doncic and the Slovenian team are ready to defeat any team that stands on their way. In the semifinal though, Slovenia started strong and was very close to making a bigger mark in history, but Batum and France had other plans.
Prepelic's final second shot which could have brought the W for the young team was blocked by and old chasing artist, Batum.
Nevertheless, it was a powerful statement from the Slovenian team which finished 4th in their Olympic debut.

ADDITiONAL TEAMS

ARGENTINA 2008 LITHUANIA 2020

eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: Olympic Basketball History v1 RELEASED!

Postby eda on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:13 am

Ladies and gentlemen, probably mostly gentlemen, cancel your Friday night dates, send your kids to bed earlier, notify your employer that you're not coming to work tomorrow and seal yourself in your home. Because you're about to embark on a journey into the past of Olympic basketball competition with
OLYMPIC BASKETBALL HISTORY!

OLTMPIC BASETBALL HISTORY is an NBA 2k20 modification that adds 26 national basketball Olympic teams from year 1992 till 2020.

TEAM LIST:
Usa 1992
Usa 1996
Usa 2000
Usa 2004
Usa 2008
Usa 2012
Usa 2016
Usa 2020
Lithuania 1992
Lithuania 2000
Lithuania 2004
Lithuania 2008
Lithuania 2012
Lithuania 2016
Lithuania 2020
Spain 2008
Spain 2012
Spain 2016
Spain 2020
Argentina 2004
Argentina 2008
Argentina 2012
Argentina 2016
Russia 2012
Serbia 2016
France 2020

FEATURES
- All teams have their specific year uniforms.
- Nearly every player has a cyberface.
- Players have their accurate gear and specific or look alike shoes. Except for some of the USA teams.
- Logos, team murals for each team.
- Clean (no specific Olympics logo) molten ball, Tokyo molten ball. Wilson ball used for the era from 92 till
- Accurate courts authentic dornas as well as stadium parts and stanchions.
- Real scoreboards for each era from 2000 until 2020

KNOWN BUGS
- Displayed names of the stadiums before the match are wrong.
- Certain non-essential players have generic faces.
- No coaching staff.
- Not all player names are pronounced by arena announcers.

If you encounter any other bugs, errors NOT RELATED to player ratings, let me know.

NOTES
- No specific formulas were used to calculate the ratings. Players were arranged according to their performance based on Basketball-reference.com
You can always edit the ratings yourself to make it more suitable for your experience.

- The project might get some updates in the future as I’d love to see Croatia ’92 as well as France with T. Parker. If you have any requests, a team you’d like to see in the mod and you have at least 8-10 cyberfaces of the players (or found someone who will do it), let me know, I’ll gladly make the roster and graphics.

FILES:
NLSC DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. After downloading ALL the 12 parts (waigua.7z.001 - waigua.7z.012), extract the WAIGUA folder and put it in your NBA 2k20 directory.
You won't be able to extract the files until you have downloaded all the 12 parts.
2. Config.rar contains a config file that you have to put into your NBA2K_Hook folder.
CAUTION! It will overwrite the config of your current mod. Make sure to back it up.
3. Online roster
Username: Jack
File name: Olympic Basketball History v1.0
Have fun!

Those who want to support this project are welcome to donate.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:36 am

Well done (Y)

ps : currently downloading the mod ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby Shuajota on Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:22 am

Congrats on the release @eda!!
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby eda on Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:56 pm

Shuajota, sticky-fingers, thank you guys (Y)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:34 am

Congrats on the official release eda! I downloaded the roster and enjoyed how much effort was put in these teams. I made a few personal adjustments to the roster, mostly centered around the USA teams (complete gear updates for '00 and '04 teams, signature updates for all USA teams, and fixed ABC announcing). Is it ok if I share the roster file as an attachment?
RayRay_953

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:45 pm

Made 3 games yesterday, here's one of them (the 2 others are still in process on YT)
phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby eda on Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:08 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:Congrats on the official release eda! I downloaded the roster and enjoyed how much effort was put in these teams. I made a few personal adjustments to the roster, mostly centered around the USA teams (complete gear updates for '00 and '04 teams, signature updates for all USA teams, and fixed ABC announcing). Is it ok if I share the roster file as an attachment?

Sure. I was going to fix that announcing, but since I usually worked with sound off, totally forgot that..
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:11 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:Made 3 games yesterday, here's one of them (the 2 others are still in process on YT)
phpBB [video]

Nice (Y)
Now it came to me that I should've also fixed the wipe (not sure if that's a correct name). I mean, when the screen switched there's 2k logo, olympics would look good i think.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:44 pm

you have to edit gooeyoverlaysstatic.iff for the Wipe.

In my 3rd game, i played vs Doncic'Slovenia with France. I think at least for this one, the playbook and Luka's tendencies should be improved (Luka should run mostly all the offense, and i tweaked quickly his 3pts tendencies before the game ).
I also noticed an issue with this scoreboard - my bad, i'll make a fix - when the score is up to 100.
sticky-fingers

Postby eda on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 am

I absolutely agree with you. I almost didn't touch any tendencies.
RayRay_953, once you upload the roster with the fizes, I'd be glad to use it as a base.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:03 am

I absolutely agree with you. I almost didn't touch any tendencies.
RayRay_953, once you upload the roster with the fizes, I'd be glad to use it as a base.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:24 am

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hoqtpu0p ... e.zip/file

Here's the updated roster file alongside a text document with all the edits I've made. Use the following tutorial to install the roster.

phpBB [video]

EDIT: I made a silent update for the updated roster, tweaking some of the new jumpshot speeds. For the most up-to-date roster, download the zip file in the post attachment below.
OBH Update V2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:52 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/file/hoqtpu0p468naai/OBH_Update.zip/file

Here's the updated roster file alongside a text document with all the edits I've made. Use the following tutorial to install the roster.

phpBB [video]

EDIT: I made a silent update for the updated roster, tweaking some of the new jumpshot speeds. For the most up-to-date roster, download the zip file in the post attachment below.
OBH Update V2.zip

Great job there!
Can you share it via 2k?
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:54 pm

Done (Y)

Roster file: OBH 1.1
Username: shinron2017
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:33 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:Done (Y)

Roster file: OBH 1.1
Username: shinron2017

Thanks (Y)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby benharper23 on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:20 am

Thank you so much for the mod eda. I love playing with Lithuanian Olympic Teams and cfs for Kleiza an Jasikevicius from different ages I loved that. Is that possible to fix Darjus Lavrinovic's eyes? Something wrong with it.
benharper23

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding