Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1/1/22 4 NEW Season Rosters

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:26 pm

Wow another update. I had just downloaded your previous update. Now I got to do update the season rosters again. Speaking of that, how many rosters are we allowed to save in this game? 26 rosters? I want to keep some of the other rosters I have in my game.

Also, I'm a Kings fan and they are not using the correct Arco Arena. What must I do to correct that? I have them playing in the right area when I use my other waigua folder with naktra's stuff.
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:57 pm

chronoxiong wrote:Wow another update. I had just downloaded your previous update. Now I got to do update the season rosters again. Speaking of that, how many rosters are we allowed to save in this game? 26 rosters? I want to keep some of the other rosters I have in my game.

Also, I'm a Kings fan and they are not using the correct Arco Arena. What must I do to correct that? I have them playing in the right area when I use my other waigua folder with naktra's stuff.

I believe you get 100 local saves between rosters and draft classes. If the 02 Kings arena is accurate, then I can use that arena ID for Arco, but otherwise someone will have to make a modded arena, as that isn’t within my skill set.

Hope you enjoy!
Thunder Shaq

Postby rdfhw198 on Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:57 am

Please tell me, is there a roster editor for 2k20 that allows you to change attributes for all players at the same time as red mc?
rdfhw198

Postby calebjr on Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:13 am

Hello, impressive work on the mod! I recently downloaded the mods and followed all the directions. The only problem I am running into a problem where every rosters has at least one player invisible. I am wondering if you have any solutions to this issue?
calebjr

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:10 am

calebjr wrote:Hello, impressive work on the mod! I recently downloaded the mods and followed all the directions. The only problem I am running into a problem where every rosters has at least one player invisible. I am wondering if you have any solutions to this issue?

The only thing I can say is download all the mod packs and put them in one waigua folder and make sure you have the Hook as well. Should be in mod pack 1 or linked after all the downloads in the thread. If you have any specific players missing, let me know. I am usually on top of missing faces
Thunder Shaq

Postby calebjr on Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:14 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
calebjr wrote:Hello, impressive work on the mod! I recently downloaded the mods and followed all the directions. The only problem I am running into a problem where every rosters has at least one player invisible. I am wondering if you have any solutions to this issue?

The only thing I can say is download all the mod packs and put them in one waigua folder and make sure you have the Hook as well. Should be in mod pack 1 or linked after all the downloads in the thread. If you have any specific players missing, let me know. I am usually on top of missing faces

Thank you so much! Initially, I downloaded the hook from mod 1, but when I downloaded it from the other link, I was able to get all the players to load. :D
calebjr

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:37 am

calebjr wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Thank you so much! Initially, I downloaded the hook from mod 1, but when I downloaded it from the other link, I was able to get all the players to load. :D

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I must not have everything included in the Hook in mod 1. I'll look it that and tell people to keep downloading the one from the link until I figure out what I missed in the download
Thunder Shaq

Postby kirill_andreev on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:04 pm

Hi, thanks for work, i'm looking for 2004-2005 correct floors for blazers, rockets and hornets, you can upload them if you got it? Thanks
kirill_andreev

Postby matmat66 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:40 am

Hi, Thank you for the update!! Just want to ask how I can prevent the save files from being corrupted? I just bought a new laptop and installed NBA 2k20 there but the save files always get corrupted and cannot be loaded. In my pc and other laptop, although the files have been corrupted, I can still load it. Any help on how to address this will be very much appreciated. Thank you.
matmat66

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:28 am

matmat66 wrote:Hi, Thank you for the update!! Just want to ask how I can prevent the save files from being corrupted? I just bought a new laptop and installed NBA 2k20 there but the save files always get corrupted and cannot be loaded. In my pc and other laptop, although the files have been corrupted, I can still load it. Any help on how to address this will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm not 100% on how that all works. I would just make sure:

-Your game is up to date
-All the proper mods are installed (Waigua folder & Hook)
-You reinstall the rosters offline properly (create a save in game, CLOSE THE GAME, and then overwrite that with the custom roster)

I've never had issues with corrupt saves following that advice
Thunder Shaq

Postby matmat66 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:59 am

I tried all that including the tutorial of TGsoGood and the save files are still corrupted. I do not have these problems on the pc and other laptop where 2k20 is also installed and I was able to use all your rosters without any issues. I just got this new laptop and just installed the 2K20 yesterday. I will try to re-install it again. Thanks for this great roster man!!!
matmat66

Postby curro on Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:30 pm

The new update is freaking awesome!! I've never ever enjoyed that much. I hope we'll see more additions and new retro seasons in the future, this mod and their devs deserve kudos
curro

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:45 am

I appreciate the support! I've been taking a little break from working on retro seasons as I really grinded out the 1993-1996 rosters. I'm still working on updates almost daily. This mod wouldn't be possible without all the support from commenters and especially people who have helped contribute mods for courts, cyberfaces, artwork, and even just feedback with suggestions or improvements over the years. This is truly a COMMUNITY project even if my name is attached to it. (not to say I still haven't put over 3000+ hours into it :D )
Thunder Shaq

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:09 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:I appreciate the support! I've been taking a little break from working on retro seasons as I really grinded out the 1993-1996 rosters. I'm still working on updates almost daily. This mod wouldn't be possible without all the support from commenters and especially people who have helped contribute mods for courts, cyberfaces, artwork, and even just feedback with suggestions or improvements over the years. This is truly a COMMUNITY project even if my name is attached to it. (not to say I still haven't put over 3000+ hours into it :D )

Just be thankful you started a project this massive on a game people still want to play like 2K20 and not a game like 2K18 :lol:
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:57 am

Culture Games wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:I appreciate the support! I've been taking a little break from working on retro seasons as I really grinded out the 1993-1996 rosters. I'm still working on updates almost daily. This mod wouldn't be possible without all the support from commenters and especially people who have helped contribute mods for courts, cyberfaces, artwork, and even just feedback with suggestions or improvements over the years. This is truly a COMMUNITY project even if my name is attached to it. (not to say I still haven't put over 3000+ hours into it :D )

Just be thankful you started a project this massive on a game people still want to play like 2K20 and not a game like 2K18 :lol:

Not going to lie, 2k18 was not one of my favorites :lol: Although I would always encourage everyone to play and mod the game they enjoy, regardless if it gets community support. I had to make a tough decision to keep working on 2k20 instead of moving on to 2k21 and 2k22 like a lot of the community did. I don’t regret it all because it has let me slow down and really work on the rosters. I feel like they are never done, there is always something I can improve :crazyeyes: I’m incredibly lucky with how popular this project got and all the support I’ve received.
Thunder Shaq

Postby timmyd on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:26 am

Hi Thundershaq,

Question, I've been out of the game for some months now but I still play your wonderful roster mods offline (mainly 2009-2012 NBA seasons). I LOVE IT!

I remember in the past there were a lot of crashes involved with doing a myleague/season mode for the early 2000 rosters like 2001/2002 etc etc. I had tried adding additonal teams and even then the game would crash to the desktop after lagging for a few seconds.

Wondering if you have a working fix for that? are we able to finally use your wonderful early 2000 rosters in a myleague or season mode?

ty
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:04 pm

timmyd wrote:Hi Thundershaq,

Question, I've been out of the game for some months now but I still play your wonderful roster mods offline (mainly 2009-2012 NBA seasons). I LOVE IT!

I remember in the past there were a lot of crashes involved with doing a myleague/season mode for the early 2000 rosters like 2001/2002 etc etc. I had tried adding additonal teams and even then the game would crash to the desktop after lagging for a few seconds.

Wondering if you have a working fix for that? are we able to finally use your wonderful early 2000 rosters in a myleague or season mode?

ty

2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, etc. all work now if you download the rosters from the last update. No need to add extra teams either
Thunder Shaq

Postby timmyd on Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:27 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
timmyd wrote:Hi Thundershaq,

ty

2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, etc. all work now if you download the rosters from the last update. No need to add extra teams either

Wow that’s amazing to hear! Thank you for your hard work!

I can’t wait to relive the 76ers and Raptors 7 game playoff series! Who knows… maybe VC doesn’t miss the shot!

Any recommendations on graphic upgrades that would enhance the experience?
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby hakeemthedream on Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:45 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
matmat66 wrote:Hi, Thank you for the update!! Just want to ask how I can prevent the save files from being corrupted? I just bought a new laptop and installed NBA 2k20 there but the save files always get corrupted and cannot be loaded. In my pc and other laptop, although the files have been corrupted, I can still load it. Any help on how to address this will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

-Your game is up to date
-You reinstall the rosters offline properly (create a save in game, CLOSE THE GAME, and then overwrite that with the custom roster)

Thunder Shaq, you made an excellent mod my friend, probably the best. I have just seen it. You and those who helped you did a great job. And I'm so glad you stuck with 2k20 and made more season rosters. I hope you get a chance to continue backwards from the 1993 season.

I've been playing 2k14 with UBR for years, when I saw your mod 2 days ago, I decided to make a change and now I wanted to switch to your mod, but I couldn't be successful in installing. I would be very grateful if you or anyone else could help me. I want to tell you what I did one by one.

I installed the game and then updated 1.02, 1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.09 and 1.10. Then I downloaded all 7 mod packs, and pasted them in the 2k20 folder. I put all the files in the seven packs (except the roster files) into the 'waigua' folder. I chose 'replace' when I got a warning about the file with the same name. At the same time, I threw the 'NBA2K_Hook' folder into the 2k20 game folder, and the 'dll' files in pack 1 into the 2k20 in the same way. Then I went into the game, saved the roster, exited the game, changed the name of your roster file, pasted it into the 'remote' folder and replaced it.

And here are the errors I get when I load the roster, I hope it helps you understand what the problem is: When I examine the rosters, no player's portraits and images appear. When I enter the game, some players in the teams become invisible. For example: 2005 T. Parker, 1995 C. Drexler, 1995 K. Johnson and Barkley(but not 1993 KJ and Barkley), a few players from the 1995 Spurs top 5(D. Rodman, A. Johnson etc.), 1997 M. Maloney etc. Of the 15 or so teams I tried out, the only 1993 Pho and Bulls did not have invisible players. Except for these, there were unseen players in every team without exception. However, the courts always look wrong, the 1995 Rockets have the current court, the 1995 Spurs the same, the Cavs the same etc.

I'm unfamiliar with 'next gen' games, I hope I haven't made a very simple mistake. I hope you can help me, sorry for the long post, thank you in advance.

edit: By the way, I downloaded the 'SYNC' file and replaced it with the original in the 'local' folder.
hakeemthedream

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:28 am

hakeemthedream wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

-Your game is up to date

Thunder Shaq, you made an excellent mod my friend, probably the best. I have just seen it. You and those who helped you did a great job. And I'm so glad you stuck with 2k20 and made more season rosters. I hope you get a chance to continue backwards from the 1993 season.

I've been playing 2k14 with UBR for years, when I saw your mod 2 days ago, I decided to make a change and now I wanted to switch to your mod, but I couldn't be successful in installing. I would be very grateful if you or anyone else could help me. I want to tell you what I did one by one.

I installed the game and then updated 1.02, 1.03, 1.05, 1.07, 1.09 and 1.10. Then I downloaded all 7 mod packs, and pasted them in the 2k20 folder. I put all the files in the seven packs (except the roster files) into the 'waigua' folder. I chose 'replace' when I got a warning about the file with the same name. At the same time, I threw the 'NBA2K_Hook' folder into the 2k20 game folder, and the 'dll' files in pack 1 into the 2k20 in the same way. Then I went into the game, saved the roster, exited the game, changed the name of your roster file, pasted it into the 'remote' folder and replaced it.

And here are the errors I get when I load the roster, I hope it helps you understand what the problem is: When I examine the rosters, no player's portraits and images appear. When I enter the game, some players in the teams become invisible. For example: 2005 T. Parker, 1995 C. Drexler, 1995 K. Johnson and Barkley(but not 1993 KJ and Barkley), a few players from the 1995 Spurs top 5(D. Rodman, A. Johnson etc.), 1997 M. Maloney etc. Of the 15 or so teams I tried out, the only 1993 Pho and Bulls did not have invisible players. Except for these, there were unseen players in every team without exception. However, the courts always look wrong, the 1995 Rockets have the current court, the 1995 Spurs the same, the Cavs the same etc.

I'm unfamiliar with 'next gen' games, I hope I haven't made a very simple mistake. I hope you can help me, sorry for the long post, thank you in advance.

edit: By the way, I downloaded the 'SYNC' file and replaced it with the original in the 'local' folder.

I would download the NBA2k_Hook directly from main thread. For whatever reason, the one I included in Mod Pack 1 doesn't work and I will try to fix that in the next update.

I would download this: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=108024

And then take the config file from Hook provided in Mod Pack 1 and put that in the folder
Thunder Shaq

Postby hakeemthedream on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:11 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

-Your game is up to date

I would download the NBA2k_Hook directly from main thread. For whatever reason, the one I included in Mod Pack 1 doesn't work and I will try to fix that in the next update.

And then take the config file from Hook provided in Mod Pack 1 and put that in the folder

Thank you very much mate it worked! I am very grateful. Old school nba nostalgia is one of our rare entertainments, it is very valuable to us. As I write on the one hand, I'm looking forward to discovering this great mod.

Meanwhile, other courts back to what they should have been, but I think Hou 95's court is wrong, it is the same as Hou 97's court. I'd be glad if you could check it out.

I want to ask one more thing, I read it in the comments. I think there are modes with scoreboard changes in 2k20 (nbc, espn, cbs etc.) Do you intend to add scoreboards to the mod by seasons? Or for example, if I try to add it, will it work with your mod?
hakeemthedream

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:56 pm

hakeemthedream wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
hakeemthedream wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

-Your game is up to date

Thank you very much mate it worked! I am very grateful. Old school nba nostalgia is one of our rare entertainments, it is very valuable to us. As I write on the one hand, I'm looking forward to discovering this great mod.

Meanwhile, other courts back to what they should have been, but I think Hou 95's court is wrong, it is the same as Hou 97's court. I'd be glad if you could check it out.

I want to ask one more thing, I read it in the comments. I think there are modes with scoreboard changes in 2k20 (nbc, espn, cbs etc.) Do you intend to add scoreboards to the mod by seasons? Or for example, if I try to add it, will it work with your mod?

You are right, I forgot to change the court for the 95 Rockets, it will be fixed. There are lots of good custom scoreboards out there. I don't include them in the mod packs. I typically just switch them out manually by swapping them in the waigua folder. You should have no issues downloading any of the many 2k20 scoreboard mods and using them with these rosters
Thunder Shaq

Postby curro on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:22 am

Hello, I'd like to report an issue which has arisen several times. The problem is that the game crashes as I try to start a 2017 retro season in my league mode.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
Does anyone know how to play playoffs mode using retro season rosters?

Thanks for your time.
curro

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:18 am

curro wrote:Hello, I'd like to report an issue which has arisen several times. The problem is that the game crashes as I try to start a 2017 retro season in my league mode.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, I’m aware of the 2017 roster crashing in MyLeague. The current released rosters has the 2013, 2014, and 2017 rosters crash in MyLeague.

I have finally figured out a fix for the 2013 and 2014 rosters, so they will work in MyLeague in the next update. My goal is to find out what causes 2017 to crash and then every season will work.

Unless there is a mod I haven’t seen, I don’t believe you can use custom rosters in the playoffs mode. My only thought is finding a way to make one of the custom rosters be recognized as the “default” roster, but that might cause other problems
Thunder Shaq

Postby curro on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:40 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
curro wrote:Hello, I'd like to report an issue which has arisen several times. The problem is that the game crashes as I try to start a 2017 retro season in my league mode.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, I’m aware of the 2017 roster crashing in MyLeague. The current released rosters has the 2013, 2014, and 2017 rosters crash in MyLeague.

I have finally figured out a fix for the 2013 and 2014 rosters, so they will work in MyLeague in the next update. My goal is to find out what causes 2017 to crash and then every season will work.

Unless there is a mod I haven’t seen, I don’t believe you can use custom rosters in the playoffs mode. My only thought is finding a way to make one of the custom rosters be recognized as the “default” roster, but that might cause other problems

Thank you for the reply dear Thunder Shaq
The future of this mod is gonna be big, at the same level to 2k14 retro season mods without a shadow of a doubt
Greetings
curro

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding