Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 7/2/22 2022 Roster OUT NOW

Postby Brockman44 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:36 am

I just re-downloaded the game and when trying to follow the offline tutorial my offine save that I try to create just isn't saving. Am I screwed since I didn't already have the game installed on my system? I'm literally watching the "roaming" folder as I save and a new file doesn't populate and also doesn't appear when I try to load it back up in-game

edit: fixed, Had to reinstall the game
Brockman44

Postby burrheb13 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:42 am

I'm getting the same crash for the 2004 season in MyLeague. It happened before when choosing the draft option (whether to autogenerate or select custom draft) but now it just happens right after I load up the 2004 roster. Was there any changes done to those seasons in the recent updates that you could possibly troubleshoot?
burrheb13

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:11 am

burrheb13 wrote:I'm getting the same crash for the 2004 season in MyLeague. It happened before when choosing the draft option (whether to autogenerate or select custom draft) but now it just happens right after I load up the 2004 roster. Was there any changes done to those seasons in the recent updates that you could possibly troubleshoot?

Spent a couple hours on it so far trying to find a fix. It looks like once again it is an issue with the Raptors. If I swap out that team for the All-time Raptors, it doesn't crash. Also if I replace some of the 2004 Raptors with All-time Raptors players, it doesn't crash. Obviously the point is it for to be the accurate 2004 roster, so that doesn't do much good
Thunder Shaq

Postby timmyd on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:36 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
burrheb13 wrote:I'm getting the same crash for the 2004 season in MyLeague. It happened before when choosing the draft option (whether to autogenerate or select custom draft) but now it just happens right after I load up the 2004 roster. Was there any changes done to those seasons in the recent updates that you could possibly troubleshoot?

Spent a couple hours on it so far trying to find a fix. It looks like once again it is an issue with the Raptors. If I swap out that team for the All-time Raptors, it doesn't crash. Also if I replace some of the 2004 Raptors with All-time Raptors players, it doesn't crash. Obviously the point is it for to be the accurate 2004 roster, so that doesn't do much good

Thanks for sharing! I had given up after the Vince Carter deletion didn't work.

Okay, So I will try this tonight once I finish work. I'll move all of the players from the 2004 Raptors over to the All-Time Raptors team and use that time in a custom MyLeague. That should work?

I'll provide details from a trial run tonight!
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Brisket on Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:45 am

Any chance All-Time teams (with all the missing players such as Walt Bellamy on the Wizards) get updated into the 1991-2022 rosters? Just 1 is fine but I'd like to see those type of players' attributes/tendencies/signature/etc. Obviously Reggie Miller Pacers and Charles Barkley Suns/76ers comes to mind for this but I'd like to see 50s/60s/70s legends that are not covered by the retro teams. Even putting them in the FA pool would be ideal as well.
Brisket

Postby Brockman44 on Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:06 am

What is the procedure for installing this at this point in time exactly besides the offline roster saves? I've had to re-install the game multiple times because the saving feature breaks after seemingly connecting to the cloud. I've tried installing while offline and online and when I installed offline and starting up the game offline I had to pick the installation I wanted to continue use. Picking the cloud is obviously going to bust it and so too did picking the local remote folder.

This time it broke trying to play and save a season, which I realize the game-mode is now busted and I must only play MyLeague, is that correct?

Appreciate the effort that went into this I've been boycotting 2K the last 3 years and its nice to get some updated cyberfaces and rosters.
Brockman44

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:39 pm

timmyd wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Okay, So I will try this tonight once I finish work. I'll move all of the players from the 2004 Raptors over to the All-Time Raptors team and use that time in a custom MyLeague. That should work?

It is super weird because I don't think I made any recent changes to those rosters, but suddenly they are broken in MyLeague. I still can't tell if it is a player causing the crash or the team slot itself
Thunder Shaq

Postby PhilP on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:37 am

Hi, Do you have a file - NBA draft class 22 (Banchero, Chet, Jabari...) for NBA 2k20?
PhilP

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:02 am

timmyd wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Sorry for the delay. I finally got around to working a fix for the 2004 roster. For whatever reason it was only working when I would trade over Fred VanVleet from the all-time raptors. So what I did was trade him over to the regular raptors, tank his ratings, remove his cyberface, and change his name to retro filler and suddenly the roster works again for me. These are definitely some weird crashes + fixes I've run into. It could be I'm truly pushing the game to its limits with the size of this modded folder :D

This 2004 file no longer sees the crash at the draft class selection when loading in Myleague for me. You can either use this or if you made your own personal changes to your roster that you don't want to lose, try the Fred VanVleet technique.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ag3mh4gc ... r_fix/file
Thunder Shaq

Postby timmyd on Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:41 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
timmyd wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Sorry for the delay. I finally got around to working a fix for the 2004 roster. For whatever reason it was only working when I would trade over Fred VanVleet from the all-time raptors. So what I did was trade him over to the regular raptors, tank his ratings, remove his cyberface, and change his name to retro filler and suddenly the roster works again for me. These are definitely some weird crashes + fixes I've run into. It could be I'm truly pushing the game to its limits with the size of this modded folder :D

This 2004 file no longer sees the crash at the draft class selection when loading in Myleague for me. You can either use this or if you made your own personal changes to your roster that you don't want to lose, try the Fred VanVleet technique.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ag3mh4gc ... r_fix/file

Wow. Thank you! I will try this!

thanks for all your effort... you are definitely pushing this game to its limit haha

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby Thedunker on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:41 am

Dear @Thunder Shaq , I do apologize for asking you again,but are you planning to create the NBA All Star rosters from the All Star Weekends?

It would be really great if you are planning to make them.

BTW,I must say that your project is awesome :)
Thedunker

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:03 pm

Thedunker wrote:Dear @Thunder Shaq , I do apologize for asking you again,but are you planning to create the NBA All Star rosters from the All Star Weekends?

You mean for each season? The problem is I don't have all the jerseys for those
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thedunker on Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:35 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Thedunker wrote:Dear @Thunder Shaq , I do apologize for asking you again,but are you planning to create the NBA All Star rosters from the All Star Weekends?

You mean for each season? The problem is I don't have all the jerseys for those

Well, if you don't have the jerseys for all,then could you make those which you have the jerseys for?
Thedunker

Postby bbgeek on Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:46 am

@Thunder Shaq

Thanks for keeping 2k20 alive! :bowdown: :bowdown2:
bbgeek

Postby joosegoose on Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:50 am

So happy to have found this project, especially as 2k refuses to develop the new titles for PC. Thanks for keeping this alive!

I'm running into a couple issues: the 2022 roster in pack 10 looks more like the base roster than current (e.g. Ben Simmons on 76ers). The 2021 roster is great, but it is reliably crashing after season 1 of MyLeague. Not sure if this one is intended to be MyLeague compatible or if you're still working on it but wanted to bring it up and say thanks!
joosegoose

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:34 am

joosegoose wrote:So happy to have found this project, especially as 2k refuses to develop the new titles for PC. Thanks for keeping this alive!

I'm running into a couple issues: the 2022 roster in pack 10 looks more like the base roster than current (e.g. Ben Simmons on 76ers). The 2021 roster is great, but it is reliably crashing after season 1 of MyLeague. Not sure if this one is intended to be MyLeague compatible or if you're still working on it but wanted to bring it up and say thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Does it just seem like I mixed up the 2020-21 and 2021-22 rosters or did I make a mistake and not include it at all? As for crashing, is there a certain point where it crashes in the offseason?
Thunder Shaq

Postby timmyd on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:49 am

Hands down this is the best mod since UBR.

One day in the future I am certain everyone will look back at this in just a nostalgic way, but in a more appreciative way. Sometimes we don't realize that we are looking at greatness until after the fact.

I wish we can convert this over to 'next-gen' on PC when/IF we ever get a Next Gen version of 2k.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1988, 1989, 1990 OUT SOON

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:14 pm

Been working behind the scenes on some more rosters since the last update. I'm hoping to drop the following season rosters in the next week:

1989-90
1988-89
1987-88

Thunder Shaq

Postby burrheb13 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:16 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
joosegoose wrote:So happy to have found this project, especially as 2k refuses to develop the new titles for PC. Thanks for keeping this alive!

Thanks for the feedback. Does it just seem like I mixed up the 2020-21 and 2021-22 rosters or did I make a mistake and not include it at all? As for crashing, is there a certain point where it crashes in the offseason?

He's talking about the 2022 roster. After a full season, it always crashes come picking the next draft class. For me, picking a historical draft and then switching it into the season worked once. But the next time I did it still kept crashing.
burrheb13

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 1988, 1989, 1990 OUT NOW

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:52 am

Mod Pack 11 has dropped this morning:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1uqoklg8 ... 11.7z/file

As a reminder, if you have downloaded all previous mod packs, you ONLY need to download this mod pack. For the roster to look as it should, you must have all 11 mod packs installed + NBA2K_Hook + placing the Config file provided in your NBA2K_Hook folder. In the future I might condense the mod packs again, I just didn't want someone to have to download 15 GB all at once.

Update Breakdown:
-1988 season (With the announcement of the new Jordan Challenges in 2k23, this includes the all-star teams. Court credit to Sticky-fingers, all-star jerseys from 2k19 Classic Seasons mod, but are uncredited in the thread from what I could find)
-1989 season
-1990 season
-140+ new/updated headshot & action shot portraits
-11 new courts (2003-07 Trail Blazers court added, Wizards 2020-present court has been added)
-nearly 50 new/updated cyberfaces
-updates to roster depth and accuracy improvements to previously released rosters (1988-2022 season roster files all included in this pack)

Thunder Shaq

Postby hakeemthedream on Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:09 am

We are not worthy of these! Thanks man great work again!
Last edited by hakeemthedream on Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
hakeemthedream

Postby marillo on Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:17 am

Thank you very much mate!!! I love your mod!!! :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
marillo

Postby YEDYE on Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:59 am

which roster has the all star team like this? I can't find it.
YEDYE

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:22 pm

YEDYE wrote:which roster has the all star team like this? I can't find it.
[ Image ]

If you go into the config file in the NBA2K_Hook and change "loadJerseyByPlayer" from 0 to 1, the 1997 roster all-star team and rookie/sophomore teams will wear their team jerseys. The problem is this messes up jerseys on other rosters, so I wouldn't recommend having that setting on all the time

Thunder Shaq

Postby YEDYE on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:39 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
YEDYE wrote:which roster has the all star team like this? I can't find it.
[ Image ]

If you go into the config file in the NBA2K_Hook and change "loadJerseyByPlayer" from 0 to 1, the 1997 roster all-star team and rookie/sophomore teams will wear their team jerseys. The problem is this messes up jerseys on other rosters, so I wouldn't recommend having that setting on all the time

[ Image ]

Thank you SOOO much. This is such a BIG help gonna go try it now!
YEDYE

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding