Our Downloads Database & Upload Facilities

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Our Downloads Database & Upload Facilities

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Our Downloads section for NBA 2K20 is open!

The NBA 2K20 section of our Downloads database can be found here. Just a reminder to anyone who's releasing work here on the NLSC, our upload facilities are free and open to everyone to use, as long as you have an active Forum account. We want to do our best to preserve any and all files that are uploaded so that great updates don't get lost over time, so please feel free to make good use of the facilities!

If you run into any issues with the upload form, check out this video tutorial:

phpBB [video]

NLSC Uploads vs Adding External Links

It's perfectly fine to add files using external links, and we understand that there are reasons why this may be preferable, or indeed necessary given our file size limit. However, for any files within the size limit, please consider uploading or mirroring them on our server. In the past couple of years, we've had to delete a lot of files from the database due to links that have become broken within a few months of being posted. We'd like to avoid that as much as possible moving forward, so I'd really like to encourage everyone to consider uploading files here, rather than to places where files end up being deleted automatically. Thank you for your consideration!

Regarding Ad Links

As of this moment, ad links are allowed under our rules. However, they are becoming problematic. Many of them have a tendency to redirect to adult content or try to install adware/spyware, which is something we want to avoid. Furthermore, in addition to the aforementioned issue of files getting lost because they're being uploaded to hosts that remove files after a set duration or period of inactivity, some contributors are sending people through multiple ad links before reaching the actual file download. Please do not do this, as it's unfair to the community.

We recommend using a tip jar (such as PayPal donation button, Patreon, or other such services for supporting content creators) rather than ad links. If the situation with ad links gets out of hand, we may be forced to amend our policies.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Our Downloads Database & Upload Facilities

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:53 am

Thank you for addressing the ad links. Really was problematic last game, of course it’s nothing new
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

It's something we're going to have to further discuss as a community, because I can see it continuing to be a problem.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby daddy123 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 am

I dont have a problem clicking on one AD but some of the links had me waiting 30 seconds, jumping through 3 ADs. Glad it is being talked about (Y)
daddy123

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:34 pm

daddy123 wrote:I dont have a problem clicking on one AD but some of the links had me waiting 30 seconds, jumping through 3 ADs. Glad it is being talked about (Y)

I blatantly stopped supporting those with ad links now that my daughter is playing the game with me. I can't event take a chance at getting adult pop ups. Happened way too much in the past.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:29 am

So I have been having an issue getting the NBA 2K 17 Explorer file workable. First, took a minute to find a working link...found one, but when it downloads, it is downloading to Adobe. Problem with that is Adobe says the file is un readable for one of several reasons, no idea on my end. Anyway, is there an alternative to Adobe that I can download that the file will be usable with? The file and link do not prompt me to name a location it just downloads into Adobe.
Kenny4118

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:58 am

That's kind of off-topic there, as this isn't a topic for troubleshooting specific files. However, it sounds like your computer is trying to open archive files in Adobe, which isn't right. I'd recommend downloading or reinstalling 7-Zip to repair the file associations, so that archives open up with the right program. They definitely shouldn't be opening in Adobe, which is only for PDF files, not .zip, .rar, and .7z archives. Once that's sorted, you should be able to open it up as normal.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny4118 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Sorry, I don't want to pollute the board, but wasn't sure where to ask it. Thanks for the answer, and please feel free to remove from the thread.
Kenny4118

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:37 pm

No worries. You can definitely start new topics to ask about stuff like this, so it's all good. Hope that solves the problem!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby LBL on Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:52 pm

Can you reupload NBA 2K20 Limnono Tool 1.0?
LBL

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:42 am

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby LBL on Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:04 am

Thank you!
LBL

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding