(RobDavis) Fictional College Hoops

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: (RobDavis) College Hoops New Update Released!

Postby bongo88 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:45 am

Mod is amazing.
Thanks for all your hard work.
bongo88

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 am

Adding install video to first post. Also people have brought to my attention that the basketball reflections are different in the small arenas. I think this is because of the lighting in the bigger arenas vs the smaller ones. Not sure if there is a fix for it but I'll look.
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby dweeks82 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 am

This mod is fantastic, but I'm encountering a repeated issue that is really killing doing anything in the roster menu. If you scroll through teams too fast, or if you cycle through player cards, it completely crashes out the game.
dweeks82

Postby Aeronix on Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi, I have a problem when trying to load the teams that replace Classic Teams they just come out as they are in the 2K default roster, so I can't play with those teams. I have NBA 2K.exe version 5, please if anybody could help it would mean a lot
Aeronix

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:23 am

Aeronix wrote:Hi, I have a problem when trying to load the teams that replace Classic Teams they just come out as they are in the 2K default roster, so I can't play with those teams. I have NBA 2K.exe version 5, please if anybody could help it would mean a lot

That sounds like you are not using the correct roster. What is the title of the roster you are using?
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobDavis on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:10 pm

dweeks82 wrote:This mod is fantastic, but I'm encountering a repeated issue that is really killing doing anything in the roster menu. If you scroll through teams too fast, or if you cycle through player cards, it completely crashes out the game.

are you using any tools to roster edit?
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 pm

Aeronix wrote:Hi, I have a problem when trying to load the teams that replace Classic Teams they just come out as they are in the 2K default roster, so I can't play with those teams. I have NBA 2K.exe version 5, please if anybody could help it would mean a lot

Yea make sure your using the right roster
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Aeronix on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:42 am

I'm using your Offline Roster because I can't go online
Aeronix

Postby RobDavis on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:48 am

Aeronix wrote:I'm using your Offline Roster because I can't go online

Yea im not to familiar with using the offline roster so I cant troubleshoot. I've just uploaded the roster file and descriptions and people have gotten it to work in the past. Sorry im not to much help when it comes to that.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 am

I used the offline roster and everything works perfect. I only say "perfect" because I had issues with online roster and offline roster fixed it.

EDIT:
The "Classic" teams are just there so the game doesn't crash. They are not supposed to be colleges. The Normal teams and All time teams are the colleges.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Aeronix on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:39 am

Ah, thank you, I didn't realize that I thought that CLassic teams were supposed to be replaced as well.
Aeronix

Postby InFaMouS ny on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:32 am

not sure if youre aware but using the looyh roster tool you can switch a team from historic or all time to normal and the team will show up in the current nba team list when selecting a team. im not sure if there is a limit on how many teams you can add though.

InFaMouS ny

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:02 am

That would affect myleague compatibility.

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby InFaMouS ny on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 am

TGsoGood wrote:That would affect myleague compatibility.

even a custom myleague?
Last edited by InFaMouS ny on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
InFaMouS ny

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 am

I think so. I had it happen to me at least

TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:13 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:That would affect myleague compatibility.

even a custom myleague?

edit: i just tested and the teams don't show up in custom myleague either. I'll switch it back on my end.

Yea for myleague you need to have 30 teams only in current so don't touch that number. You also need the historic teams so don't touch those. You can have unlimited teams in all-time from my experience. Long as you don't have over 30 current and you keep the historic 60-10's you shouldn't have any crashes.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby InFaMouS ny on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 am

i just started an 36 team custom myleague with them all as current nba teams and it worked.

InFaMouS ny

Postby Shuajota on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:not sure if youre aware but using the looyh roster tool you can switch a team from historic or all time to normal and the team will show up in the current nba team list when selecting a team. im not sure if there is a limit on how many teams you can add though.

[ Image ]

I did that in my PCBasket roster months ago via cheat engine and I noticed that we cannot change many teams. There is a limit that we must respect, in historic teams there must be a minimum of 55 teams I think. If we don't respect that structure, we can experience crashes at the beginning of the second season. I hope this tool fixes the problem.
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Postby InFaMouS ny on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:33 am

Shuajota wrote:
InFaMouS ny wrote:not sure if youre aware but using the looyh roster tool you can switch a team from historic or all time to normal and the team will show up in the current nba team list when selecting a team. im not sure if there is a limit on how many teams you can add though.

[ Image ]

I did that in my PCBasket roster months ago via cheat engine and I noticed that we cannot change many teams. There is a limit that we must respect, in historic teams there must be a minimum of 55 teams I think. If we don't respect that structure, we can experience crashes at the beginning of the second season. I hope this tool fixes the problem.

oh ok thanks for the tip, my roster really isnt a multi year roster so i should be good to use this method still im guessing.
InFaMouS ny

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:45 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:
Shuajota wrote:

[ Image ]

oh ok thanks for the tip, my roster really isnt a multi year roster so i should be good to use this method still im guessing.

yea i would sim atleast 5 seasons to be sure. Now that I think about it the only issue u may run into throwing everything into current is if someone tried to copy the roster to take it into mycareer. Not alot of people do it but some do. Thats the only reason i left the current team number at 30.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Beefi on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Is it possible to rename the march madness files to something like s999 and f999 and just use Looyh's hook to switch them on the fly?
Beefi

Postby GoZags on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:41 am

rob, i hate to be such a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to play nba2k20 with college rosters for 3 months now and haven't been able to. i've downloaded all of your ncaa mod files and put them in the directories and folders you mention, but when i get into the game, all i get is the nba crap no matter if i click "my team', 'my league', or what. i've tried to click on custom league or upload from other users, etc. i can't find anywhere where i can get into the college stuff or access any other roster other than the default nba rosters or teams. i'd sure appreciate your patience and help to get me going on this. i can't find any place on the game either that lets me play offline.
GoZags

Postby wired71 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:25 am

GoZags wrote:rob, i hate to be such a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to play nba2k20 with college rosters for 3 months now and haven't been able to. i've downloaded all of your ncaa mod files and put them in the directories and folders you mention, but when i get into the game, all i get is the nba crap no matter if i click "my team', 'my league', or what. i've tried to click on custom league or upload from other users, etc. i can't find anywhere where i can get into the college stuff or access any other roster other than the default nba rosters or teams. i'd sure appreciate your patience and help to get me going on this. i can't find any place on the game either that lets me play offline.

If you follow the step by step instructions....it will work.

1. Did you follow installation steps one by one that he outlines on the very first post? You need everything he has outlined in post #. Hook, Roster Files, etc
2. I assume you got the roster file from online as well?

Maybe some screen shots of what you have might help us guide you. But there are no issues with getting the mod to work off what is posted. But you have to follow the steps. He even recently posted a YT video showing you how install.

Suggest you watch this. But happy to help if you post some screen shots of what you've done to date.
wired71

Postby RobDavis on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:58 am

Shoot me a message on twitter facebook or instagram...

GoZags wrote:rob, i hate to be such a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to play nba2k20 with college rosters for 3 months now and haven't been able to. i've downloaded all of your ncaa mod files and put them in the directories and folders you mention, but when i get into the game, all i get is the nba crap no matter if i click "my team', 'my league', or what. i've tried to click on custom league or upload from other users, etc. i can't find anywhere where i can get into the college stuff or access any other roster other than the default nba rosters or teams. i'd sure appreciate your patience and help to get me going on this. i can't find any place on the game either that lets me play offline.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby Badd on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 am

Hey Rob,

I have an issue with the Louisville roster causing the game to hang/freeze. Appears to be with the CF's on the last 5-6 guys in the roster. I can view the first 9-10 players and the jerseys show up fine in quick play mode. Tried reinstalling the main files and update. Also DL the roster again. Game hangs when trying to view those last few players on the Louisville roster (only team I've came across the issue with so far) I think it starts with J. Martin on the Louisville roster. Game also hangs when loading a game with Louisville as one of the teams. May be a corrupted download. Which part of the mod would I need to re-download to fix CF issues? I have Louisville in My League and hangs when I try to play them (running with LSU).
Badd

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding