(RobDavis) Fictional College Hoops

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: (RobDavis) College Hoops New Update Released!

Postby RobDavis on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:45 pm

Im not using any external cyberfaces everything is in the game. Are you using my mod with any other mods? Only thing I can think of is the roster just bugging out. I'm in myleague and one of the guys went Invisible one game then came back the next and I didnt touch it lol.

Badd wrote:Hey Rob,

I have an issue with the Louisville roster causing the game to hang/freeze. Appears to be with the CF's on the last 5-6 guys in the roster. I can view the first 9-10 players and the jerseys show up fine in quick play mode. Tried reinstalling the main files and update. Also DL the roster again. Game hangs when trying to view those last few players on the Louisville roster (only team I've came across the issue with so far) I think it starts with J. Martin on the Louisville roster. Game also hangs when loading a game with Louisville as one of the teams. May be a corrupted download. Which part of the mod would I need to re-download to fix CF issues? I have Louisville in My League and hangs when I try to play them (running with LSU).
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby Badd on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 am

Thought it was just generic faces. Been testing teams and also ran into the issue with Michigan St. I have other mods installed, but I use JSGME (been using this since 2K13) to switch out mods. Even tried the All-In-One mod and same issue. Will try verifying game files with Steam and see if it's an issue in base 2K20. Thanks for the mod.
Badd

Postby ZayWashington on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:49 am

I removed my original waigua from directory and replaced it with yours countless times with no success for months, but simply renaming it like you pointed out in the vid made the mod work....wow. Thank you bro
ZayWashington

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:55 pm

ZayWashington wrote:I removed my original waigua from directory and replaced it with yours countless times with no success for months, but simply renaming it like you pointed out in the vid made the mod work....wow. Thank you bro

good to hear....
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Badd wrote:Thought it was just generic faces. Been testing teams and also ran into the issue with Michigan St. I have other mods installed, but I use JSGME (been using this since 2K13) to switch out mods. Even tried the All-In-One mod and same issue. Will try verifying game files with Steam and see if it's an issue in base 2K20. Thanks for the mod.

Im using JSGME as well and for some reason this year ive been having to enable and disable mods over and over sometimes.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby InFaMouS ny on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:05 am

2019-20 Memphis Court Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/eji47i6t ... t.zip/file

https://www.sportsfloorsinc.com/sfi_pro ... rendering/

came across this site, it helped me with the new memphis court design.
Last edited by InFaMouS ny on Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
InFaMouS ny

Postby wired71 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:35 pm

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn thats :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
wired71

Postby ZayWashington on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:47 pm

That's Heat Infamous!! :fire: :fire: …Was playing earlier and wondered if anyone considered or is up to create preseason tourney floors? like the NIT or Jimmy V Classic to swap in and out :bowdown:
ZayWashington

Postby GoZags on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:46 am

wired71 wrote:
GoZags wrote:rob, i hate to be such a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to play nba2k20 with college rosters for 3 months now and haven't been able to. i've downloaded all of your ncaa mod files and put them in the directories and folders you mention, but when i get into the game, all i get is the nba crap no matter if i click "my team', 'my league', or what. i've tried to click on custom league or upload from other users, etc. i can't find anywhere where i can get into the college stuff or access any other roster other than the default nba rosters or teams. i'd sure appreciate your patience and help to get me going on this. i can't find any place on the game either that lets me play offline.

If you follow the step by step instructions....it will work.

1. Did you follow installation steps one by one that he outlines on the very first post? You need everything he has outlined in post #. Hook, Roster Files, etc
2. I assume you got the roster file from online as well?

Maybe some screen shots of what you have might help us guide you. But there are no issues with getting the mod to work off what is posted. But you have to follow the steps. He even recently posted a YT video showing you how install.

Suggest you watch this. But happy to help if you post some screen shots of what you've done to date.

i followed all the instructions on the first page of this thread. i'll do it again to see if that helps. the video shows how you can access the roster, etc, but i can't even get that far to get there. i've tried with my league, my team, etc. in the my league screen, i clicked on load custom rosters uploaded by others. it shows me a roster list for about half a second, then pops back to the previous screen. it doesn't stay in that roster screen long enough for me to select a roster. i've also seen references in this thread to the loo editor, but i can't find where to download that. also, as i mentioned in my other post, i can't see
anywhere where i can select offline. i'd have too many screenshots to take up space on this forum, so i'll try the other stuff first. i don't have any of the social media accounts
GoZags

Postby GoZags on Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:44 am

GoZags wrote:
wired71 wrote:
GoZags wrote:rob, i hate to be such a pain in the ass, but i've been trying to play nba2k20 with college rosters for 3 months now and haven't been able to. i've downloaded all of your ncaa mod files and put them in the directories and folders you mention, but when i get into the game, all i get is the nba crap no matter if i click "my team', 'my league', or what. i've tried to click on custom league or upload from other users, etc. i can't find anywhere where i can get into the college stuff or access any other roster other than the default nba rosters or teams. i'd sure appreciate your patience and help to get me going on this. i can't find any place on the game either that lets me play offline.

If you follow the step by step instructions....it will work.

1. Did you follow installation steps one by one that he outlines on the very first post? You need everything he has outlined in post #. Hook, Roster Files, etc
2. I assume you got the roster file from online as well?

Maybe some screen shots of what you have might help us guide you. But there are no issues with getting the mod to work off what is posted. But you have to follow the steps. He even recently posted a YT video showing you how install.

Suggest you watch this. But happy to help if you post some screen shots of what you've done to date.

i followed all the instructions on the first page of this thread. i'll do it again to see if that helps. the video shows how you can access the roster, etc, but i can't even get that far to get there. i've tried with my league, my team, etc. in the my league screen, i clicked on load custom rosters uploaded by others. it shows me a roster list for about half a second, then pops back to the previous screen. it doesn't stay in that roster screen long enough for me to select a roster. i've also seen references in this thread to the loo editor, but i can't find where to download that. also, as i mentioned in my other post, i can't see
anywhere where i can select offline. i'd have too many screenshots to take up space on this forum, so i'll try the other stuff first. i don't have any of the social media accounts

redownloaded and installed all of the files as per instructions on page 1 of this thread. i originally downloaded everything into the steam/steam games directory instead of steam apps. got the game to load fine and went to the my league and that screen came up fine. added gonzaga into that and that worked fine, but when i go to the "features" and click custom rosters, it says loading and shows the custom rosters for only a half second or so. initially i got where i could type in robdavis, but not anymore. now when i load the game, it shows gonzaga as the league name and will only get me the offseason and gm screens and there's no way to get out of those 2 screens without ctrl-alt-del. bear with me for your patience guys - we're getting there
GoZags

Postby Badd on Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:22 pm

RobDavis wrote:
Badd wrote:Thought it was just generic faces. Been testing teams and also ran into the issue with Michigan St. I have other mods installed, but I use JSGME (been using this since 2K13) to switch out mods. Even tried the All-In-One mod and same issue. Will try verifying game files with Steam and see if it's an issue in base 2K20. Thanks for the mod.

Im using JSGME as well and for some reason this year ive been having to enable and disable mods over and over sometimes.

Verified game files via Steam and issue is resolved. Now I can continue My League. Thanks for the great mod!
Badd

Postby videogamersadvocate on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:46 pm

RobDavis, I tip my hat to you. To have a a college roster with this many teams is incredible. Honestly, I feel the fictional aspect works very well because it is at the college level. The jerseys and courts along with the CBS presentation is just really well done. Between this and my old College Hoops 2k8 on the 360, I am more than covered for college basketball now. Thanks for all your work.
videogamersadvocate

Postby kryptonking on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:19 am

RobDavis wrote:11. Download the MyLeague Files (MyLeague Files.rar) unzip and place these folders and files in your modded folder. This is OPTIONAL and is only for people who will be replacing teams in MyLeague

What do these files do, and how do we go about replacing teams?
kryptonking

Postby RobDavis on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 am

Good to hear time to hoop!

Badd wrote:
RobDavis wrote:

Verified game files via Steam and issue is resolved. Now I can continue My League. Thanks for the great mod!
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 am

Haha nice stuff man enjoy

videogamersadvocate wrote:RobDavis, I tip my hat to you. To have a a college roster with this many teams is incredible. Honestly, I feel the fictional aspect works very well because it is at the college level. The jerseys and courts along with the CBS presentation is just really well done. Between this and my old College Hoops 2k8 on the 360, I am more than covered for college basketball now. Thanks for all your work.
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby RobDavis on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 am

If there is a team you want but is not included you have the option of creating the team yourself using the relocation feature in 2K. These files will remove the extra nba logos that will be present when you do this. Pretty much for the immersion aspect of it. Simply take a team you want to swap out and relocate them. Follow this video

phpBB [video]

kryptonking wrote:
RobDavis wrote:11. Download the MyLeague Files (MyLeague Files.rar) unzip and place these folders and files in your modded folder. This is OPTIONAL and is only for people who will be replacing teams in MyLeague

What do these files do, and how do we go about replacing teams?
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby ZayWashington on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:02 am

Cant leave this Mod alone. Too dope. Thank you again....Any traction on preseason/ in-season tourney courts?
ZayWashington

Postby 2freshh2def on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:24 am

where can i get the real rosters from?
2freshh2def

Postby IAmTheWolf22 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Has anyone uploaded all the arenas with the default lighting? If not I'd be more than happy to once I finally get them all done
IAmTheWolf22

Re: (RobDavis) Fictional College Hoops

Postby westham77 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:16 am

My personal addon for Fictional College Hoops :cool:
westham77

Thank you

Postby TreeTop09 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:28 am

Hello Rob! Your mods are amazing and it truly brings back the college basketball experience.

This is extremely detailed and creative. You deserve a great deal of praise from all college sports fans who are gamers (not just basketball fans). Skilled and hard-working people like you are able to bring back opportunities like this that really keep the love for college sports alive and well.

Thank you!
TreeTop09

Postby RobDavis on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:30 am

Nice!

westham77 wrote:My personal addon for Fictional College Hoops :cool:
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Re: Thank you

Postby RobDavis on Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Thanks I appreciate you for checking it out

TreeTop09 wrote:Hello Rob! Your mods are amazing and it truly brings back the college basketball experience.

This is extremely detailed and creative. You deserve a great deal of praise from all college sports fans who are gamers (not just basketball fans). Skilled and hard-working people like you are able to bring back opportunities like this that really keep the love for college sports alive and well.

Thank you!
Producer | YouTuber
YouTube

RobDavis

Postby bongo88 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pm

howdy rob

i finally got around to messing with the logos ... shrinking the canvas size ... usually 800x800 ... didn't touch the textures... centering most (hopefully all) of the logos.

file his here. do what you want with it.... dunno if they work in 2k21.

ncaa logos - rob davis - zoomed and centered
bongo88

Postby THEZayGT5 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Rob! Your mod is great I’m a huge fan. But i want to give a little feedback and some ideas for you, believe you should use arena file s740 for Duke forsure. Gives more Authenticity. Also using the files s065 & s066 really fit some of the better schools arena wise. Other than that like i said huge fan.
THEZayGT5

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding