Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 7/3 UPDATE. Check Thread

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:46 am

rimjiggleman wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
rimjiggleman wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq, incredible work on this. I remember being a kid, collecting cards and playing NBA Courtside and always thinking, "I wish I could do more with this." Your rosters are allowing me to live that out, and I'm immensely thankful for all of your (and everyone else who contributed's!) hard work.

I did want to report two little oddities I ran into while toolin' around with everything.

1) Dino Radja is invisible. I downloaded all the packs and everything looks and feels exactly as it should, except for that (I also had the Eddie Johnson problem, but your recent post in here fixed it). It was in the 1995-96, but when I went back to 1994-95 it was the same deal. He's the only one I'm noticing at the moment. This isn't urgent; since he was oft-injured I can realistically start my season with him on IR lol.

2) I flirted with the idea of starting a 1993-94 season but the Chicago Stadium dornas had a bit of a distracting problem where it would list four of the same sponsors followed by a different one as the fifth panel (hope I'm using the language right; I'm not a creator). I do like the dornas very much, and since I've committed to a 1995-96 I'm mostly just reporting this to your attention. I've play tested a ton of the courts and it's incredible what you all have done!

I'm going to be playing these for a very long time, and thank you for keeping this going.

Were you able to try the SYNC.BIN fix? If it didn't work I can just try to export the Radja cyberface. He, like Eddie Johnson aren't mods, but were added to the files later in the NBA 2k20 cycle.

I see what you mean about the 94 bulls dornas. Seems to be an issue specific to that arena because the others in the 94 season worked great

I'm not entirely sure what the SYNC.BIN fix would be specifically (sorry, new to all this); I did try to just re-download the file in Step 18, overwrote my previous SYNC.BIN in the local folder, and everything is pretty spot on but Dino still isn't showing up, unfortunately.

As for the dornas, I'm not losing sleep over it. Heck if I decide to go back to that season the Bulls are moving out of there anyway, that'll just make a better case for it lol.

Here is the Radja cyberface, I'll add it to the next update https://www.mediafire.com/file/nswpnday ... no.7z/file
Thunder Shaq

Postby salbacef on Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:21 am

Hello, for being one of the best remaining 2k20 chats still alive and with your thunder permission I take this opportunity to thank you for continuing to update the best 2k20 NBA classic teams patch.
I want to ask the followers of this chat if by chance someone has the PCBasket 3.0 Custom Roster offline roster and can share it and thus also have the best FIBA patch that was made for NBA 2k20. Thank you!
salbacef

Postby kaeman5 on Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:51 pm

Hey fellas,

first of all, let me thank you all and especially thunder shaq for his dedication to create something like this. It's not a given these days that people share their love for the game with everyone and therefore I am very grateful! It looks so perfect, but I have troubles to get the offline roster going.

Does someone of you know what to do when the offline roster is still saying "file is corrupted" while trying to load? I was doing the exact same thing as explained in the tutorial video from thunder shaq, but apparently it doesnt work for me or I am too stupid :roll: . Could it be other reasons or does anyone have the same issue here? I just bought the game a week ago, but playing it without the retro rosters is not an option for me, haha.

Some help would be very much appreciated.

A million thanks.
kaeman5

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:44 am

kaeman5 wrote:Hey fellas,

first of all, let me thank you all and especially thunder shaq for his dedication to create something like this. It's not a given these days that people share their love for the game with everyone and therefore I am very grateful! It looks so perfect, but I have troubles to get the offline roster going.

Does someone of you know what to do when the offline roster is still saying "file is corrupted" while trying to load? I was doing the exact same thing as explained in the tutorial video from thunder shaq, but apparently it doesnt work for me or I am too stupid :roll: . Could it be other reasons or does anyone have the same issue here? I just bought the game a week ago, but playing it without the retro rosters is not an option for me, haha.

A million thanks.

This usually happens when you try installing the rosters when you still have the game open or you're missing the correct sync.bin
Thunder Shaq

Postby rimjiggleman on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:02 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
rimjiggleman wrote:I'm not entirely sure what the SYNC.BIN fix would be specifically (sorry, new to all this); I did try to just re-download the file in Step 18, overwrote my previous SYNC.BIN in the local folder, and everything is pretty spot on but Dino still isn't showing up, unfortunately.

As for the dornas, I'm not losing sleep over it. Heck if I decide to go back to that season the Bulls are moving out of there anyway, that'll just make a better case for it lol.

Here is the Radja cyberface, I'll add it to the next update https://www.mediafire.com/file/nswpnday ... no.7z/file

Thank you Thunder Shaq!!

I also figured out how to fix the dornas in Chicago. It was user error; I started modding 2K with 2K22 and it's a lot different (to me anyway), so it took some tinkering for me to figure out how to play around with those textures.
rimjiggleman

Postby kaeman5 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:25 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:

A million thanks.

This usually happens when you try installing the rosters when you still have the game open or you're missing the correct sync.bin

Okay, thank your information. Could you tell me which is the correct sync.bin? Is it the one you advertised on the first page? Because it says "only when its not running on steam" and my game is running on steam.
kaeman5

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:27 am

kaeman5 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

A million thanks.

Okay, thank your information. Could you tell me which is the correct sync.bin? Is it the one you advertised on the first page? Because it says "only when its not running on steam" and my game is running on steam.

I meant when the game is running. You have to do it with the game closed
Thunder Shaq

Postby kaeman5 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:26 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
kaeman5 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

A million thanks.

I tried it again last night, but it didnt work for me. The game was closed, all the steps being followed and it still says "file is corrupted" :( .

kaeman5

Postby kaeman5 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:27 pm

kaeman5 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
kaeman5 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

A million thanks.

I tried it again last night, but it didnt work for me. The game was closed, all the steps being followed and it still says "file is corrupted" :( .
kaeman5

Postby jingskiee5 on Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:45 pm

Hello. Anyone can help. when changing roster the players are invisible when playing ?
jingskiee5

Postby 2freshh2def on Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:55 pm

jingskiee5 wrote:Hello. Anyone can help. when changing roster the players are invisible when playing ?

Im having the same problem... I DL every file and installed ... but atleast one player on every team is invisible
2freshh2def

Postby shawnkemp on Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:53 pm

anyone have dominique wilkins defaut png file?
i lost it and i can play without it anymore
:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
shawnkemp

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:23 am

shawnkemp wrote:anyone have dominique wilkins defaut png file?

Here are the default Wilkins files https://www.mediafire.com/file/9aeaokq2 ... ns.7z/file
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:27 am

For anyone having trouble with invisible players, I recommend download the NBA2k_Hook on the first page. The hook provided in one of the mod packs does not seem to work. Just make sure you swap in the config file that I've provided
Thunder Shaq

Postby shawnkemp on Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:42 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
shawnkemp wrote:anyone have dominique wilkins defaut png file?

Here are the default Wilkins files https://www.mediafire.com/file/9aeaokq2 ... ns.7z/file

you are life saver!!!
thank you
:bowdown2: :bowdown2:
shawnkemp

Postby arsxa on Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:42 am

Hi all,

Running into a strange issue, it's not game breaking but was wondering if anyone was running into it or have a fix for it. When playing MyLeague the career stats and awards history get reset (as in they are blank) for some players but not all. However when I view the Roster outside of MyLeague I can see all that information so it's only happening when I load the roster into MyLeague for some reason. This is using Rosters from the Mod Pack 16/16.

Thanks!
arsxa

Postby Jingdl on Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:38 pm

arsxa wrote:Hi all,

Running into a strange issue, it's not game breaking but was wondering if anyone was running into it or have a fix for it. When playing MyLeague the career stats and awards history get reset (as in they are blank) for some players but not all. However when I view the Roster outside of MyLeague I can see all that information so it's only happening when I load the roster into MyLeague for some reason. This is using Rosters from the Mod Pack 16/16.

Thanks!
Is there any way to play the MC offline?
Jingdl

Postby Jingdl on Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:39 pm

Is there any way to play the MC offline?
Jingdl

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:26 am

Jingdl wrote:Is there any way to play the MC offline?

Since the servers went down, neither MyCareer or Myteam are playable anymore
Thunder Shaq

Postby thomasoffline on Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:56 pm

Hey Thunder Shaq,

Will there be an update to upload the new retro face scans from 2K24?
thomasoffline

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:44 am

thomasoffline wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq,

Will there be an update to upload the new retro face scans from 2K24?

I don't have 2k24. Maybe when it goes on sale I'll get it and see what faces I can bring over
Thunder Shaq

Postby wdt92 on Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:23 am

Hey Thunder Shaq,

I just wanted to verify my suspicion, are the rosters named "Roster" out of date? Like is "1992 Roster" the same as "1992 Season" but just older? Or did you update the All-Stars in the "Roster" files?

Thanks! Appreciate all your work.
wdt92

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:06 pm

wdt92 wrote:Hey Thunder Shaq,

I just wanted to verify my suspicion, are the rosters named "Roster" out of date? Like is "1992 Roster" the same as "1992 Season" but just older? Or did you update the All-Stars in the "Roster" files?

Yes, you're right. At some point I switched to "Season" and that has been the names of the most recently updated files in recent mod packs
Thunder Shaq

Postby wdt92 on Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:48 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:

Yes, you're right. At some point I switched to "Season" and that has been the names of the most recently updated files in recent mod packs

Awesome! These are excellent. I downgraded from 2K23 to 2K20 just to try them and they've been the most fun I've had with 2K since childhood.

That said, I noticed something odd you may be able to help with. Randomly when starting 2K I'll have where none of the mod assets load on start. I have to close the game and reopen it a few times to get them to load back in. Is there a cause that has been identified for this or is it an error uncommon to 2K20 that I am just unlucky to pick up?
wdt92

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:10 pm

wdt92 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Awesome! These are excellent. I downgraded from 2K23 to 2K20 just to try them and they've been the most fun I've had with 2K since childhood.

That said, I noticed something odd you may be able to help with. Randomly when starting 2K I'll have where none of the mod assets load on start. I have to close the game and reopen it a few times to get them to load back in. Is there a cause that has been identified for this or is it an error uncommon to 2K20 that I am just unlucky to pick up?

No, I get that too. I just have to close the game and try again and it works. Sometimes I open up my waigua folder and then load the game and it feels like that solves it, but that might just be superstition. I'm glad you're liking the rosters!
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding