Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: WORKING MyLeague Rosters and V2 Update

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 am

chronoxiong wrote:I installed the 5.96 GB file again and installed them into a new waigua folder. I used CCleaner to delete any duplicate files. But the Bobcats logo is still showing up. I can't figure out which file I need to delete from the waigua folder to get rid of the Bobcats logo and arena graphics when I'm just playing as the Hornets in PlayNow. This sucks.

You’re just going to have a separate waigua or delete logo031. These mods were never designed for current teams to be used
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:27 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:I installed the 5.96 GB file again and installed them into a new waigua folder. I used CCleaner to delete any duplicate files. But the Bobcats logo is still showing up. I can't figure out which file I need to delete from the waigua folder to get rid of the Bobcats logo and arena graphics when I'm just playing as the Hornets in PlayNow. This sucks.

You’re just going to have a separate waigua or delete logo031. These mods were never designed for current teams to be used

I finally did and that solved the issue. I also noticed the logos for the Nets and Mavericks got changed to their old 90's design too. Now that I deleted them, their files are the only ones out of all the logo files that I'm missing in the waigua folder. They are not a necessity right?

Edit: I had logo31.iff and logo31(1).iff in the folder. I deleted that out. The Nets and Mavs were listed as logo17.iff, logo17(1).iff, logo18.iff, and logo18(1).iff
chronoxiong

Postby I_am_JD on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:58 pm

I had the same issue with the Bobcats, Nets... etc. Suggestion, which I think is the best fix is to create a config for your Hook with the current courts. It should solve it.
I_am_JD

Postby Thunder2K20 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:19 am

Well obviously it's still going to show up lol, You just brought over the same mod pack, what I mean by separate waigua's is have one maybe for the URR/Thunder Shaq Retro Pack, and then have another mod pack with none of the Thunder Shaq mods that you would use for Play Now, and then whenever you want to use Thunder Shaq's roster, you have that one be waigua, and whenever you aren't, you'd name it like waigua1
Thunder2K20

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:43 am

Yeah, logically if you want to use current teams, the best solution is to just disable my mod pack by changing the folder name. My mods overwrite a lot of courts, jerseys, faces, logos, and player portraits. It was never designed with 2020 teams in mind
Thunder Shaq

Postby junkyvino on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:00 am

Hi downloaded the rosters correctly but some players including rasheed wallace and Kwame brown are invisible and i cant even see them in the game IDK what to do can someone help me please
junkyvino

Postby junkyvino on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:07 am

rasheed wallace and kwame brown are invisible for me i downloaded the mods correctly does anybody know how to fix this? They sub in to the game and theyre playing but you cant see them
junkyvino

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:59 am

junkyvino wrote:rasheed wallace and kwame brown are invisible for me i downloaded the mods correctly does anybody know how to fix this? They sub in to the game and theyre playing but you cant see them

You may have downloaded the rosters correctly, but you didn't download the mods correctly. Make sure you download the main pack and the add-on pack for everything to work
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:Yeah, logically if you want to use current teams, the best solution is to just disable my mod pack by changing the folder name. My mods overwrite a lot of courts, jerseys, faces, logos, and player portraits. It was never designed with 2020 teams in mind

Well yeah, after my previous posts with thunder2K, I re-downloaded your 5.96 GB mod pack and put them all into a folder where I renamed waigua02. The problem is that my first screwup is still in my game. For example, My Team mode. One of my Kawhi Leonard card's player portrait in the Substition screen is of a player from the past. Same goes for my 99 Jamal Murray card. His substition portratit is of a classic player. What should I do now? Should I just delete everything out of my first waigua folder and start over? I'm frustrated right now. But not at guys. Just didnt know it was going to do this :(

I even tried to message natkra90 for any advice because I am still using his All-In-One mod. He's no longer in this forum.
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:19 am

chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:Yeah, logically if you want to use current teams, the best solution is to just disable my mod pack by changing the folder name. My mods overwrite a lot of courts, jerseys, faces, logos, and player portraits. It was never designed with 2020 teams in mind

Well yeah, after my previous posts with thunder2K, I re-downloaded your 5.96 GB mod pack and put them all into a folder where I renamed waigua02. The problem is that my first screwup is still in my game. For example, My Team mode. One of my Kawhi Leonard card's player portrait in the Substition screen is of a player from the past. Same goes for my 99 Jamal Murray card. His substition portratit is of a classic player. What should I do now? Should I just delete everything out of my first waigua folder and start over? I'm frustrated right now. But not at guys. Just didnt know it was going to do this :(

I even tried to message natkra90 for any advice because I am still using his All-In-One mod. He's no longer in this forum.

I would just delete all the files with the chr_r format if you don't want the portraits
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:44 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:

I would just delete all the files with the chr_r format if you don't want the portraits

That solved the portrait trick. Thank you. I dont know what happened but now Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are not wearing the correct Dream Team uniform. They are now wearing the Redeem Team uniform while the rest of their Dream Team teammates are wearing the correct jersey. Oh man. One problem after another.
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:15 am

chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:

That solved the portrait trick. Thank you. I dont know what happened but now Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are not wearing the correct Dream Team uniform. They are now wearing the Redeem Team uniform while the rest of their Dream Team teammates are wearing the correct jersey. Oh man. One problem after another.

Make sure you download the latest roster. I fixed that in v1 at least
Thunder Shaq

Postby curro on Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:45 am

Hi Thunder Shaq, I was wondering If you have in mind to update charlotte bobcats jerseys, for seasons 2013 and 2014. As far as I know they use the jersey from previous seasons.
Anyway I found a webpage where you can get all the information regarding logos and jerseys for every team in history, there you have.

https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_ ... e_Bobcats/
curro

Postby cartierbjay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:51 pm

I dont know what I could be doing wrong half of the players are invisible or have a random cyberface the courts and jerseys dont change either is there a way you can make a step by step video for the online users? I used the offline method and it still didn't work for me :|
cartierbjay

Postby cartierbjay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Thunder Shaq, dont know what I could be doing wrong half of the players are invisible or have a random cyberface the courts and jerseys dont change either is there a way you can make a step by step video for the online users? I used the offline method and it still didn't work for me. I would LEGIt pay someone to make a full tutorial at this point im new to pc as well...

cartierbjay
cartierbjay

Postby cartierbjay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:02 pm

Thunder Shaq, dont know what I could be doing wrong half of the players are invisible or have a random cyberface the courts and jerseys dont change either is there a way you can make a step by step video for the online users? I used the offline method and it still didn't work for me. I would LEGIt pay someone to make a full tutorial at this point im new to pc as well...

cartierbjay
cartierbjay

Postby cartierbjay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:03 pm

cartierbjay
cartierbjay

Postby cartierbjay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:03 pm

cartierbjay
cartierbjay

Postby cartierbjay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:54 pm

cartierbjay
cartierbjay

Postby smatz151 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:03 am

Any plans for a 04-05 and or 05-06 season mod?
smatz151

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:37 am

@curro- In the future I may add the proper jerseys as long as I have the jersey slot, I just don't believe anybody made those yet and I never got around to it.

@cartierbjay- Feel free to not spam the thread :crazyeyes: This seems pretty clear that your mod pack isn't loading for various reasons. I would make sure you watch a modding tutorial just to be sure you are doing it correctly.

@smatz151- The framework is in place to work my way down to those rosters (having a 2007 roster), but as of right now, I am not in the process of working on those seasons as I was a bit burnt out
Thunder Shaq

Postby cartierbjay on Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:25 am

can you send a link ive seen the more popular ones.
cartierbjay

Postby smatz151 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:58 am

It seems Steve Nash on the 2007 and 2010 rosters (the only ones i have checked so far) has some rips and holes in his jersey and shorts. Is anyone else noticing this and or has a fix for it?
smatz151

Postby avetru on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Does anyone know a website/resource that has player contracts broken down for later seasons? I wanted to start editing the contracts in 06-07 roster, but can't find a site with contract breakdowns for that far back.
avetru

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:35 pm

avetru wrote:Does anyone know a website/resource that has player contracts broken down for later seasons? I wanted to start editing the contracts in 06-07 roster, but can't find a site with contract breakdowns for that far back.

Basketballreference.com is probably the best option
Thunder Shaq

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding