Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: Offline Rosters and 2007-2016 Rosters Released!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:30 am

curro wrote:May I request something? It would be awesome if you get every season roster from 80s to current season. I think that would be the best wet dream of all the nlsc community.
I am definitively going to buy nba 2k20 to try this amazing project.
And last thing, this mod is going to move on to nba 2k21?

Not much of an 80s guy, so if it does happen, it likely won't be from me. I started working on the 2k21 roster, but decided to stop. Found it to be a waste of time considering I don't find 2k21 to be an upgrade over 2k20, so I would basically be doing all my work again with no benefit.
Thunder Shaq

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: Offline Rosters and 2007-2016 Rosters Released!

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:13 pm

We may have working MyLeague rosters coming soon for both versions of the Ultimate Retro Roster :lol:
Thunder Shaq

Postby fondairplane_814 on Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:56 am

Where can i get the draft classes that you made for the 97 mod?
fondairplane_814

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:13 pm

fondairplane_814 wrote:Where can i get the draft classes that you made for the 97 mod?

They should still be linked in the 1997 thread
Thunder Shaq

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: WORKING MyLeague Rosters and V2 Update

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:23 am

Coming out with an update for V2 of the Ultimate Retro Roster (also some necessary updates to V1 to make sure proper jerseys show up for all players).

New Teams available for V2 of the URR:
-2008-09 Lakers (replaces 2010 Lakers)
-1998-99 Spurs (replaces 1995 Spurs)
-2005-06 Suns (replaces 2005 Suns)
-2011-12 76ers (replaces 1983 76ers)
-2012-13 Bucks (replaces 2006 Bucks)
-2010-11 Trail Blazers (replaces 1983 Lakers)
-2016-17 Bulls
-2016-17 Knicks
-2017-18 Rockets (replaces 1995 Rockets)

In HUGE news thanks to user Thunder2K20, we now have WORKING MyLeague rosters for the Ultimate Retro Rosters V1 and V2 (Also, a lot of his portraits are in this add-on pack). The fix seems to be:

-Download one of the rosters with MyLeague in the name in the modpack
-In MyLeague, go to customize league and you MUST add at least one expansion team

Here is the download: (includes necessary added mods and portraits as well as 4 rosters), add the mods to the Waigua folder
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fc71uduv ... ns.7z/file

Thunder Shaq

Postby I_am_JD on Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:05 pm

Thanks a bunch for this. Can you provide us an instruction on how to add this (e.g. renaming URR V1 MyLeague to MyLeaguexxxx). It crashes when I do it after the 6th team is added to the custom screen. I think the instructional part is missing.
I_am_JD

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:41 pm

I_am_JD wrote:Thanks a bunch for this. Can you provide us an instruction on how to add this (e.g. renaming URR V1 MyLeague to MyLeaguexxxx). It crashes when I do it after the 6th team is added to the custom screen. I think the instructional part is missing.

Those are roster files, not MyLeague files. You’d install them like any other offline rosters. It seems you can’t utilize all 6 expansion slots. I believe I got 4 to work
Thunder Shaq

Postby I_am_JD on Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:49 pm

To be clear I'm just in the adding the teams part not the expansion slot when it crashes. It crashes after I add team number 6.
I_am_JD

Postby Thunder2K20 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:12 pm

I_am_JD wrote:To be clear I'm just in the adding the teams part not the expansion slot when it crashes. It crashes after I add team number 6.

Are you using the MyLeague rosters? Make sure you are, and If you're not and don't know to install offline files, use the tutorial Thunder Shaq linked. The rosters work perfectly fine in MyLeague
Thunder2K20

Postby curro on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi there, I found an issue regarding season 2016, utah jazz arena is wrong, it should be vivint smart home arena, correct me if I'm wrong.
Fantastic mod.

Greetings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
curro

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:24 pm

curro wrote:Hi there, I found an issue regarding season 2016, utah jazz arena is wrong, it should be vivint smart home arena, correct me if I'm wrong.
Fantastic mod.

Greetings

I’ll look at it later today. Thanks!
Thunder Shaq

Postby DaPrazident5B on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:45 am

Excellent news !!!
Did you manage to figure out what was the reason 2012 or 2014 rosters are crashing ?

Thanks again dude.
DaPrazident5B

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:09 am

DaPrazident5B wrote:Excellent news !!!
Did you manage to figure out what was the reason 2012 or 2014 rosters are crashing ?

Thanks again dude.

I didn’t test it personally but I was told the method that makes the URR work in MyLeague is the same for 2013 and 2014 for whatever reason. So I guess if you just add an expansion team full of generics, I guess it loads
Thunder Shaq

Postby DaPrazident5B on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:26 am

Thanks Thunder Shaq!!!!

It worked perfectly.
Beautiful basketball... Here we go !!!!

Did you plan to create someday 2003-04 season roster ?
First in the league for the tres amigos, Pistons title, Garnett MVP!!!
DaPrazident5B

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:12 am

DaPrazident5B wrote:Thanks Thunder Shaq!!!!

It worked perfectly.
Beautiful basketball... Here we go !!!!

Did you plan to create someday 2003-04 season roster ?
First in the league for the tres amigos, Pistons title, Garnett MVP!!!

Considering I won’t be moving to 2k21, I’m open to the possibility of me doing more rosters. Nothing major right now because I’m taking a break from huge rosters at the moment. I think the pieces are in place for future rosters though
Thunder Shaq

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:04 am

curro wrote:Hi there, I found an issue regarding season 2016, utah jazz arena is wrong, it should be vivint smart home arena, correct me if I'm wrong.
Fantastic mod.

Greetings

Is this in MyLeague? It shows up just fine for me on regular play now but I didn't test MyLeague
Thunder Shaq

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:28 pm

I am getting so frustrated at this. Not at you guys, the modders though. The Bobcats logo is popping up in the Hornets arena whenever I try to play a PlayNow game. This is when I'm not using any of your Retro rosters @thunder shaq. There are times I want to use the current rosters that people are constantly updating. They appear in the stadium graphics too. What do I to get rid of them? Ugh...
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder2K20 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:40 pm

chronoxiong wrote:I am getting so frustrated at this. Not at you guys, the modders though. The Bobcats logo is popping up in the Hornets arena whenever I try to play a PlayNow game. This is when I'm not using any of your Retro rosters @thunder shaq. There are times I want to use the current rosters that people are constantly updating. They appear in the stadium graphics too. What do I to get rid of them? Ugh...

That's because you have the mod pack on while your in Quick Play, a simple fix is just exiting out of the game, renaming the waigua folder to something like waigua1 (This disables the mods, and whenever you want to use the rosters again you rename it back to waigua) and you should be fine
Thunder2K20

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Thunder2K20 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:I am getting so frustrated at this. Not at you guys, the modders though. The Bobcats logo is popping up in the Hornets arena whenever I try to play a PlayNow game. This is when I'm not using any of your Retro rosters @thunder shaq. There are times I want to use the current rosters that people are constantly updating. They appear in the stadium graphics too. What do I to get rid of them? Ugh...

That's because you have the mod pack on while your in Quick Play, a simple fix is just exiting out of the game, renaming the waigua folder to something like waigua1 (This disables the mods, and whenever you want to use the rosters again you rename it back to waigua) and you should be fine

Ok that makes sense. But I have all these other mods installed too. I never un-installed natkra's All In One mod because whenever I play as your retro teams, they have their own dornas and scoreboards being used. Thats why I like it because I like to have this to be close to accurate as possible. For example, if I play as one of the mid 2010's teams, natkra has them using the ESPN scoreboard from the mid 2010s. And not the default 2K scoreboard. I really dont know what to do unless I start over from scratch by deleting everything and putting in my mods. But thats tiresome for me to think of.
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder2K20 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:55 pm

chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder2K20 wrote:

Ok that makes sense. But I have all these other mods installed too. I never un-installed natkra's All In One mod because whenever I play as your retro teams, they have their own dornas and scoreboards being used. Thats why I like it because I like to have this to be close to accurate as possible. For example, if I play as one of the mid 2010's teams, natkra has them using the ESPN scoreboard from the mid 2010s. And not the default 2K scoreboard. I really dont know what to do unless I start over from scratch by deleting everything and putting in my mods. But thats tiresome for me to think of.

Hmm, I would recommend having separate waigua folders. Me personally I have different waiguas for different mods. For you, you could have one waigua for Thunder Shaq's roster and then for, let's say normal games with things like scoreboards and graphic mods, you could have a separate one. Whenever you aren't using one, like I said, just name it waigua1 or something like that
Thunder2K20

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Thunder2K20 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder2K20 wrote:

Hmm, I would recommend having separate waigua folders. Me personally I have different waiguas for different mods. For you, you could have one waigua for Thunder Shaq's roster and then for, let's say normal games with things like scoreboards and graphic mods, you could have a separate one. Whenever you aren't using one, like I said, just name it waigua1 or something like that

Good idea. I dont know why I didn't think of that. I remember you told me pages ago to possibly make different waigua folders and rename them when needed. I should have done that. I am really frustrated right now. So this means I need to figure out which files to get out of the original waigua folder and copy and paste them another folder. Or should I just re-dl your 5.96 gb file and then use that to locate which ones I need to move?
chronoxiong

Postby Thunder2K20 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:08 pm

chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder2K20 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder2K20 wrote:

Good idea. I dont know why I didn't think of that. I remember you told me pages ago to possibly make different waigua folders and rename them when needed. I should have done that. I am really frustrated right now. So this means I need to figure out which files to get out of the original waigua folder and copy and paste them another folder. Or should I just re-dl your 5.96 gb file and then use that to locate which ones I need to move?

I'm not Thunder Shaq by the way, just to clear any confusion, I've helped him with the roster but that's about it
Thunder2K20

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Thunder2K20 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder2K20 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
Thunder2K20 wrote:

I'm not Thunder Shaq by the way, just to clear any confusion, I've helped him with the roster but that's about it

Oh yeah, duh lol. My bad. Thats what happens when I'm trying to multi-task. I might have to do what you suggest because we have no clue when natkra will ever be back to help mod for this game again.
chronoxiong

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:12 pm

I installed the 5.96 GB file again and installed them into a new waigua folder. I used CCleaner to delete any duplicate files. But the Bobcats logo is still showing up. I can't figure out which file I need to delete from the waigua folder to get rid of the Bobcats logo and arena graphics when I'm just playing as the Hornets in PlayNow. This sucks.
chronoxiong

Postby curro on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Fantastic mod.

Greetings

Is this in MyLeague? It shows up just fine for me on regular play now but I didn't test MyLeague

It was play now game mode, nevertheless I managed to sort the problem out. No more energy solutions arena for utah jazz 2016. It was just my bad, for some reason I renamed roster 0001 to 2016 roster, and that was what it was causing problems.
Than you so much Thunder Shaq.
curro

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding