Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2024 Season Update , 2004 + 2007 All-Star Teams

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster NBA 2k20: 2023 Roster Update Released!

Postby Leander on Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:43 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Leander wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:When you're swapping the roster files, make sure it is with the game closed. I would also name it roster0005 and then replace the current file rather than delete it

Still does not work. :( I downloaded "Ultimate Retro Pack 7 of 9". It has rosters from 1993 to 2019.

I click "Create new roster", select the first entry (normal roster, not user created), press B to go back, save the roster, e.g. "NBA 9596"...then close the game...go to the folder, rename the newly created file, e.g. "Roster0002" "xRoster0002"...then copy your roster 1996Roster and name it "Roster0002.

I only get corrupted file errors. :(

I would recommend you download all of the mod packs as I've made a lot of nice updates since mod pack 7. The quality of the rosters have gotten much better. You're free to use whatever roster files you want, but those are going to be pretty outdated in quality. There are newer versions of the roster files in later mod packs

Don't rename any of the files in the remote folder, just overwrite it. For example:

1. Save a roster in your game (for example roster0002)
2. close the game
3. Rename the roster file from my mod pack to whatever that file name is (change 1996 season to roster0002). Do this either in the mod pack folder or drag it to your desktop and change the name. DON'T touch the files in your remote folder during this
4. Drag this file into the remote folder. It will say the "destination already has a file with this name" or something. Select the option to replace it. Don't mess with the files or file names within the remote folder, only replace them with files of an identical name

Thanks. I will download everything again.
Leander

Postby fragsnipa on Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:12 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
fragsnipa wrote:Thank you for keeping NBA 2k20 alive :bowdown: :bowdown2: , are the coaches updated too.

Coaches are updated if you are talking about the 2023 roster. Except for the Nate McMillan firing as he was let go after this update was released

That is awesome, Nate McMillian update will be easy for me. Once again thank you so much and everybody that has contribute to this wonderful project. I refuse to buy another nba 2k game until 2k stop disrespecting the PC community by keep releasing the same last gen version of this game. We should of already been on next gen version already. Its very disrespectful what they are doing.
fragsnipa

Postby Leander on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:40 am

I hope I've done everything correctly. There is a ton of waigua files again and again...and for rosters, I will use those in "Ultimate Retro Pack 13 of 13". Yesterday, I used those in pack 6 or 7...they seem to be older.
Leander

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:46 am

Leander wrote:I hope I've done everything correctly. There is a ton of waigua files again and again...and for rosters, I will use those in "Ultimate Retro Pack 13 of 13". Yesterday, I used those in pack 6 or 7...they seem to be older.

Use whatever are the latest rosters. I think you're right that pack 13 is the most recent time I provided files for every roster, they should be the most up to date
Thunder Shaq

Postby Leander on Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:56 am

Does not work. Is sync.bin required as we can no longer play the game online (servers down)? Where does the file to to?

Just uploaded a video what I do to create a roster. Does not work. When selecting the default roster I get a text popup ...maybe this is the problem?

phpBB [video]
Leander

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:09 am

Leander wrote:Does not work. Is sync.bin required as we can no longer play the game online (servers down)? Where does the file to to?

Just uploaded a video what I do to create a roster. Does not work. When selecting the default roster I get a text popup ...maybe this is the problem?

phpBB [video]

Message me in private messages. Probably better than us going back and forth in the main thread (Y)
Thunder Shaq

Postby Leander on Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:39 am

Ok, thanks :)

EDIT Works now, thank you very much! :)
Leander

Postby Thunder Shaq on Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:52 pm

Testing some generic retro dornas from Nakra90's pack

90s

2000s

phpBB [video]
Thunder Shaq

Postby MSC2k22 on Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:08 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:Testing some generic retro dornas from Nakra90's pack

oh this is awesome and such a nice addition to this already great set! Great work Thunder Shaq! (Y) :fire:
“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.“– Tim Duncan
MSC2k22

Postby Thunder Shaq on Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:41 am

MSC2k22 wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:Testing some generic retro dornas from Nakra90's pack

oh this is awesome and such a nice addition to this already great set! Great work Thunder Shaq! (Y) :fire:

It’s probably the most requested thing I get, so I figured I’d try to get some era specific dornas to help with immersion. Unfortunately due to the sheer size of the mod, it’s unrealistic to add team specific dornas across 40+ rosters. I’m thinking:

-80s era dornas (if I can find/make some)
-dornas to represent 90-99
-dornas for early 2000s
-dornas for 2010s

I’m going to have to do a lot of manual editing and updates to each roster
Thunder Shaq

Re: Ultimate Retro Roster is BACK for 2k20! (Thunder Shaq)

Postby jayversustheworld on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:14 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
jayversustheworld wrote:my 2k20 mods still arent working well for me. most players are invisible, black courts, BUT the scoreboard and the rosters are working. i really would appreciate the help. im new to this, but im pretty sure i did everything i was supposed to do. where do you think the problem might be from?

Make sure you download the Hook tool in step 16 on page 1 of this thread. Also make sure to swap out the config file from the one from the mod pack

what config file??? i just placed the NBA hook from the link on your page. nothing changed. really tryna make this workk
jayversustheworld

Postby MSC2k22 on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:40 pm

Thunder Shaq wrote:
-80s era dornas (if I can find/make some)
-dornas to represent 90-99
-dornas for early 2000s
-dornas for 2010s

That is a great idea! (Y)
“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.“– Tim Duncan
MSC2k22

Postby AstroNinjaBen on Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:57 pm

Hey TS, i checked out your all-time roster, really love it but for some reason, orlando dwight howard has that silly thing on his head instead of his classic clean shaved look, i also tried going into the 2009 roster to see if i could just swap appearence but to my surprise it was the same there.

Idk man, just doesn't feel right seeing my man Dwight in orlando looking like a plant started growing on his head, that s*** is reserved for his later years with the hawks and LA, could you do us a solid and switch out that cyberface? haven't checked but i assume dwight's one season in LA with kobe also suffers from the same problem.

Thanks!
AstroNinjaBen

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:29 am

AstroNinjaBen wrote:Hey TS, i checked out your all-time roster, really love it but for some reason, orlando dwight howard has that silly thing on his head instead of his classic clean shaved look, i also tried going into the 2009 roster to see if i could just swap appearence but to my surprise it was the same there.

Idk man, just doesn't feel right seeing my man Dwight in orlando looking like a plant started growing on his head, that s*** is reserved for his later years with the hawks and LA, could you do us a solid and switch out that cyberface? haven't checked but i assume dwight's one season in LA with kobe also suffers from the same problem.

Thanks!

This is how Dwight looks for me. I would make sure your mods are loading or if you didn't install any other mods on top of this roster

Thunder Shaq

Postby Leander on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:32 am

I'm having a problem with your roster. Selected the 1995 roster (it works in Play now well) and started a MyLeague with 14 teams, fantasy draft, serpentine order. Spent some time selecting players. Then I drafted player 14 and nothing happens. All I could do was to sim the draft (there was no "draft ended, continue" button)...I had to press X to sim the draft although it was already over...then the game started an infinite loop, a sound was played back infinitely...but the draft did not end.

Is this related to your roster or a game bug? What to do?
Leander

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Leander wrote:I'm having a problem with your roster. Selected the 1995 roster (it works in Play now well) and started a MyLeague with 14 teams, fantasy draft, serpentine order. Spent some time selecting players. Then I drafted player 14 and nothing happens. All I could do was to sim the draft (there was no "draft ended, continue" button)...I had to press X to sim the draft although it was already over...then the game started an infinite loop, a sound was played back infinitely...but the draft did not end.

Is this related to your roster or a game bug? What to do?

I think it's because there were only 27 real teams filled with players, the game thinks there isn't enough "real" players to do a 30 team draft. It also looks like the computer doesn't like drafting the "retro filler" players, so it runs out of players to draft before it finishes.

The solution I just tested was taking control of a couple "Expansion Teams" (alongside whatever team you want to use) and forcing them to take retro fillers. I was able to finish the draft by controlling two of those teams and filling them with the filler players while the other teams picked from the pool

Thunder Shaq

Postby Leander on Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Thanks. Ah, ok...it worked with my last season. I don't remember if I loaded your roster and your edited roster I had filled with R. Filler players. I will test it again with random players without spending time to pick mine manually.

EDIT Ok, both 1995 and 1996 rosters have this problem.

I'm in roster editing mode now and all teams have 14 or 15 players. Every team needs to pick 14 only...why is this bug triggered?

By the way, what is "Expansion team" with Tree Rollins on it?
Leander

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Leander wrote:Thanks. Ah, ok...it worked with my last season. I don't remember if I loaded your roster and your edited roster I had filled with R. Filler players. I will test it again with random players without spending time to pick mine manually.

I'm in roster editing mode now and all teams have 14 or 15 players. Every team needs to pick 14 only...why is this bug triggered?

It's a "bug" because the fantasy draft is designed for 30 teams not 27 and the CPU doesn't seem to draft R. Fillers or a bunch of the "John Smiths". Just follow what I did to fix the fantasy draft. The "Expansion" teams are Memphis/Vancouver, Toronto, and New Orleans. I filled them with roster fillers or low rated players because they aren't supposed to exist yet
Thunder Shaq

Postby Stefankrsticevic on Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:40 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:
Leander wrote:Thanks. Ah, ok...it worked with my last season. I don't remember if I loaded your roster and your edited roster I had filled with R. Filler players. I will test it again with random players without spending time to pick mine manually.

It's a "bug" because the fantasy draft is designed for 30 teams not 27 and the CPU doesn't seem to draft R. Fillers or a bunch of the "John Smiths". Just follow what I did to fix the fantasy draft. The "Expansion" teams are Memphis/Vancouver, Toronto, and New Orleans. I filled them with roster fillers or low rated players because they aren't supposed to exist yet

Yo thunder shaq i wanna get 2k20 on steam but will it be the latest version when i install it since the servers shut down
Stefankrsticevic

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:39 am

Stefankrsticevic wrote:
Thunder Shaq wrote:

Yo thunder shaq i wanna get 2k20 on steam but will it be the latest version when i install it since the servers shut down

You can't purchase 2k20 on steam anymore, you'll have to get it from a 3rd party site. I have a download for the SYNC.BIN in the thread to get you the latest version
Thunder Shaq

Postby Wynner77 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:34 pm

hi , please i want to know how to modify players for the slam dunk contest ? wich tools can do it modify ?
Wynner77

Postby rodyneira on Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:24 pm

I download all
put all files on nba2k20 , sub all 1-6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15
Put roster file on right place
than i look to youtube video that show how sub roster file , done right but only corrupt file , anyone can help-me please?
rodyneira

Postby TMA26 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 pm

why do most of the players don't age in myleague?
TMA26

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:19 am

TMA26 wrote:why do most of the players don't age in myleague?

It's because of a dumb glitch with the game that if you edit a players age through the "quick edit" feature on the roster screen, their birthday becomes the number of their age. So if somebody is switched to 26, it will show his birth year as 26 rather than 1997 or whatever. They are locked in to the age of 26 because the game can't recognize the birthday as you simulate.

I'm slowly working to get that and other things fixed for some of the rosters affected, but it's going to take time to get that updated for all. If you don't want to wait for that, you can go in and check the players of the roster and make sure their birth year is an actual year. They will age in MyLeague after that
Thunder Shaq

Postby AstroNinjaBen on Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:26 am

Hey TS,

You were right about Dwight Howard, i reloaded the game and his hair was back to normal, strange...

another stranger thing i've noticed is the Cav's court when using the 2004 Roster, take a look

20230320231621_1.jpg

I've also noticed that sometimes player pictures aren't always correct on some rosters, CP3 seems to always appear as some dude from the Nets, would be funnier if the pic was Rajon Rondo.

Also some rookies in the draft classes have more than 1 year pro, so when it comes time to give out the ROTY award, none of those players are eligible.

Btw, would you mind explaining the differences between MyLeague v1 & v2 as well as PlayNow v1 & v2? I know that they have different classic teams to choose from, but is v1 considered obsolete? What's the different between MyLeague and Playnow? Both seem to work in MyLeague.

Lastly, i noticed that the court for the Seattle SuperSonics in the 2005 roster is just the Thunder's court, however using the same team with the MyLeague roster has the correct court.

Thanks for all the hard work man, your rosters make playing MyLeague endlessly enjoyable, trying out weird ass experiments is the most fun i've had in 2k.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AstroNinjaBen

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding