NBA 2k20.5 - Back on Track

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - Free Agency Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:22 am

I'm not sure about a release because I'm looking to get the rosters set for 2021 which is a different beast. I'm currently working through the 2-way contracts to finalize players not in default 2k20.


Will Magnay (Pelicans)

Image


Dakota Mathais (76ers)

Image


Mason Jones (Rockets) *will also be added to 2020 Real Draft V2

Image
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:02 pm

Why do the players look like dolls? They probably look less like it in game, but they look plastic on these screens.

Some globals tend to make the players look better in game rather than in edit player (2K14 had a similar thing with several globals)

Note: However, great faces by the cyberface makers on this project!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Why do the players look like dolls? They probably look less like it in game, but they look plastic on these screens.

Some globals tend to make the players look better in game rather than in edit player (2K14 had a similar thing with several globals)

Note: However, great faces by the cyberface makers on this project!


Not sure what you mean by dolls? The plastic look? The roster editor looks like that with the global I’m using. In-game it’s less dramatic. I’m sure most people’s games will look fine.
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby ebok24 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:19 pm

Great Work! Can you release a cyberface pack please? I've been waiting for your work for months now. (Y)

Thanks!
User avatar
ebok24
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:36 pm
Location: RP

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby jtc324 on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Hey Brandon

Any news on the release of this mod now that the season has officially started or the V2 draft class? Would love to see some more previews of g-leaguers if the release is too far off
jtc324
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:04 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:19 pm

jtc324 wrote:Hey Brandon

Any news on the release of this mod now that the season has officially started or the V2 draft class? Would love to see some more previews of g-leaguers if the release is too far off


Yeah I can have more previews soon. Especially if there’s someone that wants to see a specific player. I’m finalizing the roster moves and completely working the newest roster additions over (signatures, attributes, etc) so they blend in the the overall roster better. Shouldn’t be much longer.
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby jtc324 on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:48 pm

Nice. If you can I would love to see Simi Shittu, shaq buchanan, and any knick gleaguer you have
jtc324
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:04 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:05 am

Oh I forgot I got a Shaq buchcanan made with tattoos already if you need it
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
User avatar
MonkeymanJSV
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:48 am
Location: Sydney Australia

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby jtc324 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:25 am

[quote="MonkeymanJSV"]Oh I forgot I got a Shaq buchcanan made with tattoos already if you need it[/quote]
Nice could you upload it to the download section
jtc324
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:04 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby Dantello11 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:03 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
jtc324 wrote:Hey Brandon

Any news on the release of this mod now that the season has officially started or the V2 draft class? Would love to see some more previews of g-leaguers if the release is too far off


Yeah I can have more previews soon. Especially if there’s someone that wants to see a specific player. I’m finalizing the roster moves and completely working the newest roster additions over (signatures, attributes, etc) so they blend in the the overall roster better. Shouldn’t be much longer.



Would this be compatible with 2k21 as well?
Dantello11
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Was in the middle of updating tattoos and got bored so I uploaded Brandon Clarke. Hair was done by TACO for 2k21. More to come.

Brandon Clarke Update

Image
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:26 am

ebok24 wrote:Great Work! Can you release a cyberface pack please? I've been waiting for your work for months now. (Y)

Thanks!


The cyberfaces for this project were created by other modders. From my knowledge, BlueJay does ratings, tendencies and tattoos etc.

Those modders would have to give the OKAY to release said faces outside of the project, but it seems these faces will just be released when the overall project is more complete. Which is fine, as with my projects I shoot for a complete experience with the assets upon release.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 8946
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby bluejaybrandon on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:08 am

Coby White with updated hairstyle and tattoos

Coby White Update

Image
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby vicsonhoo on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Nice update for Brandon Clarke and Coby White, appreciate your effort. Looking forward to your coming releases.
vicsonhoo
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:03 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby Dantello11 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:42 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Was in the middle of updating tattoos and got bored so I uploaded Brandon Clarke. Hair was done by TACO for 2k21. More to come.

Brandon Clarke Update

[ Image ]




Since this is listed for 2k21 does that mean your massive pack will be compatible with 2k21 as well ?
Dantello11
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 am

Dantello11 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Was in the middle of updating tattoos and got bored so I uploaded Brandon Clarke. Hair was done by TACO for 2k21. More to come.

Brandon Clarke Update

[ Image ]




Since this is listed for 2k21 does that mean your massive pack will be compatible with 2k21 as well ?


I believe it’s in the 2k20 downloads section unless I messed up. This will all be for 2k20. The only mention to 2k21 was because that’s where the hair came from.
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby Dantello11 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:54 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
Dantello11 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Was in the middle of updating tattoos and got bored so I uploaded Brandon Clarke. Hair was done by TACO for 2k21. More to come.

Brandon Clarke Update

[ Image ]




Since this is listed for 2k21 does that mean your massive pack will be compatible with 2k21 as well ?


I believe it’s in the 2k20 downloads section unless I messed up. This will all be for 2k20. The only mention to 2k21 was because that’s where the hair came from.



Nah its in the 2k20 section. Thanks for the clarification though. Would you be doing something similar to this for 2k21?
Dantello11
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - 2021 Two-Way Preview

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:55 am

Dantello11 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:
Dantello11 wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:Was in the middle of updating tattoos and got bored so I uploaded Brandon Clarke. Hair was done by TACO for 2k21. More to come.

Brandon Clarke Update

[ Image ]




Since this is listed for 2k21 does that mean your massive pack will be compatible with 2k21 as well ?


I believe it’s in the 2k20 downloads section unless I messed up. This will all be for 2k20. The only mention to 2k21 was because that’s where the hair came from.



Nah its in the 2k20 section. Thanks for the clarification though. Would you be doing something similar to this for 2k21?


I may port them over for use in 2k21 if no one else does. Idk about the whole package though. I’m over 100+ hours into this project with all the details.
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby Darth-Skinett on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 am

@BlueJayBrandon

Nice progress on the missing and updated cyberfaces Bro!!
I'm using the closest match in the meantime for those missing players.

Looking forward to your release :fire:
Darth :chug:
UAR "New Era" Team
Roster GURU

https://uarneweramods.blogspot.com/

My PC Specs
Intel Core I7
500gb SSD Hard Drive
500gb 7200 rpm Hard Drive
1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
16gb Ram
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
User avatar
Darth-Skinett
 
Posts: 1633
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:22 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby hokupguy on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 am

Great updates, really looking forward to your roster release whenever it comes.
Image

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
User avatar
hokupguy
Blue Print
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:01 pm
Location: orlando,fl

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby jtc324 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Is there an eta on this project if it's still happening...2k20 getting kinda stale. Looking forward to it. If it is still a go maybe a preview of some g-leaguers?
jtc324
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:04 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby jemamali on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:24 am

jtc324 wrote:Is there an eta on this project if it's still happening...2k20 getting kinda stale. Looking forward to it. If it is still a go maybe a preview of some g-leaguers?
I was wondering as well. Hopefully Bluejay is cooking up something special in the lab to release. Trying to get a few good GM seasons in with his roster. I'm sure the depth will be amazing. Looking at the older threads, he's been working on it since early last year. I'm 100 percent sure it will be fire once dropped.
jemamali
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:35 pm

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:44 am

I’m currently still working on it. I’m back to work full time so that has dominated most of my time. Less than 1/4 of teams to go. I had to backtrack on some to update tattoos and add new players.
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby ShamWowNY on Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:42 am

Excited to hear that this is nearing completion! Looking forward to the final product.
ShamWowNY
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:12 am

Re: NBA 2k20.5 - A Few Quick Updates Released

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:50 am

As a last ditch effort, does anyone in the community know if it is possible to edit the schedule and change the year? Or sim ahead and then import a roster in 2020/21? Really kills me that Fantasy Star doesn’t have all the features of 2k21. I know it’s a long shot but I thought I’d ask.
Image
User avatar
bluejaybrandon
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests