Real 2021 Draft: Evan Mobley Portrait Release

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Road to Release - Countdown to the Top 5

Postby DaPrazident5B on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:44 pm

And was at 19, higher usage, scorer, passer of an Eurocup team.
DaPrazident5B

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:59 pm

DaPrazident5B wrote:I couldn't agree more.
A few details BTW :
In my opinion, behind Lamelo, there's a bunch of elite to be dimers with Mannion, Maledon, Haliburton and Hayes.
But Killian is already best defender of all this group IMO.

I don't know as much about Maledon, haven't watched much of him in comparison...he looks to have a good physical frame at least, what are your thoughts on him overall?
Rimbaud82

Postby DaPrazident5B on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:34 pm

He's 19. He's playing his 3rd season with Asvel first team (French first division, Eurocup and Euroleague). He also made his debut with French National Team last year, didn't go to the World Cup because of shoulder injury.
He's pure traditional European point guard. He has very high basketball IQ and already elite passing skills, especially off the dribble.
He plays P&R wonderfully, and the fact he's tall with large wingspan (heigh : 6'5 / wingspan : 6'9) allows him to find larger angles.
He has good right hand dribble and correct left hand one.
Also quite good to attack the basket, he has issues with supporting the bump, and compensates with good usage of hand effects to find the board.
His long range shot is also average, starting from torso with low release. However he's between 36 and 37% for 2.2 attempts in Euroleague.
Defensively, he's good off the ball thanks to his good basketball IQ, and can play help defense thanks to quickness and wingspan.
He's for now a little weak on the ball due to long legs and high center of gravity. He also has issues to defend P&R and not to get touch by the picker (his shoulder injury had to do with that).
I think he can adapt in NBA if he works on his long range, being second initiator and spot up shooter in second unit after being drafted.
He's very confident and hardworker so I'm pretty sure he will improve. He also has professional level experience.
However (again) I'm not 100% sure of the fit with NBA current needs in PG position.
Hard to compare to recent NBA player. He has that kind of Jalen Rose lookalike in the first years when playing scond unit PG with Nuggets.
Sorry for my english level. I'm a french dude.
DaPrazident5B

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pm

DaPrazident5B wrote:He's 19. He's playing his 3rd season with Asvel first team (French first division, Eurocup and Euroleague). He also made his debut with French National Team last year, didn't go to the World Cup because of shoulder injury.
He's pure traditional European point guard. He has very high basketball IQ and already elite passing skills, especially off the dribble.
He plays P&R wonderfully, and the fact he's tall with large wingspan (heigh : 6'5 / wingspan : 6'9) allows him to find larger angles.
He has good right hand dribble and correct left hand one.
Also quite good to attack the basket, he has issues with supporting the bump, and compensates with good usage of hand effects to find the board.
His long range shot is also average, starting from torso with low release. However he's between 36 and 37% for 2.2 attempts in Euroleague.
Defensively, he's good off the ball thanks to his good basketball IQ, and can play help defense thanks to quickness and wingspan.
He's for now a little weak on the ball due to long legs and high center of gravity. He also has issues to defend P&R and not to get touch by the picker (his shoulder injury had to do with that).
I think he can adapt in NBA if he works on his long range, being second initiator and spot up shooter in second unit after being drafted.
He's very confident and hardworker so I'm pretty sure he will improve. He also has professional level experience.
However (again) I'm not 100% sure of the fit with NBA current needs in PG position.
Hard to compare to recent NBA player. He has that kind of Jalen Rose lookalike in the first years when playing scond unit PG with Nuggets.
Sorry for my english level. I'm a french dude.

No worries lad your english is great, certainly better than my french haha.

Thanks for the insight!
Rimbaud82

Postby MasenkOG on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:13 pm

Obi next?
MasenkOG

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:48 am

MasenkOG wrote:Obi next?

Ask and ye shall receive...

Obi Toppin exploded onto the scene last year with a competitive Dayton team that was sure to make magic in March. He garnered national attention and was many experts' pick for Player of the Year.

Obi is a human highlight reel. His dunks in transition are next level and he's one of the few people to break out a 360 in a game. Hell, he also went between the legs once as well. That kind of athleticism can't be taught.

He showcased range from 3 with a developing jumpshot. At the next level, he should be a pick and roll/pop nightmare for teams. He makes excellent cuts and moves well off ball.

His big weaknesses come on the defensive end. Though he's got an impressive vertical, his blocks are somewhat lacking. His defense overall may not hold-up against NBA level talent, but only time will tell.

Have you all seen Obi highlights? Would you want your team to draft him?

bluejaybrandon

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:27 am

well blue what do you think, tonight or tomorrow?
Rimbaud82

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:29 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
MasenkOG wrote:Obi next?

Ask and ye shall receive...

Obi Toppin exploded onto the scene last year with a competitive Dayton team that was sure to make magic in March. He garnered national attention and was many experts' pick for Player of the Year.

Obi is a human highlight reel. His dunks in transition are next level and he's one of the few people to break out a 360 in a game. Hell, he also went between the legs once as well. That kind of athleticism can't be taught.

He showcased range from 3 with a developing jumpshot. At the next level, he should be a pick and roll/pop nightmare for teams. He makes excellent cuts and moves well off ball.

His big weaknesses come on the defensive end. Though he's got an impressive vertical, his blocks are somewhat lacking. His defense overall may not hold-up against NBA level talent, but only time will tell.

Have you all seen Obi highlights? Would you want your team to draft him?

[ Image ]

I am not sure about him tbh, his highlights are very impressive and he clearly has a great offensive game...but his age + defensive limitations have me kind of questioning his value as a really high pick.
Rimbaud82

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:24 am

In my opinion, the Obi Toppin we just saw in college is done. Just my opinion, I don't think we will get to witness that version of him again. I think he needs to get drafted in the right system to be utilized the best way.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:42 am

TGsoGood wrote:In my opinion, the Obi Toppin we just saw in college is done. Just my opinion, I don't think we will get to witness that version of him again. I think he needs to get drafted in the right system to be utilized the best way.

I agree tbh, not to say he doesn't have skill too, but he will not be able to bully or physically dominate at the next level like he does in college. Definitely in the right role he could be effective, but he doesn't have franchise altering upside that you would want from a top top pick. Someone like Wiseman for all his many flaws, if you take the him reaching the best hypothetical version of himself is that...Toppin definitely isn't, but then I suppose it also comes down to likely outcomes....
Rimbaud82

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:well blue what do you think, tonight or tomorrow?

Well, to be perfectly honest for the sake of transparency, after I got my hands on Looyah's tool I've been doing roster work more than draft these last two days. I could release and then do a "DLC" pack that adds all the portraits in at a later date, as I've got a good chunk but not all of them done.

That being said, with the NBA announcing a late October date for the NBA draft, I don't really feel like I'm up against it to push this out. Don't get me wrong, it's damn near done and I'll shoot for tomorrow, I just don't think 2k will be out this August like normal, especially if they don't know who the rookies are and certainly wouldn't have them face scanned

So that's a long way of saying not tonight. I will finish out previews of Okoro, Avdija, Wiseman, and Ball. I might even throw in a few more if people want to see someone specific. I'll get a good chunk in tonight and Sunday and see where I stand on releasing without portraits for the time being.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:15 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:

Well, to be perfectly honest for the sake of transparency, after I got my hands on Looyah's tool I've been doing roster work more than draft these last two days. I could release and then do a "DLC" pack that adds all the portraits in at a later date, as I've got a good chunk but not all of them done.

That being said, with the NBA announcing a late October date for the NBA draft, I don't really feel like I'm up against it to push this out. Don't get me wrong, it's damn near done and I'll shoot for tomorrow, I just don't think 2k will be out this August like normal, especially if they don't know who the rookies are and certainly wouldn't have them face scanned

So that's a long way of saying not tonight. I will finish out previews of Okoro, Avdija, Wiseman, and Ball. I might even throw in a few more if people want to see someone specific. I'll get a good chunk in tonight and Sunday and see where I stand on releasing without portraits for the time being.

Speaking for myself anyway, the portraits are a nice addition but mainly just wanna get using the draft class itself so I can certainly do without them for now.
Rimbaud82

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:34 am

I’d vote for a release within the next couple days I was only thinking this morning I was happy we are getting it much earlier then previous games, I think releasing updates down the road is the way to go that way you have time to add even more prospects as we get closer and people can still use all the work you’ve done already in the mean time
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby maronarzzz on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:35 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:

I think the DLC is a good idea
maronarzzz

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:27 pm

Scratch the early part in my last comment haha I forgot the draft was actually surpose to happen today
MonkeymanJSV

Postby rickberge on Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:14 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:I’d vote for a release within the next couple days I was only thinking this morning I was happy we are getting it much earlier then previous games, I think releasing updates down the road is the way to go that way you have time to add even more prospects as we get closer and people can still use all the work you’ve done already in the mean time

Yea I agree. I think the majority is eager to get back into playing their Myleague especially with the NBA starting back up.
rickberge

Postby thedylanceltics on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:50 am

would definitely be happy to wait for a portrait DLC if it means we get the draft class now
thedylanceltics

Postby Rimbaud82 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:11 am

Rimbaud82

Postby forgamingqhiel on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 am

yes past waiting :applaud:
forgamingqhiel

Postby forgamingqhiel on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 am

yes past waiting :applaud:
forgamingqhiel

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 am

I would rather get it now especially after seeing 2K just copy and paste animations for some of this year's rookies.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:24 am

TGsoGood wrote:I would rather get it now especially after seeing 2K just copy and paste animations for some of this year's rookies.

What do you mean by that? What did they copy and paste?
bluejaybrandon

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:20 pm

So I took tomorrow off of work to get this done. I have only a few portraits left. Stay tuned for release.
bluejaybrandon

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:22 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:So I took tomorrow off of work to get this done. I have only a few portraits left. Stay tuned for release.

hell yeh blue cant wait! are you able to preview the final couple guys today?
MonkeymanJSV

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:34 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:So I took tomorrow off of work to get this done. I have only a few portraits left. Stay tuned for release.

hell yeh blue cant wait! are you able to preview the final couple guys today?

Yeah, I'll preview the last 3 as a break between portraits. I know its not ideal for people, but I'm trying my best and I'm proud to have portraits included.
bluejaybrandon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding