Real 2021 Draft: Evan Mobley Portrait Release

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Road to Release - Countdown to the Top 5

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:41 pm

At number 5 on the list lands forward out of Auburn, Isaac Okoro. Okoro is a divisive prospect and I think I'm higher on him than many. His stock seems to be fluctuating as of late and he could land anywhere from top 5 to bottom of the lottery.

His biggest skill is his NBA ready defense. He is an absolute pest both on-ball and off-ball. He's got great length and makes his assignment work just moving around the floor. He's not quite OG Anunoby level of defense entering the league, but he's certainly the next tier below.

Most notably, he's a hustle player. He doesn't give up on plays and fights over screens. He's not scared of switching on to post players on defense and will battle with opposing bigs for offensive rebounds.

Unfortunately, his drawbacks come on the offensive side of the ball. He's not a great shooter and is an average finisher at best, especially when forced to create for himself. He’s much more comfortable in transition. He'll really need to make major strides offensively or he's gonna look lost. He's a hard worker though so hopefully he puts in the time to learn.

What are your thoughts on Okoro? Do you have him slipping?

Last edited by bluejaybrandon on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Road to Release - Countdown to the Top 5

Postby Rimbaud82 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:20 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:So I took tomorrow off of work to get this done. I have only a few portraits left. Stay tuned for release.

Top man blue!
Rimbaud82

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Road to Release - The Final Five + Release

Postby ErronBlack on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Really appreciate the dedication you've put into this. Taking off work (especially after covid and all) couldn't have been an easy decision, but no one can deny your passion for these projects anymore.

I think a while back you mentioned making a patreon or something like that? That might be worth looking into, I'm sure several people would be down for donating to it.
ErronBlack

Postby kwuan26 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:06 pm

can't wait for that Ball preview :fire:
kwuan26

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 am

Next is Deni Avdija, a small forward from Israel. He had a huge game recently where he poured it in, but has overall been something of an enigma. His shooting, especially from deep seems to be a consistent strength. Like a lot of Euro prospects, he's also an above-average passer though not Luka levels.

Defensively he may struggle to adapt to NBA size and speed. He's not a great defender now against Euro players and his weaknesses on that end will likely be exposed against NBA talent. Supposedly the Cavs are high on him so, despite his flaws, he might be solidified a high draft spot.

Do you think Deni is the next Luka? Or will he flame out against NBA talent?

bluejaybrandon

Postby InFaMouS ny on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:49 am

he's actual a pretty solid on ball defender that moves well laterally for a dude his size. the shooting is the issue especially from the free throw line which usually gives you an outlook on their shooting percentages going forward. (i believe he changed his set shot during quarantine and it showed this past game) personally, im not high on his game at all.
InFaMouS ny

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:he's actual a pretty solid on ball defender that moves well laterally for a dude his size. the shooting is the issue especially from the free throw line which usually gives you an outlook on their shooting percentages going forward. (i believe he changed his set shot during quarantine and it showed this past game) personally, im not high on his game at all.

That's totally fair, I just know from what I've seen and read about him that he's got a negative wingspan and gets bullied inside. I should have given his outside defensive presence more credit. I do agree with your conclusion though, I think he's a risky pick.
bluejaybrandon

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:55 am

He is something between Gallinari and Bojan, certainly nothing like Luka and yeah, the shot looks suspect.

Euroleague overall isn't very fond on playing youngsters, but when you produce as little as Avidja my mind will automatically go to Hezonja rather than on Luka, Porzinguis, Gasols.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:He is something between Gallinari and Bojan, certainly nothing like Luka and yeah, the shot looks suspect.

Euroleague overall isn't very fond on playing youngsters, but when you produce as little as Avidja my mind will automatically go to Hezonja rather than on Luka, Porzinguis, Gasols.

Damn that Hezonja comp seems really strong and certainly makes me wish the Cavs weren't high on him. Do you know if he has the go problems that Hezonja has struggled with?

Also, are people really skeptical of his shot? Everything I've seen says he has a solid 3-pt pull-up game and stepbacks. Do they just not go in?
bluejaybrandon

Postby BlazerGun1 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:04 am

he is one of the best defenders in Maccabi - can defend almost any position (including guards) and he is pretty good at blocking shots as well - and now after the return from quarantine he buffed a little bit and was pretty much the best last game by far.

It really depends on what team will select him but he is far better than someone like Hezonja who can only dunk and shoot, Deni can do everything and his only real weakness is his shooting (which is really not something that worries me, he is 19 and even Luka percentages aren't really special when you look at them ) and free throws which last game he went 7/8, but still early to tell if he improved it.

talking as someone who watched him this year and the year before cause im a Maccabi fan - in half a year from a kid who was a benchwarmer he became one of the best rotational players.
BlazerGun1

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:13 am

BlazerGun1 wrote:he is one of the best defenders in Maccabi - can defend almost any position (including guards) and he is pretty good at blocking shots as well - and now after the return from quarantine he buffed a little bit and was pretty much the best last game by far.

It really depends on what team will select him but he is far better than someone like Hezonja who can only dunk and shoot, Deni can do everything and his only real weakness is his shooting (which is really not something that worries me, he is 19 and even Luka percentages aren't really special when you look at them ) and free throws which last game he went 7/8, but still early to tell if he improved it.

talking as someone who watched him this year and the year before cause im a Maccabi fan - in half a year from a kid who was a benchwarmer he became one of the best rotational players.

Nice man! Awesome insight! I'm glad to hear from you guys because everything the American scouts have been saying seems to be just white-European player stereotypes.
bluejaybrandon

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:29 am

I hate the takes some official "scouts" put out about prospects because they barely even watch a guy and then just throw any label at him.
It's like they skim over some prospects. Or they even skim over an entire aspect of someone's game.
It's good seeing varying takes on him in this thread alone. It motivates you to give a prospect a fair chance and review their overall game.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:36 am

TGsoGood wrote:I hate the takes some official "scouts" put out about prospects because they barely even watch a guy and then just throw any label at him.
It's like they skim over some prospects. Or they even skim over an entire aspect of someone's game.
It's good seeing varying takes on him in this thread alone. It motivates you to give a prospect a fair chance and review their overall game.

I think this is is especially bad for the white european guys, they all get compared to one another irrespective of their actual games.
Rimbaud82

Postby BlazerGun1 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:46 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
BlazerGun1 wrote:he is one of the best defenders in Maccabi - can defend almost any position (including guards) and he is pretty good at blocking shots as well - and now after the return from quarantine he buffed a little bit and was pretty much the best last game by far.

Nice man! Awesome insight! I'm glad to hear from you guys because everything the American scouts have been saying seems to be just white-European player stereotypes.

yeah no problem dude! he was definitely at first a pretty meh defender but since the u20 tournament (which he surprised many scouts there ) his defense was probably his best trait alongside his leadership I would say.

really expecting your draft to come out, looks great!
BlazerGun1

Postby vyperpunkhunk on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:08 am

HI! First of all, great work! When can we expect this release to grace our game?
vyperpunkhunk

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:25 am

vyperpunkhunk wrote:HI! First of all, great work! When can we expect this release to grace our game?

In like 3-5 hours.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
vyperpunkhunk wrote:HI! First of all, great work! When can we expect this release to grace our game?

In like 3-5 hours.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Rimbaud82

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:31 am

The first of the "big 3" prospects in this draft who hold a 75 overall is James Wiseman. He's a traditional center out of Memphis, though he left early after a bit of a financial scandal derailed his playing time.

He has been highly touted, with many early on considering him the consensus top pick. He's a dominant rebounder and can quickly go back up with offensive boards.

He doesn't yet possess the stretch ability of many modern bigs. He's very much in the vein of Hassan Whiteside and not former first overall pick Deandre Ayton. There is some concern that he may be too much of a dying breed to be worth a top pick, as guards and perimeter players run the current game.

What do you all think? Can Wiseman's skill transcend the fact that bigs are less valued in today's game?

bluejaybrandon

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:37 am

I really want to like Wiseman as a guy with huge upside, more than I actually do. But as much as there are several red flags with him + just the general value of centres in the modern game like you say, he definitely has some high level outcomes. It's honestly tough to judge I think, from a physical standpoint he has a lot going for him - teams will always covet players with his kind of fluidity and and movement at his size, and of course he has shown flashes of the skills you would want him to develop. He's obviously fallen a lot in most peoples mocks, but he didn't realistically get much of a go in college to judge so I think that's a bit unfair too. I'll be really curious to see where he ends up.
Rimbaud82

Postby SneakerTheFox on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 am

I really do like James, for a guy 7'1 or 7'2 the way he gets down the court with his long strides is really impressive, also he's strong but he isn't to aggressive, for a guy that big he has a soft touch around the rim and also is a big obstacle at the rim on the defensive end, another 5 Oneyka Okongwu stock has kinda risen and it's became a discussion who's the better center, to me Wiseman is way better suited for the league today and i've seen him show me skill, at least taking 3 pointers, mid-range shots, post hooks and fades, strong and soft finishes at the rim, along with him being a good athlete. Okungwu is a strong, defensive minded, pure athlete. I like his frame and muscle definition and his speed for a center and hops are out of the gym, and he's showed that he is a RIM PROTECTOR( DON'T COME IN THE PAINT WIT THAT WEAK ) cause it's getting sent. While saying that you have to realize Okongwu is 6'9, and me PERSONALLY I do not like smaller centers, he might not be able to own the paint the same as he did in college, but the NBA is different and softer now so maybe he might be able to, but the height difference is real and you better not expect him to shoot jumpers. James Wiseman is the best bigman in this draft with the most skill and potential as a 5, could turn out to be a defensive Karl Towns, I see Okongwu being an Andre Drummond as a kid from Detroit that's not that bad as well.
SneakerTheFox

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:52 am

So here is the second of the top three and by far the most notable. It's Lamelo time! After forgoing the traditional college route and heading to Australia to play pro, Ball eventually dropped out of competitive play to rehab a foot injury before the draft.

He is one of the most polarizing prospects in quite a while, as he's been a household name ever since Lavar hyped him almost three years ago. I don't know what I can add that hasn't already been said about Ball...his shot selection is questionable, his playmaking is exceptional, you guys know the story.

That being said, I'm way more curious to hear what you all think...is he the top guy in your eyes? Will he be a star? A starter like Lonzo? A flame out like LiAngelo? Please share.

bluejaybrandon

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 am

I didn’t see it at all 3 years ago and I’m shocked how well he can ball, I seen a lot of him in Australia and as much as it pains me to see he’s definitely going to fit in today’s nba, you pretty much hit it on the head. Great passer, his shot selection was questionable but you could really tell he was a step above everyone in the nbl, great rebounder and passing lane hawk due to his size and length. Great rebounder for a guard too, the right coaching and I think he can strive. I don’t like his personality and attitude I feel like he needs to go to a small market team with great coaching, I think if he goes somewhere like the Knicks it’s going to be a problem
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby ant_fam on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:49 am

how much longer ive been checking every 30 min since 4 lmAO
ant_fam

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Released

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:15 am

The Real 2020 Draft Class has arrived!

I want to start by thanking all those involved, most notably mrk326 and Emnashow for their amazing work on cyberfaces. I could not have done this myself and they are the bread and butter of this project. Please reach out and donate to them if you enjoyed this project.

https://www.paypal.me/mrk326

https://www.paypal.me/emnashow

Second, I want to thank the Youtube tutorial creators, SkillzFromThe6 and InfamousNY. Every year they put out some of the best player creations with professional level consistency. Please subscribe to each of them if you get the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCUmUq ... MyQNexfjOg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCq-Y ... bxSBG6Rf8Q

Speaking of videos, please check TGsoGood. I've always loved his content and I've been blessed enough to have him cover my draft class in years past. He's a real one and if you're looking to be on the cutting edge of 2k PC, he's the guy to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

This has been many hours of work but in the end, I think we're releasing a top-notch project. Every aspect of every player has been edited, ratings, tendencies, pictures, portraits, cyberfaces, tattoos, accessories, shoes, and badges.

If for some reason you feel that a player has been slighted or that something is missing, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

This will be completely compatible with the NBA 2k20.5 roster, a project with the same level of detail. This Real Roster project may see an update down the road, adding and removing prospects based on mock draft movement and college decisions as October nears.

Thank you to all of you that remained patient and stuck with me. I know the date moved and things came up but I hope what we delivered meets your expectations. Without further ado, the Real 2020 Draft Class:

Real 2020 Draft Class

Class Currently Online Only:

Username - bluejaybrandon

Content ID - Real 2020 NBA Draft Class
bluejaybrandon

Re: Real 2020 Draft: Released

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:29 am

Amazing work guys, always love using the draft class you put together blue always the best quality draft class, it’s amazing what you put together :bowdown: :bowdown2: I’ll download it soon just killing dudes in the rec on console atm and I’ll let you no what I think of it
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding