Black Shirts In The Crowd

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Black Shirts In The Crowd

Postby InFaMouS ny on Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:59 am

Anyone know how to fix the black shirts on the crowds? I tried making crowd designs and they always show up like this.

here is a download link for my .dds file https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/HHdXG8ID/file.html
InFaMouS ny

Re: Black Shirts In The Crowd

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:15 am

They are being saved in the wrong format is my guess.
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby InFaMouS ny on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:47 am

cujomatty wrote:They are being saved in the wrong format is my guess.

its in the same format as the original 2k file.

InFaMouS ny

Postby cujomatty on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:13 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:
cujomatty wrote:They are being saved in the wrong format is my guess.

its in the same format as the original 2k file.

[ Image ]

You’d think saving it in the same format would work but it doesn’t quite often and DXT 5 has never worked for me.

The dds regular format DXT1 no alpha works for almost everything I’ve tried without an alpha layer. DXT3 if there is an alpha.

If those don’t work use the intel photoshop plug in and do BC7 fast linear either color or collar + alpha if there is an alpha layer.

One of those will work because I’ve made some crowd files for personal use and I know I saved it in one of those 4. Unfortunately I can’t remember which one exactly but start with DXT1 I use that the most.
cujomatty

Postby [Stove] on Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:31 am

im having the same problem and i cannot seem to get it to work. i tried all of the save files mentioned by you cujomatty, so at this point im doing something wrong.
i am trying to get the whole crowd to be white and maybe be able to edit the shirts as well with some designs.

i am attempting to edit this file
i figured i would be able to do it through that but i guess not. i saw the file infamous ny posted but i have no idea what to do with that file. please help.
[Stove]

Postby cujomatty on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:25 am

[Stove] wrote:im having the same problem and i cannot seem to get it to work. i tried all of the save files mentioned by you cujomatty, so at this point im doing something wrong.
i am trying to get the whole crowd to be white and maybe be able to edit the shirts as well with some designs.

[ Image ]
i figured i would be able to do it through that but i guess not. i saw the file infamous ny posted but i have no idea what to do with that file. please help.

That's the wrong file to be editing do this one : crowd_clothing_color_slice.DDS and save it as dxt3 alpha
just make all the clothing that looks like shirts white.
cujomatty

Postby [Stove] on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:40 am

cujomatty wrote:
[Stove] wrote:im having the same problem and i cannot seem to get it to work. i tried all of the save files mentioned by you cujomatty, so at this point im doing something wrong.

[ Image ]

That's the wrong file to be editing do this one : crowd_clothing_color_slice.DDS and save it as dxt3 alpha
just make all the clothing that looks like shirts white.

sweet. once again cujo you are the most helpful person on this site (Y) always awesome
[Stove]

Postby TwistedLogic on Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:44 am

In NBA 2K22 I've been customising a NBA franchise team myself. Intel Photoshop plugins worked for me this way

Save the .DDS file under these settings in Intel settings:

Color + alpha
BC3 8bpp (Linear)
Mip maps: Auto generate
TwistedLogic

Postby ayanz69 on Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:00 am

InFaMouS ny wrote:Anyone know how to fix the black shirts on the crowds? I tried making crowd designs and they always show up like this.

[ Image ]

here is a download link for my .dds file https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/HHdXG8ID/file.html

Did you solve your problem? we have the same problem I think it always show black shirts..
ayanz69

Postby wired71 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:47 pm

Watch this video - this will help

https://youtu.be/Rj0v16H3kxI
wired71

Postby juanivitale on Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:47 am

I know It's been a while but I had this exact same problem today and found the fix for it.

In my case I knew for a fact it wasn't a saving format issue because I saved two crowd dds files with the exact same format/settings. One had this bug, one didn't. The difference between the two? lower case vs. uppercase extensions (.dds vs .DDS) The original file had uppercase extensions. The one I dragged into the .iff files with lowercase extension threw this black shirts bug, the one with uppercase extension didn't. Windows usually changes the extensions to lowercase automatically when saving the file so I had to rename the dds inside the iff itself and change .dds to .DDS after which it worked without the bug...

Hope this prevents headaches for everybody having this issue...
juanivitale

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding