NBA2K Music Converter

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K Music Converter

Postby Rw905847 on Thu May 14, 2020 10:10 am

pistonnation wrote:
wired71 wrote:Anyone have any luck with the in arena music yet?

I have all 3,880 "eventmusic" files in a folder on my desktop. I have listened to a handful of them and and found arena specific cheers and music. However, I am beginning to think that it is unorganized and the file names (i.e. 000025-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav) are irrelevant to specific teams. They are just numbers for the file and the game itself knows what to play, and when to play it (Duh lol). In other words..... This is going to take awhile. The jukebox music is easy to find because there are only what 30 songs? With the arena sounds there are 3 THOUSAND+ files to go through. But yes, I have all eventmusic files in mp3 format and playing. I found Lakers organs, and "Go Rockets Go!" cheers etc.
Rw905847

Postby Rw905847 on Thu May 14, 2020 10:12 am

How do I download the in arena music? The songs I hear when I’m on offense in MyCareer and Play Now?
Rw905847

Postby wired71 on Tue May 26, 2020 3:13 am

I assume no additional advancements made finding the files here? Been a hot minute since anyone has replied to this thread.
wired71

Postby pmulubah on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:02 am

I have about 60% of the paplayers files documented. I am trying to put in some of the replacement files in the game, but there are no changes in game. I used the music converter and the files are under the folder: waguia/newaudio/paplayers. Anybody have tips because I will probably have the rest of the names documented by the end of the week and am hoping to get the mod underway by early next week?
pmulubah

Postby martoluthor on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:11 am

pmulubah wrote:I have about 60% of the paplayers files documented. I am trying to put in some of the replacement files in the game, but there are no changes in game. I used the music converter and the files are under the folder: waguia/newaudio/paplayers. Anybody have tips because I will probably have the rest of the names documented by the end of the week and am hoping to get the mod underway by early next week?

great news!
martoluthor

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:34 am

Upload one of the files. We can take a look at possible issues
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby USMarineSoldier on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:14 am

pmulubah wrote:I have about 60% of the paplayers files documented. I am trying to put in some of the replacement files in the game, but there are no changes in game. I used the music converter and the files are under the folder: waguia/newaudio/paplayers. Anybody have tips because I will probably have the rest of the names documented by the end of the week and am hoping to get the mod underway by early next week?

Great progress but what does PA players do? Also I still haven't got the studio music to work correctly I tried so many times. How many out there in the community was able to make it work?
USMarineSoldier

Postby pmulubah on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:11 am

USMarineSoldier wrote:

Great progress but what does PA players do? Also I still haven't got the studio music to work correctly I tried so many times. How many out there in the community was able to make it work?

Paplayers is for the player annoucements. Fouls, made baskets, etc.

TGsoGood wrote:Upload one of the files. We can take a look at possible issues

It's not allowing me to upload the wav file.
pmulubah

Postby USMarineSoldier on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:09 am

pmulubah wrote:
USMarineSoldier wrote:

Paplayers is for the player annoucements. Fouls, made baskets, etc.

TGsoGood wrote:Upload one of the files. We can take a look at possible issues

It's not allowing me to upload the wav file.

oh really!!!!! Well that an epic find. That add another level of realism. Thank you for this!!!!
USMarineSoldier

Postby tyabolical on Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:31 am

Has anyone found the "back up" song by siege that plays sometimes before a game? I replaced the actual song but it still plays the original before the game.
ImageImageImage
tyabolical

Postby Mahmood on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:57 pm

tyabolical wrote:Has anyone found the "back up" song by siege that plays sometimes before a game? I replaced the actual song but it still plays the original before the game.

Does it play during the sort of mixtape thing that sometimes happens, or just plays as arena music?
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby tyabolical on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Mahmood wrote:
tyabolical wrote:Has anyone found the "back up" song by siege that plays sometimes before a game? I replaced the actual song but it still plays the original before the game.

Does it play during the sort of mixtape thing that sometimes happens, or just plays as arena music?

It plays when you load into a game, and has a video package that plays with it and everything.
ImageImageImage
tyabolical

Postby tnwog on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi all,

I just made an account to tell you all this.

The pregame eventmusic files (2k Sports theme, etc) are 003541-003549.

I tried getting Roundball Rock in my game, but it seems to bug out after a moment of playing. These files work perfectly with the jukebox so I don't know what is happening.

If someone more experienced than me in this game wants to look into it, I can try to provide as much insight as I can.
tnwog

Postby Sarocbx on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 am

Anyone know if this MOD still works? I have followed instructions exactly
and still hearing default music everytime I load the game. NBA 2K20/waigua/newaudio/jukeboxmusic/music/
I have converted multiple mp3 files and renamed the files to correct format ex: 000049-000000-000000-000000-000000-000000.wav

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?
Sarocbx

Postby ezmrzli25 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Bruh I might be totally wrong but I’m basing my response off of what worked in 2K19 and earlier games. I’ve yet to try it myself, which I will soon, but perhaps export your new audio from Audacity as an .OGG and then rename to .wav at the end to match the original name. That’s how I got custom music to work in 2K19. But if that doesn’t work, then I’ll look into it some more.
ezmrzli25

Postby ezmrzli25 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:48 pm

By the way, have any of you managed to replace the PA Announcer yet?
ezmrzli25

Postby nick10 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm

I extracted the entire eventmusic archive and combed through it to find the ones I want to replace the awful crowd chants that loop endlessly. I converted the wav files into mp3 using Audacity and then the conversion tool to get them back to wav files in the waigua -> newaudio -> eventmusic folder. The issue now is that game will play the first 1 or 2 seconds of the wav file and then stop.

Anyone else having this issue?
nick10

Postby Mahmood on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:55 pm

nick10 wrote:I extracted the entire eventmusic archive and combed through it to find the ones I want to replace the awful crowd chants that loop endlessly. I converted the wav files into mp3 using Audacity and then the conversion tool to get them back to wav files in the waigua -> newaudio -> eventmusic folder. The issue now is that game will play the first 1 or 2 seconds of the wav file and then stop.

Yeah, same exact issue. It seems 2k has placed a header for this file somehow or the Waigua plugin just isn't working correctly. Not sure.
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby nick10 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Mahmood wrote:
nick10 wrote:I extracted the entire eventmusic archive and combed through it to find the ones I want to replace the awful crowd chants that loop endlessly. I converted the wav files into mp3 using Audacity and then the conversion tool to get them back to wav files in the waigua -> newaudio -> eventmusic folder. The issue now is that game will play the first 1 or 2 seconds of the wav file and then stop.

Yeah, same exact issue. It seems 2k has placed a header for this file somehow or the Waigua plugin just isn't working correctly. Not sure.

After it happened a couple of times I took a look through the debug.txt and noticed that it was loading the files so I believed I had converted correctly. Maybe someone will be able to find out if the plugin isn't functioning properly as that's not in my realm of expertise. A shame after having sifted through a few hundred wav files. They could probably cut the list in half with all of the drum solos sounding almost exactly the same.
nick10

Postby Mahmood on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 pm

nick10 wrote:
Mahmood wrote:

After it happened a couple of times I took a look through the debug.txt and noticed that it was loading the files so I believed I had converted correctly. Maybe someone will be able to find out if the plugin isn't functioning properly as that's not in my realm of expertise. A shame after having sifted through a few hundred wav files. They could probably cut the list in half with all of the drum solos sounding almost exactly the same.

They have duplicates in case one file goes missing or awry
Mahmood
"Mood"

Postby Rw905847 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Can someone convert all of the eventmusic files to mp3 and put them in Google Drive to make life easier? Downloading them off the converter is challenging for me.
Rw905847

Postby Nutter on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:20 am

Got it to work for my first conversion, but every conversion after that just says "Conversion failed" any help?
Nutter

Postby Takagi on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:26 am

make sure the file your trying to convert is in mp3.
Takagi

Postby Takagi on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:27 am

if it still doesn't help shuajota made a music conversion tutorial so make sure to follow it. https://youtu.be/BXt1E3vr8pI
Takagi

Postby johnnys1199 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:15 am

The problem is must have a NEW 2k explorer who can see i3 for music

in nba 2k19 I managed to customize all music arena (timeout etc ....
johnnys1199

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding