|big-shot-ROB Thread ™| All-Time Pack Announcement + First Previews |

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: |big-shot-ROB Thread ™| Jaylen Brown preview | Gordon Hayward released |

Postby Slata on Sat May 23, 2020 9:06 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
MonkeymanJSV wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:One thing I like about 2K20 is that the game basically is awesome visually and also applies a default skin pattern to all faces. This mean that basically you can have a face texture consisting of a square block of all the same exact RGB color and it will look like a skin ingame. The downside though, is that (if like me) you come from 2K14 where you had to create super smooth and clean skin textures, the game basically diminishes any high level detail you can give to the skin in photoshop.

I remember back in the day chineese modders used to do face textures with special brushes to create the skin instead of using different parts of multiple photos, and they achieved amazing results with very consistent textures where if you weren't really good with photoshop you could really tell where the "clone" part or the "added part" of the textures from photos were.

When I do my textures I like to use 2k's to my advantage, and really just try to add on what they already have and blend it together, havent really worked with 2k20 tho so well see if it still works, like this is what I've been working on while trying to sort this beard out
[ Image ]
eyebrows look like slugs but its still a working progress

Made this one a while ago:

[ Image ]

I didn't start from the 2k default as Brown and Hayward, so I'll need to ask for permission to the author if anyone wants it.

Very good job!! I am interested please :P :P
Slata

Re: |big-shot-ROB Thread ™| Semi Ojeleye (HELP for real) |

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri May 29, 2020 9:16 am

So I'm going to leave the screenshot here but I am not sure we are going to be able to ever see this ingame.

Basically I created the hair from scratch modifying all the linked faces and edited all the UV textures to simulate a kind of dreaded-mohawk guys like Ojeleye and Reggie Bullock have worn. But I am stupidd as hell and didn't realise I imported the hair using the checkbox import skeleton. Turns out that now I can't export it because I get an error. Checked twice to import and export the original one and yes, it gives me the same error as my edited one when I import it with the checkbox on.

Error

Error with default hair

No error without the checkbox

I've tried to check out some things around the python script that handles the importing and exporting (I've studied Computer Science) but I don't want to touch 1500+ lines of code and I am unaware of what values all the variables take so I don't specifically know what is causing the error.

I have even tried to import the original hair, join both objects and then delete all vertices corresponding to the default one. So basically transfering my edited hair to the object corresponding to the original one (which doesn't give problems when imported correctly) and proceeded to delete the default one. But it still gives me the error.

If anyone has any clue on how to solve this, please help me, because I honestly don't feel like starting the hair from scratch again at all.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Re: |big-shot-ROB Thread ™| Semi Ojeleye HELP FOR REAL |

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Fri May 29, 2020 12:15 pm

I don’t no with the script at all, but semi hasn’t rocked with that hair style for awhile
If you enjoy my Mods please follow my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/monkeymanmods/
If you’d like to support me and my mods please donate here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
https://www.youtube.com/user/MonkeymanJSV
MonkeymanJSV

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 pm

MonkeymanJSV wrote:I don’t no with the script at all, but semi hasn’t rocked with that hair style for awhile

I know, only the start of this season. But I usually like to do players with the fanciest look they have worn.
big-shot-ROB

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Fri May 29, 2020 8:09 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
MonkeymanJSV wrote:I don’t no with the script at all, but semi hasn’t rocked with that hair style for awhile

I know, only the start of this season. But I usually like to do players with the fanciest look they have worn.

That’s fair, he has had some werid cuts haha loved doing his blade hairstyle he was rocking at the start of last season, nice young player too
MonkeymanJSV

Re: |big-shot-ROB Thread ™| Semi Ojeleye PREVIEWS |

Postby big-shot-ROB on Sat May 30, 2020 7:27 am

SEMI OJELEYE

So I am stubborn and basically created the hair again from scratch. It wasn't an error on the import but an option active on edit mode that merged the vertices together, causing then incoherence with the data files. Did this one from scratch. I will release it when Blender stops giving me problems with the facial hair (I get a string import error) and while everything works fine, and I can export the beard model (and the changes save) they do not show up on 2K.

New: face texture, beard texture, 3D head, 3D beard, 3D hair (created from scratch, doesn't exist in the game), new full body shape .

Will release it along with Langford in the following days.
big-shot-ROB

Postby Ramonxu on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:12 am

nice work bro
Ramonxu

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:18 am

Looks amazing lad
Rimbaud82

Re: |big-shot-ROB Thread ™| JALEN GREEN Previews |

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:20 am

JALEN GREEN

New: face texture, hair texture, 3D head, 3D hair. Credits to PPP and TGsoGood for the base and the body type (I think I used the first version I edited for PPP). I'll post it tomorrow when I figure out how to solve some glitching in the eyes causing them to pop out in some animations as well as looking this dark. I'll post Langford and Ojeleye then too.

I'd appreciate some feedback, because I usually spend quite some time on these and while I understand Ojeleye and Romeo are not on most of your minds, it's good to feel somewhat appreciated, specially when all of you guys are smashing those downloads.

Last edited by big-shot-ROB on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
big-shot-ROB

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:28 am

Ok thats incredible
Rimbaud82

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:29 am

I literally can't get over how good that is
Rimbaud82

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 am

That Jalen is absolutely ridiculous... i have no words lol
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby InFaMouS ny on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:38 am

looks amazing
InFaMouS ny

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 am

btw, moving the head up or down, a bit should fix the eyes being dark
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby forgamingqhiel on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:44 am

Best Jalen Green so Far! (Y)
forgamingqhiel

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:45 am

After seeing that I am praying you give Cade Cunningham the same treatment, no joke thats one of the best cyberfaces I have ever seen...
Rimbaud82

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:48 am

Rimbaud82 wrote:After seeing that I am praying you give Cade Cunningham the same treatment, no joke thats one of the best cyberfaces I have ever seen...

i'm still looking at it lol, looks like next gen jalen green, no joke i think 2k won't do as good of a job in 2k22
PettyPaulPierce

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:54 am

PettyPaulPierce wrote:
Rimbaud82 wrote:After seeing that I am praying you give Cade Cunningham the same treatment, no joke thats one of the best cyberfaces I have ever seen...

i'm still looking at it lol, looks like next gen jalen green, no joke i think 2k won't do as good of a job in 2k22

I guarantee you they won't, most years the modded cyberfaces for the rookies look better than most of 2Ks and this Jalen is on another level.

:bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Rimbaud82

Postby MonkeymanJSV on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:05 am

Awesome work rob! I’m not sure if you sculpt faces but a trick I use to make they eyes not glitch is I go into edit mode and hide the eyes first then do my sculpt then I’ll go back in edit mode and scale the eyes to fit my sculpt
MonkeymanJSV

Postby TRIIIAD on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am

Somehow looks more realistic than a facescan. Incredible work bro! :bowdown:
TRIIIAD

Postby losjosh on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:58 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:
JALEN GREEN

New: face texture, hair texture, 3D head, 3D hair. Credits to PPP and TGsoGood for the base and the body type (I think I used the first version I edited for PPP). I'll post it tomorrow when I figure out how to solve some glitching in the eyes causing them to pop out in some animations as well as looking this dark. I'll post Langford and Ojeleye then too.

I'd appreciate some feedback, because I usually spend quite some time on these and while I understand Ojeleye and Romeo are not on most of your minds, it's good to feel somewhat appreciated, specially when all of you guys are smashing those downloads.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Alright I'm hyped! This is great!
Follow my Facebook page for more updates @ https://www.facebook.com/LosJosh-MODS-109649007418013

Consider Donating: https://www.paypal.me/losjosh

For Requests: joshuacarlos19@gmail.com
losjosh

Postby _JackCole_ on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:14 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
JALEN GREEN

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

That's lit man! :o :o :o :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
_JackCole_

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 pm

You got it!
big-shot-ROB

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:

You got it!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Amazing work mo chara
Rimbaud82

Postby Rimbaud82 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Man can't wait for that Jalen Green release, started a new save just to use him.
Rimbaud82

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding