Thunder Shaq: 1996-97: 1997-2011 Offline Draft Classes Uploaded

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Thunder Shaq: 1996-97 Season Mod RELEASED

Postby aga__ on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:59 am

I cant download the roster file... It says that it is corrupted
EDIT
Redownloaded the game and made sure to install all the mods properly. Still doesnt work
aga__

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:50 pm

I've got the Bucks, Cavaliers, Kings, Pacers, and Warriors courts updated.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0d99uodf ... s.zip/file

Just drop in waigua folder.

Bucks court was made by sticky-fingers for 2K17. I just converted to 2K20.

1995/96 Milwaukee Bucks Court - Bradley Center

Kings Court is based off original. Just changed the arena name from Kings Arena to Arco Arena.

The other three are new.

Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Postby SluggySports on Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:53 am

natkra90 wrote:I've got the Bucks, Cavaliers, Kings, Pacers, and Warriors courts updated.

Kings Court is based off original. Just changed the arena name from Kings Arena to Arco Arena.

The other three are new.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Appreciate this!!!!!
SluggySports

Postby Thunder Shaq on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 am

Thanks for the help natkra90!
Thunder Shaq

Postby gsquared13 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:38 pm

thunder shaq ive uninstalled the game to try and get the mod to work but still have the problems with the players being invisble or dont look like them selves can you help please
gsquared13

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:08 am

gsquared13 wrote:thunder shaq ive uninstalled the game to try and get the mod to work but still have the problems with the players being invisble or dont look like them selves can you help please

You’re not installing the mod correctly, you need to watch a tutorial. Make sure your folder is titled waigua
Thunder Shaq

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:33 am

Just downloaded the mod right now, and I love the amount of attention put into the roster! I know what I'll be playing this weekend. One thing to note is that the three point line for the Rockets isn't aligned correctly (it's the only court that I've seen so far with that problem; I'll let you know if there's more)

natkra90 wrote:I've got the Bucks, Cavaliers, Kings, Pacers, and Warriors courts updated.

The other three are new.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Just a heads up natkra, I downloaded the 1997 dornas that you made, and when I dropped your config file into the hook folder, all the dornas loaded up, but the Cavs still were using the current court. I noticed that one of the lines read:

"f004.iff": "1997 Cavliers.iff"

Fixing the typo caused the correct Cavaliers court to show up.
RayRay_953

Postby Thunder Shaq on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:38 am

RayRay_953 wrote:Just downloaded the mod right now, and I love the amount of attention put into the roster! I know what I'll be playing this weekend. One thing to note is that the three point line for the Rockets isn't aligned correctly (it's the only court that I've seen so far with that problem; I'll let you know if there's more)

The other three are new.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Just a heads up natkra, I downloaded the 1997 dornas that you made, and when I dropped your config file into the hook folder, all the dornas loaded up, but the Cavs still were using the current court. I noticed that one of the lines read:

"f004.iff": "1997 Cavliers.iff"

Fixing the typo caused the correct Cavaliers court to show up.

I appreciate the feedback and support. I put in lots of hours into the roster, but I know it still isn’t perfect. All feedback is appreciated
Thunder Shaq

Postby keibo on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:55 am

made all the missing court, not perfect but if anyone wants to use them here it is

all credits to kodrinsky from flickr for all floor except AGS as I just adapt his courts for the game.

also made AGS jersey based on prototype you can see on internet

courts + ASG jersey :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wxw6oq5t ... s.rar/file

ASG Jersey only :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kniwnvlk ... y.rar/file
keibo

Postby gsquared13 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:56 am

could you do a 1992/93 and 1994/95 mods
gsquared13

Postby natkra90 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:50 pm

keibo wrote:made all the missing court, not perfect but if anyone wants to use them here it is

[ Image ]

all credits to kodrinsky from flickr for all floor except AGS as I just adapt his courts for the game.

also made AGS jersey based on prototype you can see on internet

[ Image ]

courts + ASG jersey :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wxw6oq5t ... s.rar/file

ASG Jersey only :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kniwnvlk ... y.rar/file

Thanks for stepping up keibo! (Y)

natkra90

Postby RobDavis on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Been busy but I'm grabbing this later today, yall been putting in work
Producer | YouTuber
Creator of Fictional College Hoops PC Mod NBA 2K19/20/21
Sub to My Youtube Channel Below
YouTube

Fictional College Hoops 2K23 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K21 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K20 Mod
Fictional College Hoops 2K19 Mod
RobDavis

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:55 am

I've never created a court for 2K20 before, but I took a stab at the Delta Center used in the beginning half of the 1997 season.
RayRay_953

Postby gsquared13 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:02 pm

can you put the tutorail of the mod being installed
gsquared13

Postby gsquared13 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:02 pm

can you put the tutorail of the mod being installed
gsquared13

Postby chamorts on Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:53 pm

laroche23 wrote:
©roke wrote:This is awesome Thunder Shaq! Fantastic work!

There are a couple generic guys in the Celtics roster. Not sure if you noticed. I just played against them and they came out during the 4th quarter (it was a blowout).

What sliders do you guys recommend for mods like this? CPU ended with 31 3's, and that's not realistic for 1997.

If you want try this one ' olive90 (content name )from DaPrazident(username) those silders were specifically done for the 1995-1996 season,they are very accurate in my opinion, .... congratulations on your release @Thundershaq !

Is your mod out yet?
chamorts

Re: Thunder Shaq: 1996-97 Season Mod Releasing Soon

Postby Mahmood on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 pm

bootyliciousnigger wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
StanNash wrote:
janwick wrote:Please make offline version for the retro roster. many people like us are offline players

Same here, is there any link for an offline download on PC? Steam Family Share doesn't let me connect to servers and search for rosters.

Here bro:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089350/NBA_2K20/

Enjoy!

hahaha what a smug asshole :)
The online elitists in this forum are toxic tbh

Says you. Grow a pair and quit hiding behind a racial slur. Also, buy the game. :lol:
I've modded for 4 games (2K20, 2K21, 2K22, 2K23) and don't plan on stopping!
PM if you have questions or need anything, I'm always around!
You can call me Mood. :)
----------------------------------------
Mahmood
"Mood"

Re: Thunder Shaq: 1996-97 Season Mod Releasing Soon

Postby SneakerTheFox on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:04 pm

bootyliciousnigger wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
StanNash wrote:
janwick wrote:Please make offline version for the retro roster. many people like us are offline players

Same here, is there any link for an offline download on PC? Steam Family Share doesn't let me connect to servers and search for rosters.

Here bro:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089350/NBA_2K20/

Enjoy!

hahaha what a smug asshole :)
The online elitists in this forum are toxic tbh

First off you weak asf, I'm going to keep this as respectful as I can with out cursing because I don't know the guidelines, but just know someone like you will never go anywhere in life, from your name alone I can tell you'll never be known for anything great, and you'll never own or deserve respect for anything you do, period.

Now on the other hand, just because people use and play offline doesn't mean they don't own the game or have it, in my instance I don't use the neighborhood or rec because of cheats and hackers and it's basically useless to play from a competitive standpoint, also my pc is trash and it look like I'm in slowmo when I'm online, so turning it off along with lowering the graphics raises my fps, and on the modding end, files like rosters, drafts tend to get corrupted and or lost some how in 2kshare, so it might help to have downloadable files and or back up, plus it really opens up what users and modders can do.

people sometimes get that misconception and I never see people correct it, they just get scared because they don't want to get banned and be quiet, that just my reason, and so thats why offline downloadable roster are good if the modder feel like it, I also don't recommend begging or harassing people that have spent so much time working hard on something, ask politely, if they do, they do, if they dont, they dont.
SneakerTheFox

Postby gsquared13 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:03 pm

im so happy my niece nows a bit about computers she got the mod working one file was missing NBA 2K20 External File Plugin (Waigua) 1.1:thunder shaq thakyou
gsquared13

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:05 pm

gsquared13 wrote:im so happy my niece nows a bit about computers she got the mod working one file was missing NBA 2K20 External File Plugin (Waigua) 1.1:thunder shaq thakyou

I’m glad you got it working. I wish I could have been more help, but it’s tough to know the issues without seeing your siden :oops:
Thunder Shaq

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:45 am

Just to address a couple of points. The person SneakerTheFox quoted has already been dealt with (hence why I've hidden their post), as they came in with a confrontational attitude and inappropriate username. No need to report that anymore, but yeah, that stuff obviously isn't welcome here.

As far as the offline roster requests are concerned, a valid point has been raised here. It is possible to play the Steam version in offline mode and forego the connected features, which people may do to avoid getting updates or for improved performance. That does make it impossible to get rosters through in-game sharing though, so there are indeed people who have a legal copy of the game who have interest in offline roster files. We can sometimes jump the gun on accusations in that regard.

The reason we do, however, is because we've grown very accustomed to people using the codex version requesting offline rosters (or help with the codex version in general). I'd say that upwards of 90% of the time, that request is coming from someone who doesn't have the option of accessing the in-game roster sharing because they have a pirated version. To that end, the request always come across as suspicious, which is unfortunate for those using the Steam version offline for whatever reason because it does lead to snark and unfair accusations. It's only because we've encountered it so many times in the past, but that can lead to some undue hostility, which we could stand to tone down somewhat.

Because offline rosters do also facilitate people with pirated copies, some roster modders prefer not to provide those versions, or they simply don't want to go through the hassle of providing and supporting an offline version as well. Either way, that's completely valid, and at the discretion of the modder. On an occasion like this where Thunder Shaq has indicated a preference not to release an offline version and made that quite clear, the polite thing to do would be to not make that request (and if someone does, perhaps link them to a post explaining that there's no intention of providing an offline roster). It does get to a point where it's rude to keep asking for something someone has clearly said they're not going to provide, and that just leads to more rudeness and hostility when it looks like someone won't take no for an answer. At the same time, it's easy to overlook these notices, so pointing someone towards a previous announcement can help clarify things without coming across as rude or condescending.

Anyway, hopes this helps clear the air! Carry on.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:26 am

Much of my released content features fantastic work from others in the community. So, I must take into account what their wishes are. If I were to go out and release an offline file of the roster that includes their wonderful contributions in the mod pack, I may be going against how they want their content made available. I don’t intend to accuse everyone that requests an offline file of pirating the game, but the content of this roster is not 100% my personal creation as you can see from my credits. :lol:
Thunder Shaq

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:24 am

Here's what I'm using now for my 1997 court package. It mixes the three I created with conversions from sticky-fingers and a lot of what keibo put together too. Made a few tweaks as well to eliminate any glitches along with some enhancements.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n26a0j1os ... 9.zip/file
Last edited by natkra90 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

natkra90

Postby chamorts on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Olle esa vaina entonces el que no tiene la vaina esta no brega entonces que mamagueveria.
chamorts

Postby mking2 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:23 pm

natkra90 wrote:Here's what I'm using now for my 1997 court package. It mixes the three I created with conversions from sticky-fingers and a lot of what keibo put together too. Made a few tweaks as well to eliminate any glitches along with some enhancements.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/null/199 ... s.zip/file

can you reupload this file thank you bro
mking2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding