Best Lighting mod? Nba2k20

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Best Lighting mod? Nba2k20

Postby xx2khazard on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:27 am

In your opinion what is the best lighting mod for 2k20? There are tons of versions out there and I want to know what yall recommend or are using? Thanks in advance!
xx2khazard

Re: Best Lighting mod? Nba2k20

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:34 am

xx2khazard wrote:In your opinion what is the best lighting mod for 2k20? There are tons of versions out there and I want to know what yall recommend or are using? Thanks in advance!

Honestly Looyah’s stadium overhauls plus a good reshade is what I use. I think a lot of what you see is achieved by the heavy lifting of reshade. I use the Assassins Creed Origins Realistic Reshade and I think it’s fantastic. The fancy lighting overhauls take too much away from realism in my opinion but I recognize they are popular.
bluejaybrandon

Postby xx2khazard on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:41 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
xx2khazard wrote:In your opinion what is the best lighting mod for 2k20? There are tons of versions out there and I want to know what yall recommend or are using? Thanks in advance!

Honestly Looyah’s stadium overhauls plus a good reshade is what I use. I think a lot of what you see is achieved by the heavy lifting of reshade. I use the Assassins Creed Origins Realistic Reshade and I think it’s fantastic. The fancy lighting overhauls take too much away from realism in my opinion but I recognize they are popular.

Oh word? How can I get this reshades? Is there a tutorial or something out there? I had not realized that reshades were that big of an impact? And you have some pics of your game on deck? I am curious about how yours might look with that creed reshade? Thank you for replying bro!
xx2khazard

Postby bluejaybrandon on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:05 pm

xx2khazard wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:

Oh word? How can I get this reshades? Is there a tutorial or something out there? I had not realized that reshades were that big of an impact? And you have some pics of your game on deck? I am curious about how yours might look with that creed reshade? Thank you for replying bro!

No worries, happy to help. There’s others on here who have dedicated their entire modding experience to shading and lighting so hopefully they correct me or expand upon it. Here’s the link for the reshade:

https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey/mods/6

Should just be dropped into your nba2k20 folder. You might have disable some settings if you get a bad video quality initially. Basically it makes things much cooler in color tone and sharpens images quite a bit. That plus looyah’s arena mods and I’m very happy with how my game looks. Like I said it doesn’t have theatrical lighting like some people gravitate towards, just a more polished and enhanced 2k lighting.
bluejaybrandon

Postby fasz on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:58 pm

I tried to used the AC mod, but mannn it's taking too much ressources, my fps dropped like hell, do you guys know why ?
fasz

Postby dyopopoy on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:20 pm

nice share man!
Never knew these existed.
It's amazing to know lightings and shadings work well in every game.

So even though this reshade is for Assassin's Creed, this will work for NBA 2K20 too?
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel to download mods.
dyopopoy
Dyop Dyop Youtube Channel Creator

Postby DEIBYS2KMOD on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 pm

I think that if you have a low-cost PC, it is best not to use Reshade since it has an impact on resources, I get this type of lighting from the game engine without having to use Reshade
(Y)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User Discord :arrow: DEIBYS2KMOD#1430
PC :arrow: I5 3470,8G RAM,RX480
DEIBYS2KMOD

Postby Raynne on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:08 pm

DEIBYS wrote:I think that if you have a low-cost PC, it is best not to use Reshade since it has an impact on resources, I get this type of lighting from the game engine without having to use Reshade
(Y)
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

This guy's mods has the best lighting
Raynne

Postby fasz on Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:52 pm

i don't have a low cost pc, it a decent one i guess , but AC's mod is requiring a little bit much.

win10
Intel Core i5 @ 3.70GHz
16,0 Go DDR4 @ 3200Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
fasz

Postby bluejaybrandon on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 am

fasz wrote:i don't have a low cost pc, it a decent one i guess , but AC's mod is requiring a little bit much.

win10
Intel Core i5 @ 3.70GHz
16,0 Go DDR4 @ 3200Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

You may try lowering some of the reshade settings. Hit the “Home” key and play around by unchecking boxes. Maybe one of those settings is meshing well with your GPU. I’ve only got a 1080TI and I haven’t seen much of a hit to frame rates.
bluejaybrandon

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding