All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.7

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Patch 1.0.3b (7/5)

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:45 am

mlp111 wrote:
natkra90 wrote:
mlp111 wrote:
natkra90 wrote:When you select the summer mod from the roster, does summer folder change to waigua, and your waigua folder change to default inside your game folder?

No bro. It still remains the same

Ok. So there's three possible reasons why it wouldn't work.

1. The files are in the wrong location relative to the game folder.

2. The NBA2K20.exe files got mixed up. (Could happen if Windows blocked access of command prompt to the game folder at some point.)
Here's a patch to fix the .exe file names:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l574u2n6 ... up.7z/file

3. Windows is blocking access to command prompt renaming the folders. (most common)
To see if this is your issue, open command prompt.
Type this in one line at a time and hit [enter].
cd "Put your game folder here in quotations"
ren waigua default
ren default waigua

If it says access denied or something like that, Windows is blocking command prompt from renaming the folders.

A few troubleshooting steps:
A. Restart your computer. Any time you make a change to the game folder, restart before running launcher. This will ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.
B. Check to make sure the folders are not Read-Only. Right-click on NBA2K20 game folder, and uncheck Read Only if it's selected.
C. Tell your PC to stop scanning the folder. Go in your game folder in file explorer, hold down on ALT and hit V then Y then O.
The two boxes in the privacy section that start with "Show recently" and "Show frequently" should be unchecked.

Thanks bro.. will test this after work today

Just found an issue in one of the batch files that may be causing what you're experiencing. I created a new patch with a few steps to correct. Also, discovered a way to override Windows when moving files to command prompt. This will be on the next update as well. Hopefully that will resolve these issues for good.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Patch 1.0.3c (7/6)

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:06 am

Does this need to be run offline? I got a prompt to upload things to the steam cloud when starting it up online. Is it safe to upload?

Also, in running offline, it seems I'm missing the 96-97 Sixers court and jerseys. Any idea why that might be happening? Is there something I should do to add those files?
Huntsimracing

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:31 am

Online works just fine. Steam will sync your rosters/user data which is completely legitimate. The syncing doesn't involve graphical changes which is all this mod is doing. There is no cheating or changing the actual default roster that would effect online gameplay.

To get the 76ers court and jersey, launch the game from the _Retro_Mod_Launcher.bat in your game folder after you install the mod. This will load the appropriate changes for whatever roster you select and launch the game for you. You can create a shortcut to this file to your desktop or start menu.

natkra90

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:06 am

I've launched through the Mod launcher several times and there is still no 96-97 Sixers jersey. I'm just curious, does everyone else have that jersey? The court loaded properly. If anyone can verify, It'd be a huge help so I know it's an issue on my end.
Huntsimracing

Postby johnwest1985 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 am

@huntsimracing.. what roster are you using when you miss the 97 sixers jersey ? Shaq thunder main retro roster ?
johnwest1985

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:36 am

Huntsimracing wrote:I've launched through the Mod launcher several times and there is still no 96-97 Sixers jersey. I'm just curious, does everyone else have that jersey? The court loaded properly. If anyone can verify, It'd be a huge help so I know it's an issue on my end.

Here are the files directly related to the jerseys. Try patching over your game folder again. Maybe they didn't copy properly?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n2yjnfu5 ... ys.7z/file

natkra90

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 am

It's a possibility. I'm not sure what is causing it. I'll add the file and see if it works. Everything else seems to have worked seamlessly.
Huntsimracing

Postby Huntsimracing on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:57 am

That did the trick. Thanks so much for your help. Something must not have copied over properly
Huntsimracing

Postby outb0undflight on Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 am

So I can mostly get this to work except for one thing which seems to be giving me trouble. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

So, I run the BAT file, I'll select the 96-97 mod, and when I start up a MyLeague it all works fine. The problem is if I want to go back to my default 2k20 MyGM as the Kings, it''ll be using some incorrect logos when I restart with the Default roster selected. Seems to be mostly confined to the schedule and menus, ands specifically it's replaced the Hornets logo with the Bobcats logo and the Nets are using the red, white, and blue one. Not sure why that could be happening or how I would go about fixing it...
outb0undflight

Postby natkra90 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:14 am

outb0undflight wrote:So I can mostly get this to work except for one thing which seems to be giving me trouble. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

So, I run the BAT file, I'll select the 96-97 mod, and when I start up a MyLeague it all works fine. The problem is if I want to go back to my default 2k20 MyGM as the Kings, it''ll be using some incorrect logos when I restart with the Default roster selected. Seems to be mostly confined to the schedule and menus, ands specifically it's replaced the Hornets logo with the Bobcats logo and the Nets are using the red, white, and blue one. Not sure why that could be happening or how I would go about fixing it...

Attached is a batch file to correct this issue. Put it in your game folder and run it. You can delete after using. Will include this on the next patch. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. (Y)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

natkra90

Postby outb0undflight on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:38 am

natkra90 wrote:
outb0undflight wrote:So I can mostly get this to work except for one thing which seems to be giving me trouble. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

Attached is a batch file to correct this issue. Put it in your game folder and run it. You can delete after using. Will include this on the next patch. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. (Y)

No problem! I just assumed it was me. That definitely fixed the issue re: the default rosters but after running the batch file now if I run the 97 game there are teams (Nets, Bucks, Hawks, Mavericks, that I can tell) who are using the newer logos. Obviously not a major issue though, just figured I'd bring it to your attention.
outb0undflight

Postby natkra90 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:15 pm

outb0undflight wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

No problem! I just assumed it was me. That definitely fixed the issue re: the default rosters but after running the batch file now if I run the 97 game there are teams (Nets, Bucks, Hawks, Mavericks, that I can tell) who are using the newer logos. Obviously not a major issue though, just figured I'd bring it to your attention.

Yeah. The downside to using the configs is they don't affect anything until the actual gameplay, so any logos that are in conflict are not included yet. One thing I may do to rectify is release an edited version of the rosters that will allow unique id's for the logos to get around this issue. Have other priorities right now though.

Next update that I'm hoping to put out this weekend will cover every year in the NBA, so in stead of just selecting which roster, you type in the year, and it will alter the stadiums/dornas/scoreboards/floors/referees etc. This way, you can progress through a franchise and always have appropriate graphics.

natkra90

Postby johnwest1985 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:19 am

Just used the 13/14 Timberwolves and although the sb worked it still had a 2k watermark beside it. I used the Ultimate Retro Roster.
johnwest1985

Postby natkra90 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:44 am

johnwest1985 wrote:Just used the 13/14 Timberwolves and although the sb worked it still had a 2k watermark beside it. I used the Ultimate Retro Roster.

Looks like the watermark file is missing for FOX. Will include on the next patch. Put in waigua and should be good. Thanks for the heads up. (Y)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

natkra90

Postby pastrami1993 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:38 am

Hey natkra! So like most people here (if not all) I use a controller to play 2k20 since its obviously how the game is meant to be played. I actually have a TV PC that I play 2k on and with a controller, its the perfect situation for me. As a result, using a keyboard to use your .bat file kinda makes the experience a little less streamlined for me. Obviously that's an insanely first world problem but me being me, I spent the day yesterday making your main bat file compatible with controller use. Its not perfect and could definitely use some cleaning up but I was able to get it up and running, controller only, thanks to a program I use called antimicro. I'll drop a pic below but if you or anyone else is interested in how I did it, I'd love to post it here in the thread if that's alright with you.

pastrami1993

Postby natkra90 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 am

pastrami1993 wrote:Hey natkra! So like most people here (if not all) I use a controller to play 2k20 since its obviously how the game is meant to be played. I actually have a TV PC that I play 2k on and with a controller, its the perfect situation for me. As a result, using a keyboard to use your .bat file kinda makes the experience a little less streamlined for me. Obviously that's an insanely first world problem but me being me, I spent the day yesterday making your main bat file compatible with controller use. Its not perfect and could definitely use some cleaning up but I was able to get it up and running, controller only, thanks to a program I use called antimicro. I'll drop a pic below but if you or anyone else is interested in how I did it, I'd love to post it here in the thread if that's alright with you.

[ Image ]

That's awesome! We could do a controller and keyboard version of the launcher. The only issue is the next batch will have over 75 options. (One for each year the NBA has been in existence + the other roster mods. I could create submenus or combination buttons to make everything controller-accessible. Would love to see your setup to see if we can make it foolproof to install.

natkra90

Postby pastrami1993 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:06 am

natkra90 wrote:
pastrami1993 wrote:Hey natkra! So like most people here (if not all) I use a controller to play 2k20 since its obviously how the game is meant to be played. I actually have a TV PC that I play 2k on and with a controller, its the perfect situation for me. As a result, using a keyboard to use your .bat file kinda makes the experience a little less streamlined for me. Obviously that's an insanely first world problem but me being me, I spent the day yesterday making your main bat file compatible with controller use. Its not perfect and could definitely use some cleaning up but I was able to get it up and running, controller only, thanks to a program I use called antimicro. I'll drop a pic below but if you or anyone else is interested in how I did it, I'd love to post it here in the thread if that's alright with you.

[ Image ]

That's awesome! We could do a controller and keyboard version of the launcher. The only issue is the next batch will have over 75 options. (One for each year the NBA has been in existence + the other roster mods. I could create submenus or combination buttons to make everything controller-accessible. Would love to see your setup to see if we can make it foolproof to install.

Yeah that definitely makes things a little difficult going forward with my method lol. But yeah, I can record a quick vid showing everything off soon and hopefully have it up tomorrow for everyone to see
pastrami1993

Postby natkra90 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:33 am

pastrami1993 wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

[ Image ]

Yeah that definitely makes things a little difficult going forward with my method lol. But yeah, I can record a quick vid showing everything off soon and hopefully have it up tomorrow for everyone to see

Looking forward to it! :D

natkra90

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.4 (7/11)

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 am

Upload complete

natkra90

Postby SluggySports on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:34 am

Appreciate this! What rosters should I download for specific seasons (excluding the 90, 97, 2010) like the newer ones you added on the launcher??
SluggySports

Postby SluggySports on Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:34 am

Also, when I play with the 2010 thunder, their floor still isn't showing
SluggySports

Postby pastrami1993 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 am

Ok so it looks like this video is already out of date with the new update dropping lol but I'll post the vid below anyway. I'm sure it could be cleaned up but it works for now and I'm sure it can be scaled with whatever new update comes out in the future. I'll paste links to Notepad++ and antimicro and attach my antimicro configs to this post as well.

phpBB [video]

Notepad++:https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/
antimicro: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antimicro.mirror/

If natkra90 is cool with it, I can post my modified bat file as well
pastrami1993

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:50 am

Most rosters on 2K share will work. You can search by the roster year. The only reason they shouldn't work is if they're not altering the default teams to create their roster. So if they're swapping out the All-Time teams or something else it would be problematic, but most will follow the same format. I only officially support the ones on NLSC, but I do take requests.

Which roster are you using for the 2010 Thunder? I have it going with Thunder Shaq's 2010 roster, but it could be that a different roster references the court differently.

iamsluggy wrote:Also, when I play with the 2010 thunder, their floor still isn't showing

I just realized I forgot the 2010 courts in the patch! It's in the Standalone download. What I'm going to do is update the current patch to include the courts and release another patch with the courts only.
Last edited by natkra90 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:18 pm

pastrami1993 wrote:Ok so it looks like this video is already out of date with the new update dropping lol but I'll post the vid below anyway. I'm sure it could be cleaned up but it works for now and I'm sure it can be scaled with whatever new update comes out in the future. I'll paste links to Notepad++ and antimicro and attach my antimicro configs to this post as well.

phpBB [video]

Notepad++:https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/
antimicro: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antimicro.mirror/

If natkra90 is cool with it, I can post my modified bat file as well

This is really cool. You can release anything built on this mod as long as it has the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License attached to it. It's something we put in place because modders had concerns with their work being used for profit. Basically it just means you can't make money off it, and legally, you have to tell others not to make money off it either. Just put this at the bottom of the post and you're good.
Code: Select all
This is released with the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

[img]https://licensebuttons.net/l/by-nc-sa/3.0/88x31.png[/img]
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode

If you don't mind, what I'd like to do is create a batch with multiple menus that will be controller compatible to correspond with the newer batch.

Edit:
Went ahead and created a new launcher that is controller friendly with submenus along with step-by-step instructions to get it going. Also added the enter key to every button on your config to eliminate one more step. Will include this on the next update.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fzgs1je4 ... r.zip/file

natkra90

Postby pastrami1993 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:07 pm

I can’t believe I didn’t think of adding enter to every button press lol. Calling it a night after watching the fights but I can’t wait to take a look at this in the morning!
pastrami1993

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding