All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.7

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.1 (6/27)

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:25 am

Its here..https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109460&p=2003232&fbclid=IwAR1ZfdTpRD6ZhAqdRnbi34PiGI_vQ08rbQ5INVH-OyqVUHkPNizLObCBQe4#p2003232 i think you can import it in any global but i use global by michaelvlutz.. Will you update your config for the main Shaq Thunder roster ? He just released a update and changed some stuff in his config.
johnwest1985

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:35 am

johnwest1985 wrote:Its here..https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109460&p=2003232&fbclid=IwAR1ZfdTpRD6ZhAqdRnbi34PiGI_vQ08rbQ5INVH-OyqVUHkPNizLObCBQe4#p2003232 i think you can import it in any global but i use global by michaelvlutz.. Will you update your config for the main Shaq Thunder roster ? He just released a update and changed some stuff in his config.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah. I'm working on Thunder Shaq's update as well.

Can't believe I'm doing two updates within two days. :lol: Good stuff though.
Modding to cure childhood cancer (and for fun!)

Please direct any donations here:
https://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/2151392/donate
natkra90

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:36 am

Why dont you work together with him ? Yeah you are working like crazy.. Why do you have seperate configs ?
johnwest1985

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 am

johnwest1985 wrote:Why dont you work together with him ? Yeah you are working like crazy.. Why do you have seperate configs ?

The issue is my configs need to account for file duplicates and much more, so there's no point in collaborating on those. I just use his as a reference.

natkra90

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Released 6/27!

Postby mking2 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 am

natkra90 wrote:
mking2 wrote:Kool looking forward to the summer league and more updates , I have no problem if you like the icon use

Thanks. Update is released with summer league support!
Thank you bro you working to hard!!! But this is a way better product then what 2k gave us .
mking2

Postby mking2 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 am

natkra90 wrote:
mking2 wrote:Kool looking forward to the summer league and more updates , I have no problem if you like the icon use

Thank you bro you working to hard!!! But this is a way better product then what 2k gave us .
mking2

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:32 am

mking2 wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

(Y) You're welcome! The best part is it's only getting better thanks to everyone who is stepping up!

natkra90

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.2 (6/28) Uploading...

Postby johnwest1985 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm

Once again fantastic work bro ! I might have some sliders you will like to share also. Something that can be improved but surely way better. I will share it here soon. When i downloaded all this stuff i would like to help out modding dornas :)
johnwest1985

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.2 (6/28) Uploading...

Postby natkra90 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:19 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:Once again fantastic work bro ! I might have some sliders you will like to share also. Something that can be improved but surely way better. I will share it here soon. When i downloaded all this stuff i would like to help out modding dornas :)

Sounds good! :)

natkra90

Re: All-In-One Retro Mod: Update 1.0.2 (6/28)

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am

So I downloaded the full 7 gb file. Installed it into the main folder. This is updated version of your older Retro Dornas thread right? I dont know if I like the lighting though. So I am supposed to download that 1 GB file and copy it into the main folder? I'm not sure if I like the pictures you guys inserted into the title pages too. Well, I kinda dont need it. What do I do to restore that back to normal?

Edit: This is why I originally installed this game onto my external hard drive. All these mods take up too much space. I constantly have to make sure my C drive has enough space to keep up with mods.
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:26 pm

chronoxiong wrote:So I downloaded the full 7 gb file. Installed it into the main folder. This is updated version of your older Retro Dornas thread right? I dont know if I like the lighting though. So I am supposed to download that 1 GB file and copy it into the main folder? I'm not sure if I like the pictures you guys inserted into the title pages too. Well, I kinda dont need it. What do I do to restore that back to normal?

Edit: This is why I originally installed this game onto my external hard drive. All these mods take up too much space. I constantly have to make sure my C drive has enough space to keep up with mods.

Yes. This updates the retro dornas.

The 1GB file doesn't touch the lighting either way.

If you really don't want the lighting, you can erase everything, download version 1.0.1 standalone here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xlqvx2wh4 ... 29.7z/file

Install that, and then you can upgrade to 1.0.2 with the 1GB file:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6df7t6nv ... ng.7z/file

To get rid of the title pages, delete all the gooeyglobal and bootup files in waigua.

natkra90

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:05 pm

natkra90 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:So I downloaded the full 7 gb file. Installed it into the main folder. This is updated version of your older Retro Dornas thread right? I dont know if I like the lighting though. So I am supposed to download that 1 GB file and copy it into the main folder? I'm not sure if I like the pictures you guys inserted into the title pages too. Well, I kinda dont need it. What do I do to restore that back to normal?

If you really don't want the lighting, you can erase everything, download version 1.0.1 standalone here:

To get rid of the title pages, delete all the gooeyglobal and bootup files in waigua.

How do I know what to delete? I have a whole bunch of other files in the waigua folder too. Lol. I hate this. I should have known to download the 2nd and 3rd links from the original post. I looked at them too. This sucks.
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:13 pm

chronoxiong wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

How do I know what to delete? I have a whole bunch of other files in the waigua folder too. Lol. I hate this. I should have known to download the 2nd and 3rd links from the original post. I looked at them too. This sucks.

lol of course. What I would delete are the stadium and light map files from s000.iff through s031_floor_lightmap.iff (if you have it alphabetized).

Then install 1.0.1 standalone. Then install the 1GB 1.0.2 patch.

There might be a few stadiums leftover in there, but that would get rid of over 90% of it.

Is there anyone else who prefers the original lighting? Would it be worth making a standard lighting deviant?

natkra90

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm

natkra90 wrote:
chronoxiong wrote:
natkra90 wrote:

lol of course. What I would delete are the stadium and light map files from s000.iff through s031_floor_lightmap.iff (if you have it alphabetized).

Then install 1.0.1 standalone. Then install the 1GB 1.0.2 patch.

There might be a few stadiums leftover in there, but that would get rid of over 90% of it.

Is there anyone else who prefers the original lighting? Would it be worth making a standard lighting deviant?

Ok cool then. I will try to see how it goes with this one. And if I change my mind. I do want my menu screens to go back to normal though. Right now, the main menu has all these throwback photos on it. I don't need those. And I dont need the Kobe Bryant pic either. Sorry Kobe.
chronoxiong

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:11 pm

The main menu file is gooeyfrontend.iff. Delete that and you're back to normal.

natkra90

Postby chronoxiong on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:40 pm

natkra90 wrote:The main menu file is gooeyfrontend.iff. Delete that and you're back to normal.

I'm still getting the MJ and Kobe photos at the beginning though.

Anyways, whats up with the default config new scoreboard file. Am I supposed to use that one over the default config? I created my own ESPN Conference Finals and NBA Finals group file and I need to know which config to copy and paste those in. I was trying to do a Playoff video with the Clippers vs Lakers and I noticed that I was using the default ESPN scoreboard. Although there is a new end of quarter breakboard graphic.
chronoxiong

Postby johnwest1985 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm

chronoxiong you sound so demanding in all your comments..
johnwest1985

Postby RMJH4 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:05 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:chronoxiong you sound so demanding in all your comments..

Well said. If ders that many problems, just don't download it. Insane level of work here sorting those config.

Thank you again man for compiling this mod. In theory makes it so much more accessible for the majority of people. Well done natkra90. :bowdown:
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:28 pm

chronoxiong wrote:
natkra90 wrote:The main menu file is gooeyfrontend.iff. Delete that and you're back to normal.

I'm still getting the MJ and Kobe photos at the beginning though.

Anyways, whats up with the default config new scoreboard file. Am I supposed to use that one over the default config? I created my own ESPN Conference Finals and NBA Finals group file and I need to know which config to copy and paste those in. I was trying to do a Playoff video with the Clippers vs Lakers and I noticed that I was using the default ESPN scoreboard. Although there is a new end of quarter breakboard graphic.

Just to break it down:
All files that begin with bootup and gooeygloabal in the waigua folder are the intro screens.

gooeyfrontend.iff is the menu screen.

If you delete those files, it will revert back to the original.

When you run the launcher, it copies over the config in the config folder to the NBA2K_Hook folder and launches the game. So the default config can be found in "*gamefolder*\config\default". You can overwrite/alter that if you'd prefer to use your own in stead. Just keep in mind that much of the mod is dependent on the config, so a lot will go back to normal. For temporary use, you can just copy over the NBA2K_Hook folder and launch the game outside of the launcher.

natkra90

Postby natkra90 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 pm

RMJH4 wrote:
johnwest1985 wrote:chronoxiong you sound so demanding in all your comments..

Well said. If ders that many problems, just don't download it. Insane level of work here sorting those config.

Thank you again man for compiling this mod. In theory makes it so much more accessible for the majority of people. Well done natkra90. :bowdown:

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the support. It has been an insane level of work :lol: but totally worth it. Love how things are progressing.

To be fair, I don't think chronoxiong is trying to come across that way. Just trying to get everything set up. There could be others with similar questions, so don't want to discourage people to comment.

Edit: Also, just to clarify. This mod prioritizes ease of setup over ease of customization. Pretty much all you need to do is drop in your game folder and you're done, but if you're looking to make changes to it (especially a config), there will be a learning curve. I'm willing to help with any questions though.

natkra90

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:59 am

Natkra, Are we still able to change cyber faces and have them take effect when running through your mod? If I wanted to change the Iverson cyber face in the 2001 season, how would I do that? Just like normal?
Huntsimracing

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:29 am

Huntsimracing wrote:Natkra, Are we still able to change cyber faces and have them take effect when running through your mod? If I wanted to change the Iverson cyber face in the 2001 season, how would I do that? Just like normal?

It really depends. What you would need to do is look in waigua/2k1 to see if the facexxxx.iff is in there. If it is, then you can replace it in that folder, and it will run with that mod specifically. If not, you can drop in waigua, and it will run universally on every mod that doesn't have specific designation for a replacement cf.

In the case of AI (face8631.iff), his face is universal at the moment, so you can just put it in waigua.

If you have any suggestions or recommendations on specific faces for mods, please let me know, and I will try to integrate on the next update.

natkra90

Postby johnwest1985 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 am

I am working on a universal list for stadium and floor ids for all the involved rosters just to make things easier. Questions: 1)In thunder shaqs main retro roster the Thunder 2012 team seens to be using a Supersonics arena "s562"id instead of s024 which is the current arena for OKC and would be more accurate. Could you check if im right ? Maybe we can change it ? 2 IS there a reason for these two floor lines for only one team ? "r1967 76ers": { has these lines "f000.iff": "f585.iff"and also "f000.iff": "f575_67.iff"? Trying to identify all floors for every team.
johnwest1985

Postby natkra90 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:54 am

johnwest1985 wrote:I am working on a universal list for stadium and floor ids for all the involved rosters just to make things easier. Questions: 1)In thunder shaqs main retro roster the Thunder 2012 team seens to be using a Supersonics arena "s562"id instead of s024 which is the current arena for OKC and would be more accurate. Could you check if im right ? Maybe we can change it ? 2 IS there a reason for these two floor lines for only one team ? "r1967 76ers": { has these lines "f000.iff": "f585.iff"and also "f000.iff": "f575_67.iff"? Trying to identify all floors for every team.

1) Good catch. I changed the configs to put them in s024. Will be on the next update.
2) I do that because sometimes the roster will change which stadium is assigned to a team. This way if it reverts back, the config will cover it either way.

The most accurate way to find out what files are currently assigned to a team in the roster itself is load up the roster in game and look at it with Looyh's NBA2K Tools:
viewtopic.php?f=258&t=110006

Just keep in mind that this is what the roster has assigned before the config changes it.

natkra90

Postby Huntsimracing on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 am

Nat, which file needs to be downloaded first? The torrent, then the subsequent releases after that? I'm just trying to make sure I get it set properly
Huntsimracing

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding