i need help with blender (video included)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

i need help with blender (video included)

Postby YEDYE on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:43 pm

in this video im going to be showing you guys how whenever i try to edit hair or facial hair. it doesnt export it right. it exports it, but it doesnt export the version i edited it just exports the default one i started with. im going to show you this by importing the model i exported back into blender to show that it didnt change. if any of you can help, please do. ( btw it exports body models i edit just fine )
phpBB [video]
YEDYE

Re: i need help with blender (video included)

Postby advinXcola on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:03 pm

You need blender script that can export edited hair or headshape
advinXcola

Postby YEDYE on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 pm

advinXcola wrote:You need blender script that can export edited hair or headshape

thanks. what is that and how do i get it
YEDYE

Postby YEDYE on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm

also as a suggestion should i export model skeleton?
YEDYE

Postby YEDYE on Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:16 am

well im guessing by the amount of responses im getting nobody knows just like me how to fix the problem. ive been pm-ing certain people who i thought maybe could help and they tried and i appreciated the time they spent trying to help me but nobody seems to have a solution. ive been having this problem for months now so i guess ill just give up. big thanks to anybody who helped me out. maybe ill just buy 2k17 or wait til 2k21 (Y)
YEDYE

Postby YEDYE on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:27 pm

well i have now bought and started downloading nba 2k17 because apparently nobody knows why it wont let me mod 2k20 so 2k17 lets me so i guess this is what its come to (Y) :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YEDYE

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Mate, just watch tgsogood tutorials on yt, he has tutorials about setting up blender and everything. Once you set it up properly there are plenty of tutorials for everything else as well. You don't have to quit right away.
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby PettyPaulPierce on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:02 pm

One thing i can tell you is that whenever i edit beards or hair i edit that separately, meaning i just import that, without the body model. Never had issues exporting it, but i do remember not being able to properly export it once, when i tried to edit it together with the body model, which is why i never tried it again.
Consider supporting my work by donating here: https://paypal.me/pettypaulpierce?count ... le.x=en_US
PettyPaulPierce

Postby YEDYE on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:57 pm

PettyPaulPierce wrote:One thing i can tell you is that whenever i edit beards or hair i edit that separately, meaning i just import that, without the body model. Never had issues exporting it, but i do remember not being able to properly export it once, when i tried to edit it together with the body model, which is why i never tried it again.

thanks. im pretty sure when i first started i tried it separate and it didnt work and trust me ive watched his tutorials like 10 times each. it might just be my end. i dont know why but im pretty sure i mean ive been trying for months so im pretty sure ive tried everything but thanks. ill try it separate again though. thanks for the help
YEDYE

Postby monja on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:29 pm

I had this same problem bro, what I did was jump into the trevors blender thread, and I read there that if the export wasn't working that all you had to do was re install it, I did and it worked. I could export without problems anymore. Hope this helps.
Consider supporting my work by donating here:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/mnjpata ... le.x=en_US
monja

Postby YEDYE on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:47 am

monja wrote:I had this same problem bro, what I did was jump into the trevors blender thread, and I read there that if the export wasn't working that all you had to do was re install it, I did and it worked. I could export without problems anymore. Hope this helps.

thank you!!! I've actually installed the new version of blender but ive never reinstalled it. let me try
YEDYE

Postby YEDYE on Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:07 am

well sadly i reinstalled and it didnt work :cry:
YEDYE

Postby monja on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:36 pm

YEDYE wrote:well sadly i reinstalled and it didnt work :cry:

Hmm, that seems odd. I'll try looking for the exact comment in that thread. I'll update here later.

Edit:

I've found the comment trevor had about it where he attached the plugin files with it. Try deleting the "nba2k_tools" folder you currently have in blender and replace it with the files he attached, and install the plugin from there. This method solved the same exact issue I had. Hope it works for you man.

trevorjpt33 wrote:Hey all,

I had some extra time today because I am holding off to try and ensure an issue with 2K17 conversions is resolved before I work on the tutorial. I believe I found the bug in the new Importer/Exporter script that did not allow for writing in edits to hair/accessory/etc. files during export.

Can those that were experiencing that issue previously please try out this version and let me know if it works now? Again sorry for the delay and for this issue.
download/file.php?id=19018

Thanks
monja

Postby YEDYE on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:47 am

monja wrote:
YEDYE wrote:well sadly i reinstalled and it didnt work :cry:

Hmm, that seems odd. I'll try looking for the exact comment in that thread. I'll update here later.

Edit:

I've found the comment trevor had about it where he attached the plugin files with it. Try deleting the "nba2k_tools" folder you currently have in blender and replace it with the files he attached, and install the plugin from there. This method solved the same exact issue I had. Hope it works for you man.

trevorjpt33 wrote:Hey all,

I had some extra time today because I am holding off to try and ensure an issue with 2K17 conversions is resolved before I work on the tutorial. I believe I found the bug in the new Importer/Exporter script that did not allow for writing in edits to hair/accessory/etc. files during export.

Can those that were experiencing that issue previously please try out this version and let me know if it works now? Again sorry for the delay and for this issue.
download/file.php?id=19018

Thanks

okay thank you. let me try
YEDYE

Postby YEDYE on Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:04 am

this is soooooo frustrating. i exported it and it did the same thing that i showed in the video. what im wondering is how does it export the model that i started with when i completely changed it. like... HOW

EDIT: Its almost like i cant get the model out of blender. like i do all these things to it like make it smaller, change the shape etc. and it just exports the one i imported
YEDYE

Postby monja on Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:28 pm

If that's the case then, I really don't know how to help because that's what I did to fix the same issue. You can try and head over to trevor's thread and ask there, I don't know if he's still active though.
Link to thread: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=107838&start=75
monja

Postby mjk2000 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:01 am

I had the same problem. You need to edit appearance_info and change has_ts_beard ": true to false."
If you edit hair, do not change anything, let it be has_ts_hair ": true.

If you are adding hair and beard, the appearance_info file should look like this:
"has_facialhair": true,
"has_hair": true,
"hair_in_seperate_iff": true,
"has_ts_hair": true,
"has_ts_beard": false
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k21: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111763
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k20: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109889
mjk2000

Postby YEDYE on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:48 am

mjk2000 wrote:I had the same problem. You need to edit appearance_info and change has_ts_beard ": true to false."
If you edit hair, do not change anything, let it be has_ts_hair ": true.

If you are adding hair and beard, the appearance_info file should look like this:
"has_facialhair": true,
"has_hair": true,
"hair_in_seperate_iff": true,
"has_ts_hair": true,
"has_ts_beard": false

that does work and ive done it before but from my experience that allows the model to show up in game. Im all good on that part, my problem is that i cant get the model out of blender, unless youve tried it for getting things out of blender. ill try again tho
YEDYE

Postby mjk2000 on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 am

It helped me when I installed the importer exporter 2k19 from gregkwaste, trevorjpt33 ;)
And it works on nba2k20 on new blender 2.82 :)
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k21: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111763
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k20: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109889
mjk2000

Postby YEDYE on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:27 am

mjk2000 wrote:It helped me when I installed the importer exporter 2k19 from gregkwaste, trevorjpt33 ;)
And it works on nba2k20 on new blender 2.82 :)

thanks. havent got to it yet but ill definitely take a look
YEDYE

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding