lower3rd.iff - abandoned by me .... notes on last post -- 8/21/2020

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

lower3rd.iff - abandoned by me .... notes on last post -- 8/21/2020

Postby bongo88 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:48 pm

i was looking to change this texture:

maybe make it TNT or ESPN or something.

anyways, the corresponding texture is in lower3rd.iff

logo_2k_white_solo2k.55151083916c4d24.dds
logo_2ksports_sports_text.9d6009fbd2ee98d2.dds

anyways, if you open lwr3rd_config_commentators.SCNE the "sports" is a white texture, but the diffuse color in the SCNE file is red
Code: Select all
"Parameter": {
            "DiffuseColor": [ 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 ],
            "BaseTextureScaleAndOffset": [ 1.25, 5.0, -0.160908148, -1.88226235 ]
         },
         "Resource": {
            "BaseTexture": {
               "Pixelmap": "nba/databuild/art/ui/_textures/_global/logo_2ksports_sports_text.tga"

the diffuse color is 1.0, 0.0, 0.0 .... or 255,0,0 ... Red... important note

anyways, didn't fiddle with that too much... got distracted.

anyways, lots of different scene files in lower3rd.iff ... seem to control the popup team/player panels that pop up in gameplay.

for instance

lwr3rd_config_commentators.SCNE

opened in blender and moved around like this:

https://imgur.com/HlxNQmO

results in this in game

phpBB [video]

i broke a few others of the lower3rd.iff scene files.... wasn't really paying attention to which one i was breaking

i think opening lwr3rd_config_3x2headertitle.SCNE in blender and moving stuff around resulted in this video

phpBB [video]

but again, wasn't paying too much attention.... not sure if that is the correct scene or not... there's quite a few in lower3rd.iff

anyways, maybe i'll come back to it, maybe not (just too busy nowadays)
but if anyone is interesting in cataloguing what scenes control what panels... if you could post the information here it could be useful.

have a good day.
Last edited by bongo88 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bongo88

Re: lower3rd.iff modding discussion (in-game pop up panels -commentator/player/team)

Postby Murat on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:00 pm

the first steps to create specific statboards? amazing
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: lower3rd.iff modding discussion (in-game pop up panels -commentator/player/team)

Postby Santicruyff on Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi bro, as always making great discoveries and work, I admire everything you do. I liked the discovery so much that I started to make some edits hahaha here you have the previous ones, because my intention is to do all the tv sports that I can. As for the Blender part, I am a little more new and it costs me more, but as soon as I finish with this I will go looking and help you in what my little experience in that can, at least to alleviate some work. Thanks for all that you do

By the way, I realized that by changing this, this was also edited at the beginning of the scorebug that the 2k thing came out hahaha

Santicruyff

Postby bongo88 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:19 am

Santicruyff wrote:Hi bro, as always making great discoveries and work, I admire everything you do. I liked the discovery so much that I started to make some edits hahaha here you have the previous ones, because my intention is to do all the tv sports that I can. As for the Blender part, I am a little more new and it costs me more, but as soon as I finish with this I will go looking and help you in what my little experience in that can, at least to alleviate some work. Thanks for all that you do

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

By the way, I realized that by changing this, this was also edited at the beginning of the scorebug that the 2k thing came out hahaha

[ Image ]

oh, those are great.

so, there are only a few of the scene files that use the "sports" and "2klogo" intro

you just need to edit the scene files in notepad plus so that the dds is local .... you can name your localized dds anything you want
view these guide images: https://imgur.com/dc4UOUK and also https://imgur.com/9R6uO8T

see this download... i allready edited the commentary scene in notepad
i also put the scene files that youse the "sports in the archive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FVnq-F ... sp=sharing

phpBB [video]

by changing the diffuse color to [1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0] .... you won't be limited to just red on the "sports" side... if that makes sense.
bongo88

Postby ernel2014 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:58 am

Santicruyff wrote:Hi bro, as always making great discoveries and work, I admire everything you do. I liked the discovery so much that I started to make some edits hahaha here you have the previous ones, because my intention is to do all the tv sports that I can. As for the Blender part, I am a little more new and it costs me more, but as soon as I finish with this I will go looking and help you in what my little experience in that can, at least to alleviate some work. Thanks for all that you do

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Santicruyff and Bongo88, both demigods :bowdown: :bowdown2: . I can help as well
ernel2014

Postby Santicruyff on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:32 pm

bongo88 wrote:oh, those are great.

so, there are only a few of the scene files that use the "sports" and "2klogo" intro

you just need to edit the scene files in notepad plus so that the dds is local .... you can name your localized dds anything you want
view these guide images: https://imgur.com/dc4UOUK and also https://imgur.com/9R6uO8T

see this download... i allready edited the commentary scene in notepad
i also put the scene files that youse the "sports in the archive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FVnq-F ... sp=sharing

phpBB [video]

by changing the diffuse color to [1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0] .... you won't be limited to just red on the "sports" side... if that makes sense.

Hi bro, thank you very much for the changes you made :applaud: :applaud: , just when I saw it I was wondering if there was any way to put the sports part in various colors, so yes, I understood you perfectly, we thought the same hahaha, thanks to that I changed some things things that had done and adapt the new ones. Here I leave you everything I have done, and I explain it below. These are the sports tv that I have adapted.

for espn I made some small changes

For fox and nbc I made them with the normal version for each one or a special one in which the name of where each local TV of the teams broadcasts appears, so they can choose the one they prefer

I hope you like it and here is the link to download them with their names adapted for Looyh's hook tool http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3fpk3w6j ... t.rar/file
Santicruyff

Postby Santicruyff on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:37 pm

ernel2014 wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Santicruyff and Bongo88, both demigods :bowdown: :bowdown2: . I can help as well

Thanks bro, all help is very appreciated and more if it is from someone with the great dedication that you have :bowdown: :bowdown:
Santicruyff

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:38 pm

great job guys :D

hope we soon could fix stats panel too !
sticky-fingers

Postby bongo88 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:05 am

relevant scenes related to game popups

lwr3rd_config_1x1headertitle.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_1x1headerwraptitle.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_1x2header.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_2x2headertitle.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_2x36633headertitle.SCNE

seems to only be the header/headerwraptitle/headertitle. not sure what panel splitheader stuffffs controls. tested the ones in the image... havent tested the other scenes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bongo88

Postby bongo88 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:33 am

picture two moved all items.... seems like duplicates from picture one....

my guess would be this list (mostly picture 2; bottom 2 from picture 1)

lwr3rd_config_3x2headertitleranked.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_3x2502525splitheader.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_3x3204040splitmatchup.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_3x3502525split.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_3x3502525splitmatchup.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_4x2headertitleranked.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_4x2headertitlerankedteam.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_1x1headertitle.SCNE

lwr3rd_config_1x2header.SCNE
bongo88

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:55 am

wow, finally :bowdown: :bowdown2:
sticky-fingers

Postby zondac12 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:57 am

amazing, :applaud:
zondac12

Postby bongo88 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:46 pm

each scene given own panel (panel1.dds, panel2.dds) All the panel.dds size is intentional worng... easier to know which panel is correct and which are influenced by model. correct panel size included in notes below.

for instance... this scene edited in blender.
lwr3rd_config_3x2headertitle.SCNE

panel 10.dds
panel 11.dds
panel 4.dds
panel 18.dds

controls all the scenes for those particular dds panel... just means that all those scenes (10,11,4,18) are looking for the same model name
"lwr3rd_intro_banner_team_team_banner.5f1db5b94a53a672.model"
"lwr3rd_panel_player_team_lower3rd_player_team.560d751b1ff39322.model"
"lwr3rd_statboxes_stat_boxes.87b852eeb7e2cc12.model"

would need to go into the corresponding scene and rename the model (in scene file) as well as model in iff file... just for unique model... like panel 11 cant be same model as panel 10 because panel 10 (preview below) is smaller space and panel 11 might not fit in the panel 10 model.

i forget if renaming model is before blender edits or after blender edits... forget

move stats under..... Transform: stat_boxes
move player name under..... Transform: lwr3rd_panel_player_team:NAME_FIRST ; "lwr3rd_panel_player_team:NAME_LAST"

not sure about changing stat box "title"-- not sure about changing color or moving the "title" words
---- STAT Box Title in preview (panel 10 ) is black words ... "ON THE ROAD" ... left of scoreboard/stats

very slow process.... a true labor of love

as such, I won't be pursuing. maybe looyh or somebody could look through the scene files and find a path to speed up the process.

One panel half finished. too much work. I might continue later... but notes below in case somebody fiddles.

preview... half finished ... one panel... many possibilites... oh well... (panel 10)
phpBB [video]

panel texture is from karinge tnt scoreboard
could put custom panel to left of scoreboard. but waiting for correct panel to pop and then adjust words is to random and too long.
Notes download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CKOlje ... sp=sharing
bongo88

Re: lower3rd.iff - abandoned by me .... notes on last post -- 8/21/2020

Postby Santicruyff on Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:56 pm

This is simply incredible Bongo, what you have discovered would radically change the display of pop-up panels as we had never imagined. Thanks for so many awesome things you do :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Santicruyff

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:53 pm

Insane!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby P1VOT on Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Incredible work bongo! Ive always wanted to remove the 2k logo from most things in a game as it takes away the realism so thanks!
P1VOT

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 pm

another great thread
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding