How to remove tattoos from an NBA Player?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

How to remove tattoos from an NBA Player?

Postby luckylavs on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 am

I'm a bit new to modding NBA 2k20, so bear with me...

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to remove an NBA player's tattoos. Not remove tattoos from a "Create a Player" per se -- but remove them from one of the NBA players which came with the game.

I had considered two approaches, but I don't know how to accomplish either one. The first approach, perhaps what I would guess would be the better approach -- using Photoshop, for example,
the eyedropper tool -- select the normal skin color of the player (i.e. in the area outside of the tattoo) and simply paint over the tattoos with the normal skin color and save the file.
The issue here is: I don't know what the name of the file is that would have that NBA players skin -- and if that would be a file that I could edit in Photoshop.

The second approach would be to select a different NBA player's skin (i.e. a player with similar-color skin tone and with no tattoos) and simply rename is so it overwrites the tattooed skin file.
Same problem as above -- I don't know how to find the skin files.

I know some general things, like how to export files using the manifest and exporter tool, but I don't know which files I should be looking for. Which files would have those tattoos, and could I edit them in Photoshop?

Thanks in advance.
luckylavs

Re: How to remove tattoos from an NBA Player?

Postby Shuajota on Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:14 pm

luckylavs wrote:I'm a bit new to modding NBA 2k20, so bear with me...

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for me to remove an NBA player's tattoos. Not remove tattoos from a "Create a Player" per se -- but remove them from one of the NBA players which came with the game.

I had considered two approaches, but I don't know how to accomplish either one. The first approach, perhaps what I would guess would be the better approach -- using Photoshop, for example,
the eyedropper tool -- select the normal skin color of the player (i.e. in the area outside of the tattoo) and simply paint over the tattoos with the normal skin color and save the file.
The issue here is: I don't know what the name of the file is that would have that NBA players skin -- and if that would be a file that I could edit in Photoshop.

The second approach would be to select a different NBA player's skin (i.e. a player with similar-color skin tone and with no tattoos) and simply rename is so it overwrites the tattooed skin file.
Same problem as above -- I don't know how to find the skin files.

I know some general things, like how to export files using the manifest and exporter tool, but I don't know which files I should be looking for. Which files would have those tattoos, and could I edit them in Photoshop?

Thanks in advance.

This is too easy. Just delete the files chest_color.o.TXTR and chest_color.dds from the pngxxxx.iff
Shuajota
NBA2K Mods: www.shuajota.com

Re: How to remove tattoos from an NBA Player?

Postby luckylavs on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:15 pm

That worked perfectly -- much thanks!!
luckylavs

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding