Roster disappeared/stmp label

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Roster disappeared/stmp label

Postby bayareabred2khead on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:18 pm

Anyone please let me know if you've experienced the following and how you fixed it if you did.

I had a roster that I put a lot of work into. I edited some things and saved it and when I went back to it its gone for some unknown reason. When I go to path userdata\steamuserid\1089350\remote I see that the roster which is the Roster003 as you can see has a .stmp added to it and is labeled as a STMP File. This hasn't happened before this and I don't know what it means. What is this and where did my roster go?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bayareabred2khead

Re: Roster disappeared/stmp label

Postby jemamali on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:35 pm

bayareabred2khead wrote:Anyone please let me know if you've experienced the following and how you fixed it if you did.

I had a roster that I put a lot of work into. I edited some things and saved it and when I went back to it its gone for some unknown reason. When I go to path userdata\steamuserid\1089350\remote I see that the roster which is the Roster003 as you can see has a .stmp added to it and is labeled as a STMP File. This hasn't happened before this and I don't know what it means. What is this and where did my roster go?
I've experienced this several times. Typically it meant you have a corrupt file/mod somewhere. Rename the STMP File. By simply erasing it. Remember just erase the entire phrase stmp file. And your roster will restore itself. Eventually and hopefully you can locate the mod that corrupts your roster. That's the quick fix though. I had to check that folder constantly to ensure that stmp file doesn't appear. Eventually I had to erase my Wagiu folder and reinstall all my mods from scratch. I also ran test simulations in GM mode to see if it would crash after the 1st season. Hope this helps. That stmp file will also cause save game issues in GM mode etc.
jemamali

Postby bayareabred2khead on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:11 am

I've downloaded some shared cyberfaces, jerseys, and courts. Do you think that if one of those specific mods were corrupt that they would look messed up or be invisible or something? That would help identify which one is corrupt.
bayareabred2khead

Postby bayareabred2khead on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:45 am

And I just entered the remotecache at path Program Files(x86)\Steam\Userdata\mysteamuserid\1089350\remotecache and see this in the picture. Do these numbers tell us anything? I did notice how all the other rosters have numbers where roster003 has zeros
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bayareabred2khead

Postby jemamali on Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:26 am

bayareabred2khead wrote:And I just entered the remotecache at path Program Files(x86)\Steam\Userdata\mysteamuserid\1089350\remotecache and see this in the picture. Do these numbers tell us anything? I did notice how all the other rosters have numbers where roster003 has zeros
I cant confirm your last attachment and the meaning behind it. I did notice based on your previous question no invisible players, yet the modded jersey were the corrupt issue for me. Once i deleted various retro modded jerseys and ran sim beta test on gm seasons nothing crashed. I noticed the patches from sponsors on certain modded jersey would appear and dissapear. Havent had any issues since. Also if you notice any .tmp in that folder erase and rename as well. Use the same method as the stmp issue. I literally had to download 20 mods at a time to a roster, save it, simulate a season in gm mode for 3 season, to confirm if those mods will crash. I have over 200 mods for my GM season, thus it took some time to run those beta test. It so happen the last batch of jersey mods i uploaded and ran a simulated season in GM it crashed. There in told the issue for me. Deleted the jersey mods from my folder, ran another simulated season, after season, and know issues. Hope this helps.
jemamali

Postby bayareabred2khead on Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:36 am

I deleted the stmp away from the Roster003 to try to get the Roster back but it didn't work. I got the Roster back a different way which was going to the remote folder, selecting Roster003, right clicking and going to properties, then getting the previous version of the Roster and dragging it over the corrupted roster to replace it. I put an hour worth of edits into the roster that corrupted but at least I got it back. I hope that's the solution.
bayareabred2khead

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding