Enable All-Star/Park Animations in normal games?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Enable All-Star/Park Animations in normal games?

Postby joobles on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Hey all!

I've been creating some fictional players for a semi-fictional Euroleague MyLeague and playing the games CPU v CPU.

Through 2K tools and Limnono you can equip playground layups, park dunk packages, and other hidden animations.
My problem, however, is that these animations do not trigger in-game unless it's the All-Star game in MyLeague.

Selecting the "Entertainment Function" in Limnono doesn't seem to do the trick.
Is there anything one could do to enable these "flashy" animations for regular quick play gameplay?

Seems like the game does activate something to allow these animations in the All-Star game, so it theoretically should be possible to enable this for regular gameplay with a mod.
joobles

Re: Enable All-Star/Park Animations in normal games?

Postby joobles on Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Update: Kind of on to something.

Using the 2K Explorer to access nba_animations.iff you can replace animations in other layup packs with park layups to achieve this. Been experiencing some crashing when I replace the first 8 WNBA layups with the 8 park layups, but not crashing when replacing Gervin's 2 animations with the first 2 park animations. Still testing, will update with more.

I wonder if it's possible to create custom layup packs. Would need to know where the presets for layup/dunk packs are stored and how they call on animations. If anyone has any knowhow, I'd love to hear it!
joobles

Re: Enable All-Star/Park Animations in normal games?

Postby blessiesantos7 on Sun May 08, 2022 3:25 am

Hi do you have any update on creating your animations?
blessiesantos7

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding