Player Nickname in Place of Last Name on Jersey?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Player Nickname in Place of Last Name on Jersey?

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:19 am

Has anybody found a way to display the player's nickname in place of their last name on the jersey? I tried finding an option to display it through 2K20Tools, and I had no luck. I can edit Pete Maravich's nickname on the jersey since he has this enabled by default for the All-Time Jazz. This would be useful for teams with multiple players who share the same last name and used their first initial to distinguish the players. (example: K. Malone and J. Malone, B. Wallace and R. Wallace, etc.) This could potentially be a nice touch of detail for rosters.
RayRay_953

Re: Player Nickname in Place of Last Name on Jersey?

Postby Bassman58 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:52 am

I believe the "Name Showcase" is supposed to allow the use of more letters. It should allow one or two letters for the first name plus the last name. This would work for the Morris twins in the past on Phoenix or Holiday Bros. on Indiana. I tried using the "Jersey Nickname" in 2K21 for the Space Jam 2 characters without success.
Bassman58

Re: Player Nickname in Place of Last Name on Jersey?

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:23 am

Bassman58 wrote:I believe the "Name Showcase" is supposed to allow the use of more letters. It should allow one or two letters for the first name plus the last name. This would work for the Morris twins in the past on Phoenix or Holiday Bros. on Indiana. I tried using the "Jersey Nickname" in 2K21 for the Space Jam 2 characters without success.

Name showcase appears to allow multiple letters in the roster edit screen if the player's first initials are similar to another (Morris twins, as you mentioned). I was looking to add the player's first initial to show on the back of their jersey alongside their last name for players who have the same last name. So far, the Jersey Nickname feature only works with Pistol Pete, but there seems to be no option to toggle this on or off. Perhaps I would need to use something like Cheat Engine for this?
RayRay_953

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding