Olympic Basketball Legacy - V6.1 RELEASED! 160 teams! [pg.9]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Olympic Basketball History 4.0 Released!

Postby d-fish on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:22 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:You are correct, it's related to the SYNC.BIN file. 2K changes the roster structure every patch as a form of anti-piracy, so I'll need to provide the SYNC.BIN file as a mandatory download for anybody who installed 2K20 after the server shutdown.

Edit: Here's the SYNC.BIN file. This will be required for people who didn't get the latest patch for 2K20 or had to reinstall after the shutdown.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rPG-ep ... sp=sharing

Thank you so much for the quick response, RayRay_953! The SYNC.BIN file did the trick. Everything seems to be working now. I really enjoy this MOD so far. I appreciate your hard work on this MOD--and everyone else who was involved, as well. Very cool & thanks again!
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby eda on Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:10 pm

d-fish, long time no see, nice to see you drop by!
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby d-fish on Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:16 am

eda wrote:d-fish, long time no see, nice to see you drop by!

Hey eda! Yeah, I wasn't sure if you'd remember me, since it's been so long since the Nation Teams MOD we worked on together... Plus, after working on that, I've been out of the public MODDING scene for such a long time. I mostly make a few things for myself or fix things that I don't like with other people work. Plus, I haven't bought a new NBA2k game since 2k20 & I rarely play anymore. In fact, I didn't even have NBA 2k20 installed on my computer before the January 22 Deadline (I had deleted it earlier in the year from a previous reinstall of Windows)... I had no idea that the game basically BREAKS after 2k shuts down the networks... how stupid is that?!?! I didn't have any of my SAVES or SETTINGS or any of that crap backed up, cause I didn't know that they did that with older versions of NBA 2k games, cause I've always bought the new version every year until after 2k20... I mean, what's the point in spending $60 bucks to pay for 2k21 or 2k22 when it's the same game?!?!

It's funny, but the last idea I had a few years ago was to make a MOD of '92 Dream Team Olympics--with all of the teams/jerseys/courts/etc... So, it's great that you, of all people, created an Historic Olympic Basketball MOD! I think your idea works better than my idea to just focus on the '92 Olympic Basketball Teams... Before I started to work on the '92 Olympic Basketball MOD, I searched the entire internet to try & find images of the other country's players so I could create cyberfaces for them, but many of them are nearly impossible to find (especially Angola & the Asian countries)... That was the main reason why I decided to abandon that idea--PLUS, I didn't think that I could find any helpful & talented guys like yourself to help me. Honestly, I wasn't sure any of the folks from the good ole NTeams days are still around...

Anyhow... CONGRATULATIONS on creating this awesome MOD!!! I finally got a chance to play it after RayRay_953 uploaded the SYNC.BIN file and I REALLY like it!

It was good to talk to you & I'm glad you hadn't forgotten me. I saw your name on this project and was really glad to know that you were organizing & orchestrating it, cause I knew it would be a quality MOD with you working on it. I hope you keep updating it, cause I really enjoy it so far. I'll make sure to check back in now that I know you are around & that you remember me. Take care & talk to you soon, I hope!
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby eda on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:52 am

Forget?How could I. Not after the work we have done :)

I know exactly what you mean. There are so many talented modders around and starting something like OBH without knowing any of the them was rather a long road. But thankfully, i managed to find guys who had same ambitions as I back then. Shuajota, Arnau and more.

And after the release of the first version, Ray has been on the board and became the main driving force of the creating process spending hours on roster /ratings/accessories etc. Then, one more retro fan joined in - asty08.
Since version 1,they are the guys who make the mod alive and kicking.
Version 5 is in the works while at the same time work on version 6 is moving forward. By the 6th release the OBH project is going to include most of the teams from the Olympics ('80 - '20). It's big.
Thanks for the kind words (Y)
On the other hand, if you feel like it,you are always welcome to join in. We actually need someone who could make a face or two ;) In some cases with older teams , we are using lookalikes and we're planning to make at least 1-2 faces fir key players for certain teams. So,ket me know if you're into facemaking.
Make sure to check the thread once in a while,cool stuff is coming !
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:09 am

The OBH project has gone far beyond my expectations with this upcoming update...
Thanks to the hard work RayRay_953 and asty08 , the update will include 25 Olympic basketball teams from years 1980-2008!
That is why the title of the update is BREATH OF INSANITY instead of simply 5.0
RayRay_953, asty08 - you guys, your passion and dedication and countless hours of work are that breath of insanity that is making the project go beyond the limit of sane!

Team list of the upcoming update:
Argentina 1996
Argentina 1996
Australia 1992
Australia 2000
Australia 2008
Brasil 1992
Brasil 1996
China 1996
China 2008
Croatia 1996
France 2012
Germany 1992
Greece 1996
Greece 2004
Greece 2008
Italy 2000
Yugoslavia 2000
Puerto Rico 1996
Russia 2000
Russia 2008
Serbia 2004
Spain 1988
Spain 1992
Spain 2004
Unified Team 1992
Venezuela 1992
Last edited by eda on Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: Olympic Basketball History: BrEaTh of InSaNiTy Update preview! [pg.7]

Postby eda on Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:35 pm

More team previews.
Face updates.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby eda on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:33 am

eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:16 pm

amazing presentation in this thread
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby eda on Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 am

TGsoGood wrote:amazing presentation in this thread

Thanks, TGsoGood (Y)
It deserves that.
We've given it heart and soul. Time and devotion.
It's not history anymore, it's an Olympic Basketball Legacy - a tribute to the game we all love!
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby chule on Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:53 am

eda wrote:
TGsoGood wrote:amazing presentation in this thread

Thanks, TGsoGood (Y)
It deserves that.
We've given it heart and soul. Time and devotion.
It's not history anymore, it's an Olympic Basketball Legacy - a tribute to the game we all love!

It really is. Really impressive work, lots of details, and impressive number of the teams.
chule

Postby eda on Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:56 am

Thanks, chule!
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:42 am

A private test update has been sent to find bugs prior to the public release, stay tuned! In the meantime, here's another teaser featuring Australia's Andrew Bogut from 2008 (CF by sticky-fingers)
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:24 am

IT'S OLYMPICS. IT'S BASKETBALL. IT'S HISTORY.

IT'S COMING.

eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Olympic Basketball History 5.0 RELEASED!!!

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:19 am

Olympic Basketball History Version 5.0 RELEASED!
Just in time for March Modness, version 5.0 of OBH is released with 25 new teams! There are now 72 playable teams from the 1980 - 2020 Olympics! This update is possibly the biggest yet for this project, so check out the update log at the bottom of this post! A huge thanks to users like eda, asty08, chule, sticky-fingers, Shuajota, and Arnau13 for making this project possible!
5.0 Waigua and Config files
5.0 Roster file

Update log:
OBH UpdateLog 5.0.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayRay_953

Re: Olympic Basketball History: V.5 - Breath of InSaNiTy Update RELEASED! [pg.7]

Postby eda on Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 pm

Congratulations, Ray, asty08. I am really proud of the work that has been done (Y)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: Olympic Basketball History: V.5 - Breath of InSaNiTy Update RELEASED! [pg.7]

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:51 am

Small updates for Volkov, Jimenez, and Ortiz' cyberfaces so now their face texture blends better with their body
OBH 5.0 CF Updates
RayRay_953

Postby chule on Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:18 pm

For me, this is the best mod ever. I'm not into modern NBA, I always played some retro mods with NBA '90s or PC Basket where I would create Croatia '90s and Jugoplastika 88-91 and played FIBA or Euroleague vs today's teams.
This is pure perfection and return to the childhood, with so much details and so many retro national teams.
Thank you guys for all of your work, you have created an amazing mod.
chule

Postby eda on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:03 am

chule wrote:For me, this is the best mod ever. I'm not into modern NBA, I always played some retro mods with NBA '90s or PC Basket where I would create Croatia '90s and Jugoplastika 88-91 and played FIBA or Euroleague vs today's teams.
This is pure perfection and return to the childhood, with so much details and so many retro national teams.
Thank you guys for all of your work, you have created an amazing mod.

Thank you for you support, chule.
This is exactly why the project has come to life - to go back into the past and experience at least a part of what we felt back then.
Something we will never forget.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby MrLonguinha17 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:43 am

Good Morning. I saw this patch last week on the internet, I already knew other similar ones about "Olympic Games" but this one caught my attention even more for being able to play with the Brazil team from 1988, 1992, in addition to many other classics. But I've been trying to get it to work for 2 or 3 days and I still can't. I don't know where I'm going wrong.
1st: as I have the game NBA 2k20 , I was very interested in the patch mod "Olympic Basketball History".
2nd : as the servers are no longer working, I followed the steps of everything to download and install, "SYNC.bin" what they indicated.
OBH 5.0 Update and OBH 5.0 Rooster.
3rd: I entered my NBA 2k20, it gives a series of errors when I enter, because the servers do not work, I create an offline "Rooster", then I exit the game, I copy the "Rooster 0078" into the "userdata" " folder where it is installed my "steam".
4th: The "Rooster" I created, I copy and paste in the same place, delete what I created and rename the "Rooster 0078", to what I had created.
5th: I enter the game, press "Rooster" but nothing happens...I still try to go to "quick play" and with the controller try to press "L" but nothing happens. I don't know where I went wrong, or is this patch still not available? Thank you very much in advance.
MrLonguinha17

Postby RayRay_953 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:35 am

MrLonguinha17 wrote:Good Morning. I saw this patch last week on the internet, I already knew other similar ones about "Olympic Games" but this one caught my attention even more for being able to play with the Brazil team from 1988, 1992, in addition to many other classics. But I've been trying to get it to work for 2 or 3 days and I still can't. I don't know where I'm going wrong.
1st: as I have the game NBA 2k20 , I was very interested in the patch mod "Olympic Basketball History".
2nd : as the servers are no longer working, I followed the steps of everything to download and install, "SYNC.bin" what they indicated.
3rd: I entered my NBA 2k20, it gives a series of errors when I enter, because the servers do not work, I create an offline "Rooster", then I exit the game, I copy the "Rooster 0078" into the "userdata" " folder where it is installed my "steam".
4th: The "Rooster" I created, I copy and paste in the same place, delete what I created and rename the "Rooster 0078", to what I had created.
5th: I enter the game, press "Rooster" but nothing happens...I still try to go to "quick play" and with the controller try to press "L" but nothing happens. I don't know where I went wrong, or is this patch still not available? Thank you very much in advance.

Have you tried changing the team type to "Classic NBA Teams" then scrolling to the left or right to find the teams? Most of the Olympic teams are in the "Classic NBA Teams" Pool, while some of the Team USA teams are in the "All-Time Teams" pool. Also, have you installed Version 1-4 of the mod before Version 5?
RayRay_953

Postby MrLonguinha17 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:51 am

[quote]
Have you tried changing the team type to "Classic NBA Teams" then scrolling to the left or right to find the teams? Most of the Olympic teams are in the "Classic NBA Teams" Pool, while some of the Team USA teams are in the "All-Time Teams" pool. Also, have you installed Version 1-4 of the mod before Version 5?

RayRay_953

Yes, I went to the classic teams. But I will download and install everything again, very slowly. I think I'll do a detailed tutorial... it's been a while since I installed a patch on NBA2k20... I believe the last one I installed was a FIBA mod (Basketball World Cup 2019)... and I think I had some problems. But thanks for replying.
MrLonguinha17

Postby MrLonguinha17 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:55 am

RayRay_953 wrote:
MrLonguinha17 wrote:Good Morning. I saw this patch last week on the internet, I already knew other similar ones about "Olympic Games" but this one caught my attention even more for being able to play with the Brazil team from 1988, 1992, in addition to many other classics. But I've been trying to get it to work for 2 or 3 days and I still can't. I don't know where I'm going wrong.

Yes, I went to the classic teams. But I will download and install everything again, very slowly. I think I'll do a detailed tutorial... it's been a while since I installed a patch on NBA2k20... I believe the last one I installed was a FIBA mod (Basketball World Cup 2019)... and I think I had some problems. But thanks for replying.
MrLonguinha17

Postby eda on Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:36 pm

MrLonguinha17, did you install hook tool which enables mods?

First off, you need this - viewtopic.php?f=258&t=107881
The installation is simple - you 'simply drag the contents of the zip file into the NBA 2K20 main directory'.
waigua is the folder you will have to put all the files of the OBH 2k20 mod version from 1 to 5;
You seem to have understood the way of the offline roster installation works.
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Postby MrLonguinha17 on Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:01 am

Okay...yesterday I redownloaded all parts "1-5"...everything you need, besides the "sync.bin" file, the last one that was posted. I couldn't install it yesterday because it was late, now I'm not at home, at night I'll install everything slowly, carefully. These patch mods for both NBA 2k games and other sports are my favorites. Just making a comment, unfortunately 2k games never made a "custom tournament" available....I say this because I played a lot of NBA Live 2010 on X360, which had the FIBA version with 4 groups of 6 original in the game, I know that the main objective of the game is the NBA. But thinking about playing a shorter tournament with friends, it would be fantastic. I keep imagining this mod "Historical Olympic Games" with this possibility.....but unfortunately it's just a dream....See you later! Thanks again.
MrLonguinha17

Postby adrzycimski on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:31 am

This is awesome. Is it possible to get the iff files from this and use them in NBA 2k22?

Edit: Tried and the players for teams whose jerseys I changed would go invisible. Does that mean this isn't possible?
Last edited by adrzycimski on Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
adrzycimski

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding