Olympic Basketball Legacy - V6.1 RELEASED! 160 teams! [pg.9]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: Olympic Basketball History: V.5 - Breath of InSaNiTy Update RELEASED! [pg.7]

Postby eda on Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:05 pm

adrzycimski wrote:This is awesome. Is it possible to get the iff files from this and use them in NBA 2k22?

I don't think so. Well,at least not with some adjustment.
On the other hand, 2k22 nor 2k21 aren't that different from 2k20. Thus, getting 2k20 is a much more simple way to immerse into the world of Basketball History!;)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: Olympic Basketball History: V.5 - Breath of InSaNiTy Update RELEASED! [pg.7]

Postby adrzycimski on Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:19 am

eda wrote:I don't think so. Well,at least not with some adjustment.
On the other hand, 2k22 nor 2k21 aren't that different from 2k20. Thus, getting 2k20 is a much more simple way to immerse into the world of Basketball History!;)

I was actually able to! However I can't find some of the jerseys..USA ones in particular.
adrzycimski

Postby adrzycimski on Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:24 am

I see what happened. I got the 5.0 with all the iff files but I can't figure out how to find all the iff files from the waigua folder.
adrzycimski

Postby hokupguy on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:54 am

looks great, I most definitely make some arenas for this. do u plan on making any other teams?

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:05 am

hokupguy wrote:looks great, I most definitely make some arenas for this. do u plan on making any other teams?

Thanks for the kind words hokupguy! We're currently working on Version 6 which will primarily focus on some of the more recent Olympic teams spanning from the 2000s to around 2016 (with some '80s and '90s teams too). I love the arenas you've created, and would be very interested in seeing what you could contribute for OBH :wink:

Edit: We're currently using retextured NBA arenas as a base for the Olympic arenas for 1980-2020, and we will also be adding some of the Pre Olympic teams from 1988 and 1992 in version 6
RayRay_953

Postby hokupguy on Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:10 am

RayRay_953 wrote:
hokupguy wrote:looks great, I most definitely make some arenas for this. do u plan on making any other teams?

Thanks for the kind words hokupguy! We're currently working on Version 6 which will primarily focus on some of the more recent Olympic teams spanning from the 2000s to around 2016 (with some '80s and '90s teams too). I love the arenas you've created, and would be very interested in seeing what you could contribute for OBH :wink:

Edit: We're currently using retextured NBA arenas as a base for the Olympic arenas for 1980-2020, and we will also be adding some of the Pre Olympic teams from 1988 and 1992 in version 6

sounds great, I will be more than willing to make some relating to the 1992,1994,1996 games. It will take some time between other mods and commissions that I get but you got me for at least 3-4 sets and also probably 1984.

hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby eda on Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:23 am

I'm really glad the project managed to attract one more retro basketball enthusiast, hokupguy!
I've seen some of your work and same as Ray,can't wait to see what you can do for the OBH (Y)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

Re: Olympic Basketball History - Tribute to Olympic game of basketball.

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat May 21, 2022 11:10 am

We've got some surprises waiting in version 6! There's also a possibility that you could see some Pre-Olympic teams featured as well, so stay tuned :D
RayRay_953

Postby chule on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:15 am

Give us some pictures! We're unpatient to see the news
chule

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:45 am

After I fixed the crashing issue with 2K20, the OBH project is back on track!
RayRay_953

Postby Pep on Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:12 am

I wish for mod like that for 2k14.
Btw I've notice an little misspelling on Toyko ball, it's says "Arrroved" instead of "Approved".
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:19 pm

Pep wrote:I wish for mod like that for 2k14.
Btw I've notice an little misspelling on Toyko ball, it's says "Arrroved" instead of "Approved".

It's always nice to hear positive things from a seasoned modder like yourself, Pep. I remember eda talking about how you helped with jerseys in various FIBA mods. The approach for an Olympic mod came to be since I noticed only a few Olympic teams have been made as bonus additions, but rarely has a full FIBA/Olympic mod been done as of late.

Yeah, I just noticed the misspelling on the Tokyo Ball :oops:. That's how the ball originally looked, as we were given permission to use it. I'll see if eda can update the texture to correct the mistake.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:26 pm

Version 6 Teaser - Tournament of the Americas!

As a bonus feature in version 6, various teams included in OBH ('92 Dream Team, '92 Brazil, '92 Venezuela, and two new teams coming in version 6) that have competed in the 1992 Tournament of the Americas will have the option to play on that court. It can be accessed by selecting the "Home (Tournament of Americas)" jersey in Jersey Select.
Huge credits to sevin0seven for the original textures from 2K19 (I made some minor adjustments)
RayRay_953

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:39 pm

RayRay_953 wrote:Huge credits to sevin0seven for the original textures from 2K19 (I made some minor adjustments)

your welcome! glad you can use it on this awesome mod of yours.
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby hokupguy on Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:43 am

RayRay_953 wrote:
Version 6 Teaser - Tournament of the Americas!

As a bonus feature in version 6, various teams included in OBH ('92 Dream Team, '92 Brazil, '92 Venezuela, and two new teams coming in version 6) that have competed in the 1992 Tournament of the Americas will have the option to play on that court. It can be accessed by selecting the "Home (Tournament of Americas)" jersey in Jersey Select.
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Huge credits to sevin0seven for the original textures from 2K19 (I made some minor adjustments)

the court looks great !!! i currently working on 3 arenas dedicated to the 1992 dream team for you guys if you want them.

dream team vs USA select team = UCSD Gym
Tournament of Americas = Portland Veterans Memorial Coliseum
92 Olympics = Pavelló Olímpic de Badalona

if you want I was thinking of also doing the gym in Monte Carlo where the famous 5v5 scrimmages took place Team Jordan Vs Team Magic, they also played the 1992 France team there.

hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby RayRay_953 on Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:48 am

hokupguy wrote:the court looks great !!! i currently working on 3 arenas dedicated to the 1992 dream team for you guys if you want them.

dream team vs USA select team = UCSD Gym
Tournament of Americas = Portland Veterans Memorial Coliseum
92 Olympics = Pavelló Olímpic de Badalona

if you want I was thinking of also doing the gym in Monte Carlo where the famous 5v5 scrimmages took place Team Jordan Vs Team Magic, they also played the 1992 France team there.

Yes, the OBH team would absolutely love your work to be included! We're also in the process of adding the 1992 Developmental Team and converting their younger cyberfaces from 2K19. Feel free to create all three stadiums and send them when you're done. So far, I've successfully converted college-era Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill from the 2K19 Classic Seasons mod.
RayRay_953

Postby sevin0seven on Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:33 pm

let me know if you guys need the 1994 World Basketball Championships in Toronto court (Dream Team II); I also created this one a while back:

"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby RayRay_953 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:22 am

sevin0seven wrote:let me know if you guys need the 1994 World Basketball Championships in Toronto court (Dream Team II); I also created this one a while back:

[ Image ]

Looks great, we could definitely use that court. Later on, the Dream Team II and another 1994 FIBA team will be bonus additions to the mod.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:03 am

1992 Developmental Team mural preview:

RayRay_953

Postby smatz151 on Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:18 am

I downloaded the files to try this mod for the first time. I am having issues extracting the first set (1-12) using 7zip. Is anyone else experiencing issues when try to extract these files?
smatz151

Postby smatz151 on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:50 am

smatz151 wrote:I downloaded the files to try this mod for the first time. I am having issues extracting the first set (1-12) using 7zip. Is anyone else experiencing issues when try to extract these files?

Nevermind. I was missing one of the files so I got it working now. Any target date for version 6 release?
smatz151

Postby smatz151 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:17 am

Enjoying this mod so far. Is there a way though to play MyGm without it crashing? I can't seem to get past the team selection in creating a custom league in season mode.
smatz151

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:29 am

smatz151 wrote:Enjoying this mod so far. Is there a way though to play MyGm without it crashing? I can't seem to get past the team selection in creating a custom league in season mode.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the mod so far! As of now, the roster isn't compatible with MyLEAGUE due to the teams having less than 14 players. What you could do is go to one of the retro NBA teams and copy "Retro Filler" to a player DNA. Add his clones to each team so they have 14 players each and see if that works.
RayRay_953

Postby RayRay_953 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:18 pm

Bonus Addition: All-Time USA vs All-Time World
For a while, the USA and World All-Star teams were left unused, so I had the idea to turn them into All-Time teams! This is a homage to the International team from Team USA Basketball on the Sega Genesis, where the best International players were placed on a singular team. You'll get to experience the best of the United States and the International players uniting on their respective teams for the ultimate game. For the preview picture, I've blurred out one of the players for All-Time World, since he's a new addition in Version 6.
RayRay_953

Postby eda on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:06 pm

Outstanding and unique work, Ray and Mike!
I haven't seen so much love for the retro around forums for a looooong time.
Keep it up guys (Y)
eda
FIBA 2k FatheR

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding