ISO Answers

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

ISO Answers

Postby ChrisW112 on Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:52 pm

I am in search of answers. I am one of the few faithful that still love modding and playing 2K20. I won't tolerate the newer 2K's annoying and terrible shooting release types.

Therefore, when I bought a new PC in December, I was eager to pick up right where I left off from my laptop. Life kinda happened and I wasn't able to start getting back into it until over this past weekend.

However, I'm running into major problems. What I did was, I tried to transfer my roster files, MYLEAGUE saves and draft classes. Originally, when I installed 2K on my new computer, all of those files showed up anyway, because they were synced with my game thru Steam. However, in an attempt to launch any MYLEAGUE or roster file it would list it as corrupt, or at least the roster files. The MYLEAGUEs would just list an error as "Please connect to the 2K sports server to load this file" and obviously THAT's not possible.

So then I thought, I'll do it the old fashioned way. I'll copy all the rosters, MYLEAGUEs, and draft class from the remote folder on my PC for NBA 2K20 (File path Program Files (x86) > Steam > userdata > 79326729 > 1089350 > remote) and then make NEW roster files, MYLEAGUE files and etc, then just copy in the ones I put on a memory drive and replace the files in their location. It's important to note I have all the proper mods installed on the new version of 2K on my new PC, including the Hook and waigua. But nope. Tried that, the roster file even if its a working roster, I quit out of 2K completely, and then replace that roster save with a renamed version of the roster file from my OLD 2K on the memory drive, still doesn't work. I load back into 2K and it shows it as corrupted.

I'm wondering if ANYONE has ANY fix to this issue. This is a last-ditch call for help before I just give up on PC modding entirely. As is, Madden 20 support through Frosty ToolSuite (which is used to modify Madden 20) stopped working because EA the EA app took over support for all games on all platforms by EA and etc, and Origin has been discontinued. I've had shit luck with modding a few of my all-time classics from the past few years.

I would rather not have to go back and redo EVERYTHING as far as restarting associations completely and rosters and everything else. I literally would have to build them from the ground up, and idk if classic rosters are even available for download on this platform anymore.
ChrisW112

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding