NBA 2K21 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Re: NBA 2K21 Wishlist

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:45 am

I only play myLeague, and the game is probably pretty much finished at this point, but here are some things I'd like to see:

Gameplay

I actually like the gameplay in 2K20, probably because I'm not good enough to truly find it frustrating. Having said that, I do have some notes.

- Let us set up default offensive and defensive settings for every team. In myLeague I have to set up defensive settings for 29 other teams, even though they're pretty much the same for all of them. It's even worse for quick games since you gotta pause the game to do it before tip off. Seems like an easy one to fix
- Put some sort of delay on Y/triangle passes after getting a rebound. Too often I'll grab a rebound and either throw it right back to the other team or throw up some pathetic lob to nobody because I'm mashing the rebound button
- Bring back the ability to direct teammates off ball in a certain direction
- Reign in the green releases a bit

myLeague / myLeague Online

I started playing myLeague online this season and it works pretty well! However, I do experience some lag despite a fairly good internet connection, and a lot of features are missing. Here are some specific suggestions:

- I've noticed that when I invite someone to play a game, they will often get lag while my game runs fine, and that I'll get lag if the other person invites me. When the lag is bad, this almost always decides the outcome of the game. I'm not sure what can be done with this beyond improving the net code, but at the very least, there should be an option for both players to agree to nullify a game result if they want to try again without needing the league admin's approval
- Players never agree to contract extensions in myLeague online
- The salary cap should be adjustable by the league admin at all times
- In general, player progression should be more dynamic - on-court performances, playing time, awards and also some randomness should exist to make it so second round draft picks aren't completely useless, and progression isn't so predictable and boring.
- I know it exists with fantasy drafts, but there should always be a no duplicates option that will only keep the highest rated instance of a player, and replace the rest with generic John Smith types
Lamrock

Postby DEIBYS2KMOD on Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:16 am

minimum graphics level for 2k21

phpBB [video]
User Discord :arrow: DEIBYS2KMOD#1430
PC :arrow: I5 3470,8G RAM,RX480
DEIBYS2KMOD

Postby wired71 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Somethings I thought of that I'd like to see:

1. Ability to have exportable stats & Rosters to excel or some other external options outside of the game
2. Ability to adjust settings any way you like. I.e. Shot Clock Length, # of seasons games, adjustable playoff tree options beyond 16 teams Think march madness options mentality here.
3. Ability to bring in updated rosters to your myleague experience any time you want without having to restart or manually edit with or without modding tools
4. Ability to bring in players in my league with goggles and/or other type of player edits
5, If we cannot get exportable stats, at least the ability to see more than 3 players in boxscores post exhibition games. Currently in Myleague you can see 6-8 players at once. When it is exhibition its 3 players at a time.
6. Give the same coaching options in exhibition as you get in myleague
7. Ability to choose which game within the myleague calendar you want to play/sim first. Not be forced to play that days game in the order the game gives you.
wired71

Postby BPDHoplite on Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:57 am

Looking at the leap from 2K13 to 2K14 I do not know what the expect graphics wise but I feel like im gonna be underwhelmed lol

Guessing PC will be a year late again possibly has anyone talked about that yet?
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:37 am

Yes, PC's confirmed to be a Current Gen port for NBA 2K21.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby gsquared13 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:30 pm

every season should be in the game from 1946 up to 2021 theres alot of people modding so nba 2k should pay people to do it
gsquared13

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm

gsquared13 wrote:every season should be in the game from 1946 up to 2021 theres alot of people modding so nba 2k should pay people to do it

The problem isn't in lack of people who'd do it, the problem is in intellectual rights. 2K is missing rights to quite a few players, including several prominent ones like Sheed or Barkley.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby herodadotus on Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 pm

Mostly MyLeague offline:

Fix the save issue with custom uniforms in MyLeague: it’s been around since 2017/2018 at the very least.

More customization choices for the court floor and arena. I feel like the uniform customization is p good.

Better face customizations, maybe just go with a slider system?

“Create a WNBA player“ as an accessible option

Co-Ed custom rosters, just for kicks. I know a couple people that were really let down by the fact that they couldn’t finally actually have a myplayer that was their gender, at the very least, so might as well go the extra mile and add that and custom co-ed rosters

Most of the gameplay and offseason stuff has already been covered by others.
Last edited by herodadotus on Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
herodadotus

Postby eddie2003prt on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Not so much a wish list point. But I would point out 2k13 and 2k17 had the dream team. Not sure they would be included because the Olympics didn't happen, but it is that time in the cycle. I'm always up for new historic teams.
eddie2003prt

Previous

Return to NBA 2K21