NBA 2K21 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

NBA 2K21 Wishlist

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 pm

It's about time to start our Wishlist for NBA 2K21, so here is our official NBA 2K21 Wishlist thread! This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make the next iteration of NBA 2K better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K21 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K20, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K20 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback in an organised list, which will also contain a "Top Wishes" section based on general consensus.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K20 by Andrew on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:48 pm.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K21 Wishlist

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:06 pm

(Y) Here is my Wishlist

Most of what I want to see improvement on are gameplay related. The game itself is the deepest sports game on the market overall, but that doesn't mean that roster accuracies don't hurt the depth somewhat.

Skating/floating players should be addressed: It has been a staple of the last three games (2K18, 2K19 and 2K20). Its not only visually troubling, but it also impacts outcomes and hurts the feel. Better foot planting is sorely needed.

Sucked in: Being sucked into other players is another item that is visually troubling, but also impacts outcomes and hurts the feel. Have the ball in the post? If a defender is within a few feet of you, you will often get sucked into him (Which sometimes results in you losing the ball), Trying to finish strong at the rim with space? If a defender is a few feet within distance you will be sucked into his body, impacting the % chance the shot has to go in. This is easy to feel and see in real time, but especially noticeable when you go into instant replay, where you will see your players feet sliding across the floor into another player.

Shooting: Go back and play 2K15 through 2K17, and you will see and feel that shooting makes more sense. The shooting motion for the players feel better, less rushed, and more authentic. In NBA 2K20 the shooting not only feels rushed, but it also feels like you have less control because of it.

Dribbling: I would prefer the size-up system that we had in 2K16, where we had front, back, and side sizeups that we could use in full or break out of. The new dribbling system needs work, as changing directions with the dribble feels awkward, and the dribbling mechanics in general are lacking in authenticity. The ball just transfers hands often, and dribbling speeds are unrealistic at times as well.

Animation delay: Passing on the perimeter feels delayed, and at times heavy animations are the cause. Moving the ball on the perimeter is not nearly as smooth, quick, or reactive as it should be, which impacts outcomes and allows the defense to easily adjust to what would be in real life a wide open shooter. Go back and play titles that had better and more reactive passing (2K15 through 2K17), the difference is not a small one.

Defense: Transition defense is a nightmare. You can literally just run by the CPU a lot of the time for an easy score, often times the defender just moves out of the way, or the CPU player gets confused and just goes to guard someone else leaving the paint completely wide open. Help defense is no better, as you can routinely get to the hoop and score after you get by your first man, and the defense seldom adjusts. On ball defense is hurt by blow bys that happen often (Not as bad as 2K18, but still pretty bad). I can routinely ISO with a quick player on the hardest level, and just keep running to the hoop and scoring (with no dribble moves), and help rarely adjusting. I demonstrated this on one of my videos. Slider tweaks can help address it, but not get rid of the problem completely. And, the game shouldn't allow that to begin with on the higher difficulties by default, that is not something the game should have as an issue out of the box. Its foundation needs to be better than that.

Legacy Issues: Dropping the ball still happens more often than it should, often times it happens when the ball doesn't make contact with anything (Hits the air close to a player). Body steals and body blocks are legacy issues for the series and still need to be looked at.

Takeover: I think this element should be removed completely, it feels incredibly arcade and belongs more in NBA 2K Playgrounds.

Playcalling: They took away the quick playcalling by position that so many people loved from 2K17, 2K18 and 2K19. You used to be able bring up your players icons, and for example choose your SF, followed by having a set of quick plays you could call for them on the fly. I've seen a thread about this on Operation Sports where basically everybody was in agreement about how disappointing it is that it wasn't included in 2K20.

Roster accuracy: The retro teams are neglected, and poorly done. You have direct copy and paste jobs (Billy Cunningham has all of Blake Griffins signatures), they changed jump shot animations but didn't go through and adjust the players appropriately on the retro teams. Example: Drexler has a set shot now with a release in front of his face because the jump shot 8 animation was changed, which was his old base, and they just imported it from 2K19 and didn't adjust him. The same thing happened to Dominique WIlkins, and numerous other players on the classic teams, where they shoot absolutely nothing like themselves. This is not only disrespectful to the classic players and legends, it also impacts the experience with those teams. And for those who don't know any better, they can be left with the wrong impression about a player or his playstyle with all of these inaccuracies. As if kids today weren't already mostly clueless about the past NBA, it certainly doesn't help when a popular sports game does a poor job representing the past. I mentioned Blake/Cunningham copy and paste job, I have a list of over 30 of them I found.

Speed/quickness/vertical ratings are mostly inaccurate for the retro teams, as are much of the tendencies and other ratings (like mid range, 3pt, dribbling ratings), etc. With the now teams, they do a bit better of a job. But still certain inaccuracies stick out like a sore thumb, like Luke Doncic having a 0 on step back tendency, and stars having higher ratings than they should in many areas.

Net: The net doesn't react realistically at all by default, which is why Maumaus net mod was such a big hit when I showed it on my youtube videos. The net doesn't have enough movement, shots rarely swish, and it just overall lacks the life it should.

Running animations: The running animations in 2K20 are truly puzzling/ Players look like ostriches when they run, and it's happening all game.

Be more FOR the gamer, and more fair to the gamer: The money grab has not stopped, in fact its gotten worse over the last 3 years. Consumers are sick of it, and feel forced to spend extra money on VC in order to be competitive and play with friends relatively close to launch. The grind is wearing on people, and they are making it known. A good amount of the player base is fed up with 2Ks "greedy" practices (without a lack of a better word for it). If they keep going the way they are, another company could come in and do things right by the gamer, threatening 2Ks reign at the top. A big reason for the rock bottom user scores on Steam and Metacritic is because of this. Preying on kids/teens is not a good look for 2K, and by preying on them they are also preying on the parents. People deserve better.

TNT scoreboard/License: Who wouldn't want to see this in 2K21? We have wanted it for years, especially with Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Shaq already in the game.

Barkley/Miller: Donate to the retired players association and get Barkley and Miller squads in the game, which would also make them available in myteam That donation would probably grant you access to other missing legends and retired players as well.

So again, most of my wishlist are gameplay issues I would like to see addressed, or parts of the gameplay in general that I would like to see improved. Nothing is more important than what is happening between the lines during an actual game.

I am however looking forward to NBA 2K21, I think 2K will try to make a statement like they did with NBA 2K14. I'm expecting the graphics to blow us away, while also tightening up the gameplay in some of the areas I mentioned above.
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:13 am

Gameplay :
- improve players reactions : they feel too heavy, not enough explosive for fast players : the game isnt just fun anymore
- improve speed difference between fast players and slow players, specially on acceleration. A slow C should not contain a fast PG even with simple dribbles...
- improve AI defense, specially in transition
- improve collision management between players, and players and with other 3D objects (ball, basket structure, side courts ads panel)
- bring back 2K19 ingame tactics selection menu
- improve default ROSTER : players tendencies, team playbooks for current and classic teams

Presentation :
- back to 2K10 pre game footage, 2K11 post game options.
- remove useless half-time animations or let us swap them faster
- bring back "player of the game" at the end of the game
- improve team select menu, something like that by conference
- bring back the VIP user console
- add more camera zoom/height options

Options :
- game rules : let us select the rules : no 3sec in paint, no 3pts etc ... (limnono tool shows that its implemented)
- allow us to create our own scoreboards, swipes, presentations, courts
- import players DNA, rosters from previous games
- let us create teams
- extra community option : let us edit rosters OFFLINE

Graphics :
- improve hair cuts, it looks so old gen for caucasian players (check nvidia hairworks)
- improve animations : foot planting, but also transitions between animations
- improve faces, specially some classic players (like W.Perdue) have been converted and are terrible
- improve cheerleaders :mrgreen:
- improve crowd, like in WWE
- graphic filters for retro teams like 2K did for 2K12
- impove CAP

Money :
- Remove VC
- Remove other adverts (tv show ads, hashtags etc...) ! we've PAID AND for a FULL AAA GAME ! or release NBA2K as a Freemium...

MyGM/MyLeague :
- remove (awful) scenario in MyGM
- it will be great to see players getting older (face, hair, weight, position)
- add random lockout periods

Online :
- improve netcode
- add match making
- make it simple to play a quick only game with a friend
- track/ban cheaters on PC

Steam :
- improve integration (Workshop / steamguard vats / cards)

PC
- 2K21 with the new engine of the PS5
sticky-fingers

Postby Bassman58 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:59 am

I only play offline but some of these issues may apply to online modes too.

1) Fix the inconsistencies between the PA announcer and commentators. Even between the same commentator. Moe (Moritz) Wagner's last name is said wrong by Kevin Harlan at times. His last name is pronounced vahg-ner like the composer, Richard Wagner, not like the college or Milt Wagner. Moe and Richard are both German.
2) Zach Collins is sometimes referred to as "John Collins"
3) WNBA players sometimes are called "He". Fix the pronouns.
4) Expand on the WNBA. Add a create a player (CAP) option for females. Since this is an Olympic year give more support.
5) If 2K Sports can not secure rights to some players have a CAP player with representative ratings but with different names. Users can adjust the face and name themselves. I don't like the teams with a bunch of "John Smith's". Years ago EA's MVP Baseball 2005 had Jon Dowd playing for the San Francisco Giants. It was really Barry Bonds. Easily fixed using the editor. I would think retired players would want their name remembered. Most do not have exclusive deals with other developers.

Just adding more to this post instead of creating a new one.
6) For created players add a "none" option for nicknames. Use the player number if the name is not in the names database.
7) Ability to turn off some NBA rules. Three point shots. We are able to do this using a trainer. Good for teams prior to 1979.
8) Add more CAP options such as glasses(Mikan or Rambis), goggles and face masks (Rip Hamilton or for injuries).
9) Add more CAP hairstyle options. More colors such as gray. Retro styles such as crew cuts and mullets.
10) Allow the user to change uniforms for the CPU team also. Along with accessory colors.
11) Allow coach gameplan assignments for offense and defense to be saved. Very useful when playing MyLeague with the same team.
12) Allow saving games while in Play Now. Can't always play a full game when real life intervenes.
13) Some saves during MyLeague do not resume at the point in time the save was made. Goes back in time 10 seconds. Possibly at quarter breaks only.
Last edited by Bassman58 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bassman58

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:29 pm

Bassman58 wrote:5) If 2K Sports can not secure rights to some players have a CAP player with representative ratings but with different names. Users can adjust the face and name themselves. I don't like the teams with a bunch of "John Smith's". Years ago EA's MVP Baseball 2005 had Jon Dowd playing for the San Francisco Giants. It was really Barry Bonds. Easily fixed using the editor. I would think retired players would want their name remembered. Most do not have exclusive deals with other developers.

I've seen this before and I'll just chip in that this would run dangerously close to getting sued by the players for unlicensed use of their likeness. Name and face are not everything.
If you had "John Doe" as starting PF of 2012 Heat with height of 6'11", weight of 235 lbs and skills like Chris Bosh. Everyone would know easily it's Chris Bosh. At that point you can get Chris' lawyer calling you with "yo, wtf, pay up".

Sure, Bosh is now actually in, but the point stands.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:46 pm

Indeed. There have been too many lawsuits over "in all but name" and "totally not him, wink, wink" stand-in players to make that feasible. Probably a more viable solution would be to expand the CAP options to include full bio data (Draft information, date of birth, etc) so that we could create decent versions of missing players without the need for external roster editors, except to apply a face file.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby DEIBYS2KMOD on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:11 am

SUGGESTIONS:
1. use raytracing for global lighting I think
2.Resolution use all resources in 1080p 60fps nothing is done with the 4k
3. Hair must have movement be more realistic with physical chords
4. collision physics.

in conclusion I think they should use all the graphic power in 1080p 60 fps or 120 fps with physical graphics and realistic textures I think there is all the potential to make a game out of series
User Discord :arrow: DEIBYS2KMOD#1430
PC :arrow: I5 3470,8G RAM,RX480
DEIBYS2KMOD

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:48 pm

DEIBYS wrote:SUGGESTIONS:
4. collision physics.

in conclusion I think they should use all the graphic power in 1080p 60 fps or 120 fps with physical graphics and realistic textures I think there is all the potential to make a game out of series

RT is pretty useless and too greedy in term of resources.
But I'm agree about textures. Some OLD textures (retired players numbers, championship banners, arena details etc...) are even in lower resolution (128x128 / 256x256) and come from old gen games.
Problem : it takes a lot of VRAM, and they work mostly for consoles which are optimized mid-end PC.
sticky-fingers

Postby luricz on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 am

My suggestions are more on the "bring back" side and mostly about animations and flow in terms of gameplay and inmersion. The first three are a Must in my opinion.

1. Change the horrible running animations when the player sprints and the arms shaking animation when you move with intense defense, their where good in 2k19
2. bring back the defensive system when the def player faces by default the off player so we can have again positional soft and intense Def movement and if you want to run you press the sprint button like before.
3. increase the players reaction time on offense, catch and goes and starting fastbreaks, This is game breaker and probably the most important aspect to improve in my opinion, now the player takes ages to start moving, maybe removing unnecesary and duplicated animations which happens with the left stick.
4. Bring back the fluidity in the shooting motion
5. Allow us to create custom rosters and teams using the team rebrand feature
6. New and more real animations for passing the ball, change the soft one-handed pass especially in fast breaks
7. New and more real animations for passing the ball in mid air when cancelling a penetration layup/dunk
luricz

Postby DEIBYS2KMOD on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:43 am

sticky-fingers wrote:
DEIBYS wrote:SUGGESTIONS:
4. collision physics.

RT is pretty useless and too greedy in term of resources.
But I'm agree about textures. Some OLD textures (retired players numbers, championship banners, arena details etc...) are even in lower resolution (128x128 / 256x256) and come from old gen games.
Problem : it takes a lot of VRAM, and they work mostly for consoles which are optimized mid-end PC.

I believe that in terms of unlimited only if you can apply LIGHTING: shaded the RT only for lighting are almost 13G of GDDR6 RAM that I think can be used to apply a better textured, as for pc we have to update because the version that comes for nba 2k is going to ask for minimum I think an rx5700.
User Discord :arrow: DEIBYS2KMOD#1430
PC :arrow: I5 3470,8G RAM,RX480
DEIBYS2KMOD

Postby The Human Highlight Film on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:11 am

1. Fix the skin textures. Players have looked like GI Joe action figures since 2K18, the have this plastic feel to them.

2. Add better muscle definition, give us more options on this.

3. Allow users to fully edit player bodies. head length/width and depth, neck length and width, shoulder length/width, back width and depth, arm length/width, hand width, finger length, waist width, upper leg width, calf width, feet length.

4. Get rid of the dark lighting (crowd) in classic arenas or at least give users the ability to edit it (dark, light dark and light).

5. Get rid of the charge lines and 3 point line in specific classic courts (according to their year).

6. Provide a complete arena creator with different arena parts (past and present).

7. Allow users to customise arena objects like shot-clock model (retro/modern), scorers table, dorna ads type, enable/disable cheerleaders, enable/disable mascot, sounds (including music and buzzer/horn sounds).

8. Give users the freedom to play with era specific rules (Pre shot clock, Pre 3- Point, 80's and 90's including ilegal defence).

9. Allow users to customise the year for association, season and playoff modes.

10. Allow users to include retro Finals and Playoffs marking to courts.

11. Include WNBA arenas and alow users to use them as NBA arenas for custom teams.
The Human Highlight Film

Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K20 (SUBMITTED)

Postby legitlychickenbutt on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:36 am

MYPLAYER: Start a myplayer at any point in nba history.. go up against legends.. become one yourself
legitlychickenbutt

Postby The Human Highlight Film on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:12 am

- Focus on offline play and game modes

- Get rid of badges, most of them ruin the gameplay (the most sim community rosters are the ones who don't use them).

- Fix the lack of swishes for Real FG % users.
The Human Highlight Film

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:29 am

1. Footwork needs an overhaul, it will actually improve a lot of the game play if done right
- back peddling is an issue which is why it's easy to blow past defenders.
2. Foot speed has to be better out of the box, 2K20 marketing said it was improved, but it was more of a band-aid than a real fix.
3. Play calling, add over/under screens in the on the fly menu, as well as easier access to a lot of other simple defensive changes
4. Like NBA Live turn off CPU generated plays (automotion) the user should be able to do all the play calling without interference.
5. The ability to save coaching profiles for each coach. I shouldn't have to go into the start menu to use plays I like for certain teams.
6. Frame rate issues on console is ridiculous, I'm sure this will be better for next gen, but it really needs to be better.
7. Badges should be deeply explained. What do they affect, how do they boost your player's rating, what other ratings they affect (see NHL series)
8. I agree with player textures, but those should be improved for next gen I'm assuming
9. Celebrity all-star game with custom rosters with influfencers, this would be a nice addition to all star weekend.
10. Better use of tight spaces within game play, a lot of the collisions animations need an overhaul.
11. The ability to change the game speed in MyCareer, it is not fast enough and the game is sluggish because of it.
12. Reduce player momentum in general, player clear a lot of space when they shouldn't. The offensive player has way too many advantages.
ThaLiveKing

Postby InFaMouS ny on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:22 am

I created a huge wishlist with images etc. thats too much to post here.

https://www.webgemsnyc.com/nba-2k21-ultimate-wishlist/
InFaMouS ny

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:12 am

Contract incentives in MyCareer for Park and Rec games.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:31 pm

To add to my wishlist, the ability to take teams into MyLeague with less than 14 players (maybe make the requirement 8 or 10)

Currently, when you enter a myleague with a team that has less than 14 players, the game automatically assigns real NBA players to each team to get the team to 14 guys. Not only has 14 players not always been the requirement in the NBA, but a lot of retro teams only have 8 to 10 real faces.

Having this option available to those who create retro rosters (single season or URB/UBR type) would be huge.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mjk2000 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:48 am

My wish is more complete retro teams. Maybe New York Nets, Washington Bullets, San Diego Clippers. Maybe a few exotic teams from the ABA league, like Floridians ... with unique jerseys and a stadium... That would be something special;)
I play nba2k20 only because of retro teams.
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k21: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=111763
Retro cyberfaces for NBA 2k20: viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109889
mjk2000

Postby play297 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:35 am

- Separate MyCareer and MyPark, in order to use custom rosters/sliders/whatever you want into MyCareer
- (PC) Possibility to download MORE than 6 team designs in total
- Possibility to export roster from MyLeague, MyCareer, etc... for play now or just for playing another MyLeague with the same roster (and the same expansion teams)
- Adjust the player progression in MyLeague. I'm tired to see good 80/82 OVR players in Free Agency
- A decent team designs/logo search
- More rules customization in MyLeague, like start with less than 30 teams (ideal for classic teams)
play297

Postby Deviances on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:11 pm

play297 wrote:- Separate MyCareer and MyPark, in order to use custom rosters/sliders/whatever you want into MyCareer
- (PC) Possibility to download MORE than 6 team designs in total
- Possibility to export roster from MyLeague, MyCareer, etc... for play now or just for playing another MyLeague with the same roster (and the same expansion teams)
- Adjust the player progression in MyLeague. I'm tired to see good 80/82 OVR players in Free Agency
- A decent team designs/logo search
- More rules customization in MyLeague, like start with less than 30 teams (ideal for classic teams)

I fully agree on the separation between MC and MyPark (on the other points too but especially on this one).

These are 2 completly different modes. The only common point is that you have to play with your own player.

The targeted public is different for both. I've seen many park players complaining about the "obligation" to play some nba training and so one to be able to improve their player, and MC players complaining about the VC system and the attribute limitation for their player.

So a separation of these two modes would allow:

-A logicial progression system for your MC player => no need for VC (let's be honnest, 2K will never get rid of VC as long as people keep buying them in order to be competitive, and people want to be competitive in the Park, Pro-am and My team). Without VC, you can have a more classic progression system: you have to go to training to improve specific part of your game, and by that I mean improve attributes, not only badges. I would agree on a slower progression system as it is now. In 2k20 (and older), you can go from 60gen to 90gen in less than one season. Nobody progress that quickly IRL. And a slower progession would make you play a longer career in order to be a great player.

-You could choose the real potential of your player => so no more limitation to your attributes as it is now. If you want to be the new MJ you are free to do it.

-The possibility to use an edited roster and if you want the possibility to play a MC with a real player.

-And please oh please, stop with the b*llsh*t decision such as choosing the color of your gatorade bottle, and put instead some real nba basket decisions: chosing your agent, what you want to do during the off season (work at the gym, improve a part of your game (3pt, post offense ...), if you are a star => contact other players to convince them to join your team...), a relation system with your teamates (it would be nice that if you are a star and there is another star on the team, it's important to work on your relation with him or otherwise it ends up like kobe and shaq so that the team has to choose between one of them)..

AS for the non MC part:

-Fix the potential of the players => most of players, especially young players, has a really high (above 85) potential, which means that after a couple of years in Myleague, half of the players are above 85, when a balancer roster should have a majority of players around 80 or less. it also goes for the auto generated draft classes

-Fix the tendencies of the players. Lots of centers have a really high drive tendencies for exemple (when they shouldn't). PG sometimes have a low lay up tendencies, but a high drive and close shot tendencies. Which make them run to the basket, stop, and take a silly shot which usually ends up blocked or heavily contested.
The 3pts repartition tendencies is also completly broken. Almost EVERY players have a really low center left 3pts tendency, a mid-low center tendency and a really high center right tendency. If you want to see what I'm talking about, launch a Myleague, simulate until the end of the season, and look at the repartition of the shots of the players. You will see James Harden attempting 800 shots from the center right and like 50 from the center left. In game, it results in top 3 scorers to shooting from these position unless they are wiiiide open.

And finally for the 2k21 i would be really happy to have a tribute mode for Kobe. Maybe something like playing some challenges linked to kobe's carreer (first nba game, first game against MJ, rookie career's high, first title etc......)
Deviances

Postby BPDHoplite on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:15 am

Just talking about potential,

Shamarie Ponds went from a 68 to 85 in one off season for me ( Yes really +17)

With absolutely 0 editing from myself on the 2K roster for MyLeague.

Was wack
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby froxas on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:21 am

MyLeage/MyGM:

I wish there would be more enjoyable time in the off-season.

For example, signing free agents will now require fun negotiations like the NBA Live 10 had. In Live 10, you had to offer/promise them winning, money, role, etc. to win their hearts and make them jump into your ship. The game also had a real-time interest meter that goes up whenever your offer tickles the player. If I remember it right, your city's market also mattered when signing the players.

In addition, in 2K20, CPUs do not trade their players that much and it becomes boring. It only happens in the draft. Also, I hope to see sign-and-trade tendencies from CPUs.
froxas

Postby pistonnation on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:12 pm

-Presentation

I've been on my hands and knees begging 2K to upgrade their arena audio. It is just way too stale and has been the same for years and years. Same organs, same audio cues, same crowd sfx, the list goes on. EA actually manged to get the actual arena music for specific team arenas. I've wanted this same audio design for such a long time. PLEASE let this be the year that it is upgraded.
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby wombatvvv on Mon May 04, 2020 6:11 pm

Remove the scripted story from MyCareer...

----> It's not "my" career. It's someone-else-who-I-don't-care-about's career.
----> The story doesn't change much no matter what you do/say.
----> All the money 2K spend on these actors & stories would be better used on gameplay.

...make it a sandbox SimCareer instead!

----> MyCareer more like a real NBA career simulation, not a canned story.
|--------> Make it text-based like MyGM so possibilities aren't limited by voice-actors & cut scences.
----> No fun playing some arrogant A-hole whose personality you can barely influence.
----> You should not be pre-fated to be treated like a star by everyone. Make it as career-sim.
|--------> It should be hard to become a super-star in MyCareer. Maybe you are only an average player, or even get cut?
|--------> If you do become a super-star, you earned it. It wasn't a pre-scripted story.
----> Simulate the draft again, and make it difficult to be a high first-round pick. That should be a big achievement for excellent play.
----> Teams should want to draft/trade you if you are what they are looking for
|--------> They should look for and prioritise archetypes they need (rim protector, 3pt-shooter, rebounder, whatever) in certain positions.
|--------> This is opposed to just drafting/trading any "good OVRL" player, even if they already have a super-star in that position.
----> Allow us to make more than 1 MyPlayer face. Each MyCareer save gets it's own saved player face.
Last edited by wombatvvv on Wed May 06, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
wombatvvv

Postby wombatvvv on Mon May 04, 2020 8:24 pm

So my main wish (and my wish for 2K for as long as I can remember is posted above in detail. But I have some other ones:

MyPlayer Creation

* Allow player heights to range from 5'2 to 7'8. In other words, you have the option to create either the tallest or shortest player in NBA history.
----> These "extremes" should be very difficult to play well and not ideal. We don't want online play to be full of 7''8 giants.

* Don't limit your MyPlayer's height based on which position they play.
----> Firstly, it's not realistic. There are players of very different physiques playing different positions in real life NBA basketball. An secondly, even if you want to make an outlier, why prevent that?

3D Models / Graphics

* Bigs still don't look quite right (body proportions)
----> Whenever I watch real live NBA basketball after playing 2K, or visa-versa, I'm struck by how much slimmer and taller all the players look in real life. A lot of the 2K players look a bit "thicc" in comparison.
----> Taller players are still a bit too wide and their heads still scale a bit too much, which makes them look more like they're just a normal person "scaled up" in width and height instead of taller person.
----> Also makes the bigs look like they have massive heads (in real life, a taller person's head isn't that much bigger than a shorter person's) e.g: https://i.imgur.com/SEbBVxY.png
----> This has improved in recent years, but it could be even better.

My Career

* Why is MyPlayer in the dunk contest with standing/driving dunk ratings of 49/50 after having done one shit dunk all year??? Stop railroading MyCareer!!! That stuff is only rewarding if it's earned and deserved.

* Commentators use real name instead of nickname more often

* Simulate the draft!
----> That was cool before waiting to see where your player got picked. Why is it removed?

* Remove scripted story-line
----> Make it an open-ended sandbox Sim-Career instead

Gameplay

* Rebounding seems kind of "cheaty"
----> Sometimes you get good position, etc. and the rebound just "falls" into the hands of the AI instead. Player should be rewarded for good play, even if they have lower statistics.

* Passing or lobbing to players from behind them should almost always fail
----> Players don't have eyes on the back of his head. It looks weird and is unrealistic.

* Don't penalise a player in MyCareer with "Defensive breakdown" if the defensive assignment switches a nanosecond before the opposition player scores and before the player has time to react to it.

* After you take a defensive rebound, your guards fly off down court way too often. In real life they will wait under the basket for you to dish it off instead of relying on the big who took the rebound to run upcourt.

Options

* Allow the user to define their own camera for playing

* Use the same camera for all modes! (MyCourt, training, prelude games, etc.). Why can we sometimes not change the camera?

* Put the iso camera back

* Allow a dual-monitor set-up. Being able to see the whole court over two monitors in broadcast/iso views would be fantastic!

A.I.

* Just sort it out. I watched a game featuring the Rockets yesterday, and Russel Westbrook scored all of his points form the paint. The commentators were saying he's online to be the best paint-scoring guard since the 1960s. They actually went out of there way to say the coach didn't insist on changing him into a 3pt specialist for the Rockets. Then I played NBA2K with the Rockets. Westbrook drove to the paint twice and went 1-16 from the 3pt line and just kept bombing away from beyond the arc even when he had missed 10 in a row. Just completely silly and not even close to reality.

Annoying/Frustraing Little things

* Whoever it is that says, "man, I can't even watch this", in training, either get rid of him, or give us a option to punch him in the face.

* Find some solution to the "running on ice" animation. It's very frustrating and unrealistic when trying to get out of the key (3-sec violation) or take a charge (training) or whatever to have either you or you opponent "running on ice" because they're stuck (and it should be a charge).
wombatvvv

Next

Return to NBA 2K21