2K22 MAY BE THE LAST 2K ON PC

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Re: NBA 2K21 PC OLD GEN

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:08 am

Slata wrote:
Andrew wrote:There's a strong possibility, but we won't be able to say for sure until the game comes out and we've been able to test that out.

apparently it doesn't work :cry: :cry:

Unfortunate. Hopefully it doesn't take much to convert them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby brakenclaw on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:49 am

I'm considering sticking with 2k20 until after free agency.
brakenclaw

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:43 am

Not a bad idea if you're still having fun with NBA 2K20.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RealAaron317 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:55 am

I have the PC version of 2k21 and jersey mods also work for 2k21.
RealAaron317

Postby eddie2003prt on Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:48 am

I know I'm early on this, but....

I had thought 2k22 PC was going to be upgraded to next gen, which meant I would need to upgrade my PC to play. But I've noticed that 2k22 will be released on current gen consoles, which leads me to wonder:

Will 22 be similar to 21 in just being a roster update without being a graphics update? Why put out a souped up PC version, and still put out current gen editions? The article I read that was just released today says the price point for the PC version will be $60, not $70 like the next gen editions. That makes me think 22 PC will just be the current gen console version of the game.

I'm cool either way, if I need to update my rig I will. I'm just wondering if anybody knows anything.
eddie2003prt

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 am

Of course it's gonna be released on PS4/X1. PS3 and Xbox 360 had their old releases up to 2K18 (including).
Especially with next-gen consoles having production issues I don't know why would they stop maintaining old-gen releases.

Whether or not PC gets next-gen version and pricing is both up in the stars. Any article stating either is just guessing for clicks.

Last time around PC had to wait one iteration, so if they go with the same pattern, PC would be getting next-gen this year.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:52 am

Yeah, I'd expect PS4 and X1 releases to continue for at least another year or two. I'm still expecting 2K22 PC to be a PS5/XSX port. As for the price, it's likely just speculative at this point, though it's also worth noting that the price increase on the Next Gen consoles isn't set in stone yet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andy7209 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:23 am

That OLD GEN vs. NEXT GEN is still a dark spot for me. I am using the PC version which was free on Epic Games. I guess that is the OLD GEN, right?
Andy7209

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Yes, the PC version is the same as the PS/X1 version.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby go7denboot on Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:35 am

Nothing announced yet, smells pretty bad, another jerseys and roster updates for 60$ on the way
go7denboot

Re: NBA 2K22 PC OLD GEN(again)

Postby NewJerseyNets on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:16 pm

Honestly. I care literally 0% about the next gen graphics. As long as we get MyNBA mode and fixes to literally ANY legacy issue in the mode, I'll be happy. If they just released the exact same game as '21 with all the bugs from MyLeague fixed and the freedom to set up your mode that MyNBA offers - I'll be sold.
NewJerseyNets

Postby eddie2003prt on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Let me throw this out there....I don't know if anyone saw that leak from last week for 2k22. It showed the 4 console versions, but didn't mention PC or Steam.

What if there is no PC version this year? (Unless it has been confirmed and I didn't see it)
eddie2003prt

Postby go7denboot on Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:11 am

NewJerseyNets wrote:Honestly. I care literally 0% about the next gen graphics. As long as we get MyNBA mode and fixes to literally ANY legacy issue in the mode, I'll be happy. If they just released the exact same game as '21 with all the bugs from MyLeague fixed and the freedom to set up your mode that MyNBA offers - I'll be sold.

Its NOT about getting next-gen graphics its about getting the same care as PS5/XBX for PC. This year as every cycle 2K will barely update the old gen and will spend much more time on next-gen version. And also getting next-gen physics and game modes because old gen physics is washed up. Its not realistic at all in 2021. also there is a chance there will be no PC version
go7denboot

Postby NewJerseyNets on Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:47 pm

go7denboot wrote:
NewJerseyNets wrote:Honestly. I care literally 0% about the next gen graphics. As long as we get MyNBA mode and fixes to literally ANY legacy issue in the mode, I'll be happy. If they just released the exact same game as '21 with all the bugs from MyLeague fixed and the freedom to set up your mode that MyNBA offers - I'll be sold.

Its NOT about getting next-gen graphics its about getting the same care as PS5/XBX for PC. This year as every cycle 2K will barely update the old gen and will spend much more time on next-gen version. And also getting next-gen physics and game modes because old gen physics is washed up. Its not realistic at all in 2021. also there is a chance there will be no PC version

You really think there is going to be a MyNBA feature on next gen that won't be available on current gen? If we got next gen on PC that would probably be wack.

I prefer getting old gen version with great mods, because modders are used to the file structure and coding any. Rather than getting a graphics update that I'll just lower anyway...
NewJerseyNets

Postby Amioran on Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:35 am

NewJerseyNets wrote:You really think there is going to be a MyNBA feature on next gen that won't be available on current gen? If we got next gen on PC that would probably be wack.

I prefer getting old gen version with great mods, because modders are used to the file structure and coding any. Rather than getting a graphics update that I'll just lower anyway...

So you prefer getting the same exact game engine with the same exact legacy issues (as the atrocious sliding all over the floor) just because you can "mod" the game, even if those mods are usually done to make better the aspect you pretend you put lower anyway (or maybe for "modding" you intend cheating, is it?). Great logic.

If 2K22 is old gen on PC then there's absolutely no point on buying the game for the platform. The game is made on a PC and "next gen" consoles are anyway themselves small portable PCs this time around, so if they don't give you the next gen version on PC is just because they purposefully don't want to release it for PC users (a user base that gives 2K a lot of money every year even if the majority of people don't understand this). The game can easily run on 5 years old hardware (old gen we are talking about more than 10 years old hardware at this point, NOBODY that games on PC has such old hardware, neither on laptops).

I personally don't care if PC has the new City or not, but at least they MUST give us the next gen engine for the gameplay part, that's imperative.
Amioran

Postby go7denboot on Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:16 am

NewJerseyNets wrote:You really think there is going to be a MyNBA feature on next gen that won't be available on current gen? If we got next gen on PC that would probably be wack.

Game modes are already different on 2K21, MyGM on old-gen is different than MyNBA on next gen, the one on PS5/XBX is more complete and its not the only modes who has differences same for gameplay too
go7denboot

Postby NewJerseyNets on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:54 pm

go7denboot wrote:

Game modes are already different on 2K21, MyGM on old-gen is different than MyNBA on next gen, the one on PS5/XBX is more complete and its not the only modes who has differences same for gameplay too

Yup I know, but only because next gen came out and was developed after current gen. With them both being developed at the same time this year it would be nonsensical to not just copy and paste the same MyNBA update to both versions. Thus if the only difference is with graphics, animations, and gameplay I'm good - I don't care about any of those things.
NewJerseyNets

Postby dante24 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:11 am

go7denboot wrote:@TGsoGood The modding part may be true but Im really tired of the lame **s unrealistic gameplay physics that was good 5 years ago I cant play it another year. And with these RTX graphic cards on the market and the ones that will be release this fall, its not that expensive to upgrade your graphic cards. Better do it sooner than later rather than buy a PS5 to play 2k21 only for one year like a lot of the pc gamer will do.

@ThePointForward thats the whole point of my thread its not confirmed yet that PC isnt next-gen so the PC community have to push now. Your 2kleague point will not be enough to make them port it on PC because as the league is run by 2k themself its more than possible for them to run the PS5 version on a PS5 by a PC. And since 2k collab with playstation, there is too much money on the line to put next-gen on PC if there is no significant reason(s) to do it

:100:

Sadly most people will still pre-order complain on launch day then complain a little less once some issues get a touch up. Same cycle for years. I'm not even looking to buy until I see some certy gameplay
dante24

Postby blackthorne2001 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:58 am

i will not buy nba 2k22 this year if the game is not next gen on PC.
blackthorne2001

Postby yummybear on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:48 am

We love this game bro, we will buy to support. :D

same with NewJerseyNets , it wont matter to me if next gen or old gen. As long as i can see new things on the screen that is a valid reason for me.
yummybear

Postby Amioran on Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:25 am

yummybear wrote:We love this game bro, we will buy to support. :D

same with NewJerseyNets , it wont matter to me if next gen or old gen. As long as i can see new things on the screen that is a valid reason for me.

One of the reasons why 2K continues to deteriorate year after year is because there are many people with this same mentality. Even if you cannot understand this if you really love the game as you say you do then this approach is the best way to actually have it die (and of the worst death possible, one which usually has no recovery).
Amioran

Postby go7denboot on Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Amioran wrote:One of the reasons why 2K continues to deteriorate year after year is because there are many people with this same mentality. Even if you cannot understand this if you really love the game as you say you do then this approach is the best way to actually have it die (and of the worst death possible, one which usually has no recovery).

Finally someone who understands how it works!
go7denboot

Postby yummybear on Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Amioran wrote:
yummybear wrote:We love this game bro, we will buy to support. :D

One of the reasons why 2K continues to deteriorate year after year is because there are many people with this same mentality. Even if you cannot understand this if you really love the game as you say you do then this approach is the best way to actually have it die (and of the worst death possible, one which usually has no recovery).

Nobody says we dont like the next gen. We just trust the people whose working on 2k, they already proved to us that they are capable on making the game modern up to this moment. But greater things, requires longer study especially when you are serving globally, they must be meticulous. Im sure they are fully aware that releasing next gen will boast their marketing and will excites gamers.

Thanks for letting us know the other thinking side for it.
yummybear

Postby BrotherJRB on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:52 am

go7denboot wrote:
Amioran wrote:One of the reasons why 2K continues to deteriorate year after year is because there are many people with this same mentality. Even if you cannot understand this if you really love the game as you say you do then this approach is the best way to actually have it die (and of the worst death possible, one which usually has no recovery).

Finally someone who understands how it works!

My single player experience is great....they have increased the experience of My League every year. The depth is crazy good for single player/non online experience.
2013 is the year?
Thanks to Vl@d, Leftos and all the other patchers for their hard work.
BrotherJRB

Postby zondac12 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:04 am

i'm not surprised by this at all. there was no way they were going to release next gen on pc until they had enough ppl owning the next gen console.

btw, owning both next gen console and pc, i still enjoy my pc version more.
zondac12

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K21