Big men 3 point question

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Big men 3 point question

Postby Bassman58 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:37 am

I have an issue with players like Montrezl Harrell and Javale McGee hanging out at the three point line and not going to the post. What tendencies can fix this? Both rarely shoot from three and both shoot poorly from three. This is a fantasy league so I have adjusted the tendencies. Harrell's tendencies are: shot 3 = 8; spot up shot 3 = 14; transition pull up 3 = 0; freelance transition spot up = 0. Seems to me that since he's a good post player that he should avoid the 3 point line like root canal surgery. His post tendencies are highly oriented to the post. Any suggestions?
Bassman58

Re: Big men 3 point question

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:56 am

This is a major problem with this game, and it has to do with rushed rosters. Steven Adams, and so many other bigs in the game who dont in real life take threes and hangout at the 3 point line often.

Make sure they have a high post up tendency, and that three point tendency is 0 or low depending on how many they shot. They also have a triple threat idle option, make sure that is very low, otherwise they will often stand outside the three point line for long periods of time, when they would not in real life.

These issues are all over the roster, with current/classic/all time teams.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby timmyd on Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:07 am

Bassman58 wrote:I have an issue with players like Montrezl Harrell and Javale McGee hanging out at the three point line and not going to the post. What tendencies can fix this? Both rarely shoot from three and both shoot poorly from three. This is a fantasy league so I have adjusted the tendencies. Harrell's tendencies are: shot 3 = 8; spot up shot 3 = 14; transition pull up 3 = 0; freelance transition spot up = 0. Seems to me that since he's a good post player that he should avoid the 3 point line like root canal surgery. His post tendencies are highly oriented to the post. Any suggestions?

This has bothered me for the last 2 years. Even on next-gen.

Legends like Wilt, Shaq, Kareem, Yao etc all... ALL of them... EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM. Stay around the 3 point line. Whether it's in the corner or top of the Arc.

I was debating whether it's play-style for the teams? I messed around and no luck. I have no idea where else to look.
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby timmyd on Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:10 am

Dee4Three wrote:This is a major problem with this game, and it has to do with rushed rosters. Steven Adams, and so many other bigs in the game who dont in real life take threes and hangout at the 3 point line often.

Make sure they have a high post up tendency, and that three point tendency is 0 or low depending on how many they shot. They also have a triple threat idle option, make sure that is very low, otherwise they will often stand outside the three point line for long periods of time, when they would not in real life.

These issues are all over the roster, with current/classic/all time teams.

I have tried three point tendency to zero, even made 0 for where the 3point shot would come from. I've made 0 for transition spot up and pull up tendencies too. It helps in simulation, Big men don't shoot 3's anymore, but still visually within the game... big men are all stationary beyond the 3point line.

ITS RIDICULOUS
Willing to help complete rosters for season/my league use.

#GoSpursGo
timmyd

Postby NewJerseyNets on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:30 am

I cosign on the tendency part, but the playbook is important for this too. Certain freestyle sets will leave the big men outside the paint (i.e. 21 delay).

If you're freestyle set is Triangle or something similar your big men won't hang out at the 3 point line when you're running the offense. Princeton Chin, Slice, Swing, Bulls 88, Triangle, and Celtics 88 freestyle sets should keep your bigs in the paint. Any modern set is going to eventually have your bigs at the 3 point line.
NewJerseyNets

Postby mp3 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:28 pm

Agree with Dee4three, if you go into rosters, edit and look at the big man in question you see that it's like a default that ALL big men shoot threes now, sure alot do but there are still a few post players out there
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to NBA 2K21