Shooting form bug on NBA 2K21

Talk about NBA 2K21 here.

Shooting form bug on NBA 2K21

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:04 pm

I mostly play offline, and recently I've noticed that players shooting form has been bugged beyond around 18ft. For some reason they all go back to some default animation which finishes with a flat palm (parallel to the ground, similar to how Kawhi shoots). Even players like Curry and KAT who really flick their hand at the end of their shot, are getting this bug and their hand remains flat, which looks really unnatural and unrealistic.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
EpilepticRabbit

Re: Shooting form bug on NBA 2K21

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:01 pm

Got any video examples? I haven't noticed that myself, but I have been spending more time with the PS5 version as of late, so if it's happening on PC/PS4/X1, I haven't been playing enough of that version lately for it to be apparent.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby EpilepticRabbit on Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:30 am

Andrew wrote:Got any video examples? I haven't noticed that myself, but I have been spending more time with the PS5 version as of late, so if it's happening on PC/PS4/X1, I haven't been playing enough of that version lately for it to be apparent.

Sorry for the late reply, I think this only occurs when shooting is set to real player % so it forces some buckets to go in, and some to miss, which is a weird way of doing it. https://youtu.be/AcbR-g8OxE0 Here is a video
EpilepticRabbit

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:54 am

NBA 2K21 definitely has a lot of canned moments that aren't very well hidden: the ball changing trajectory as you noticed, players warping and getting sucked into each other, that kind of thing. It's been very apparent with the motion system they introduced in NBA 2K18 and have been using on PC/PS4/X1 ever since. It's a little better on Next Gen, but not much. There are still a lot of moments that look and feel quite phoney, so I'd say it's a by-product of that. There are some quirky moments and bugs, and the shooting form animation changing to the default on Real FG% looks like it may be another one. I play on User Timing so I haven't noticed it before, but yeah, looks like that may be the case.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K21